About the Editor Leak

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Sep 2006, 13:10

There is a beta version of the Heroes V map editor that's available on the Net for a while. Someone even used my rather uncommon nickname to put it on a file sharing site while I was on vacation, on the other side of the country. I won't post any link to the site because it's been decided at Celestial Heavens not to allow discussions about warez, cracks, CD keys and leaked software. It's a policy we had to enforce back when we were on ForumPlanet, but we still think it's best for the hobby in the long run, and it makes moderation easier.

I just want to add that I don't mind waiting for the map editor. I understand well that the life of a computer game is very short and that including an editor with version 1.0 of Heroes V would have been best for the community and the game, but as one of the person who signed a petition to delay the game earlier this year, I certainly won't start putting pressure on Ubisoft or Nival. If the editor was complete and working well, it would be out already. Since that's not the case, the best thing to do is wait.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1157721052
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Skullmane » 08 Sep 2006, 13:26

Oh, so that wasnt you? :D

I saw that beta editor, and it was Angelspit who added it... I was a little disturbed and confused ;)

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Falsted » 08 Sep 2006, 13:29

I dont mind waiting, it's just a little annoying when they said it would be out last month, and here we are at Sept 8, and we still dont even have a new ETA :(

Evenshade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Evenshade » 08 Sep 2006, 13:46

Well, there have been plenty of hints that it's nearly done. I suspect we'll see it before the 20th. Software development never takes the amount of time the developers' plan on it taking, so I can't say I'm surprised that it's later than predicted.

ed dunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby ed dunk » 08 Sep 2006, 13:48

I'm 68 years old and I can wait.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 08 Sep 2006, 14:30

Angelspit wrote:If the editor was complete and working well, it would be out already. Since that's not the case, the best thing to do is wait.
Yep. We're all chomping at the bit but when it is ready it is ready.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

KingPastaras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby KingPastaras » 08 Sep 2006, 14:49

"I'm 68 years old and I can wait."

Dearest Ed,

Look at the bright side, u r old and wise!

Angelspit is right. Better to wait and get someting correct, than speed it up and deliver bull.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 Sep 2006, 15:22

How true, how true. I would much rather wait until the Map Editor is finished and completely tested before release. Accordingly, I also wish that the game would have been delayed until it was finished and completely tested.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby LordErtz » 08 Sep 2006, 15:59

maybe the editor will be more complete and finished than the actual game! Then our maps might create a whole new type of gaming experience.

Evenshade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Evenshade » 08 Sep 2006, 16:35

"maybe the editor will be more complete and finished than the actual game! Then our maps might create a whole new type of gaming experience."

Well, that's been known to happen.

I'm just hoping that the editor is easier to use than most of the editors provided with 3D games, and is less resource intensive than those other editors. Fortunately, the few screenshots we've seen of it imply that it will be, but we'll just have to wait and see...
Edited on Fri, Sep 08 2006, 10:38 by Evenshade

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby addicted » 08 Sep 2006, 17:35

Anyone who knows you, Angelspit, and CH, should have known it wasn't you who was behind the beta editor uploaded on that website . when I read that on the forum, I knew it was a stolen identity. I completly trust you and CH, that is why this is my favorite place.

On the editor and next patch, we have no alterative but to wait which even I feel flustrated at times but then I have to tell myself to continue to give them the benifit of doubt and hope that this wait is because we will get a bug free and an user friendly editor. At least that is my hope. If it isn't than nival will only seal their own fate and ours too for any future faith in them.
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Braxen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Braxen » 08 Sep 2006, 19:04

Does anyone have screenshots from the editor?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Sep 2006, 20:27

Sure: here

Before anyone thinks I've gone mad, check the URL. It's been there for a couple of months...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Sep 2006, 20:46

You can say what you want about filesharing, rights and the philosphy behind cracks etc... AS, I got'cha back on this one.

CH Eternal!
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Sep 2006, 20:53

Meh,its nothing special.Its the trigers that make an editor really powerful.

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Falsted » 08 Sep 2006, 21:00

CH Eternal...lol :P Awesome

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby Caradoc » 08 Sep 2006, 23:17

As one who has, as we shall say, partaken of the forbidden fruit, I will note that it did not seem 'ripe' and that it will be worth it to wait to get its full flavor.

(And Angelspit, I guess this means you'll have to go back to being LonelyGirl15.)
Edited on Fri, Sep 08 2006, 17:19 by Caradoc
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

MER
Peasant
Peasant

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby MER » 09 Sep 2006, 08:35

does the editor allow making larger maps. the ones included in the game are too small. i'd like to see maps as large as the XXL maps in H3.

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

About the Editor Leak

Unread postby hein321 » 09 Sep 2006, 13:09

ed dunk are you seriously 68 years old??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: About the Editor Leak

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 14:19

Caradoc wrote:(And Angelspit, I guess this means you'll have to go back to being LonelyGirl15.)
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: Thats rich!!

Return to “News”