Heroes V add-on Q & A

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V add-on Q & A

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Sep 2006, 07:06

Community manager Acheval has posted a couple of <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... >questions and answers </a> about the upcoming Heroes V add-on. No groundbreaking news this time, more like a conformation to what has been known already.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1157526386

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 08:09

thankd for the link Pitsu, hadn't seen a collection like that yet ....
Yes, the add-on will carry both the updated Map Editor and the RMG. By the way, we will provide this updated editor for free on the net in the upcoming days, to help the creation of maps by everyone. We should also continue improving it after the add-on.
as i started that answer i could feel my blood start to boil, and then it managed to cool itself as i got to the end of the sentence .... for a second there, i thought there needed to be some crazy axe-wielding going on in the ubi offices!!! :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V add-on Q & A

Unread postby reynaert » 06 Sep 2006, 08:50

"There is also a campaign that is worth half the one from Heroes 5"

Like, more bad voice acting?
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 09:08

i wasn't sure what that meant at all .... but it did seem to hint about some new artifacts, which the game needs rather badly
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 06 Sep 2006, 10:49

Yes, from the screenshots released you see that the dwarves come with their own environment, snow. They mostly live in the mountains north of the Griffin Empire, a fact that was already supposed by the people who looked closely at the Ashan map provided in some game editions.
I hoped that their terrain would be changed at the last moment. They live in snowy environment and they worship dragon of fire? it just looks wrong.
There is also a campaign that is worth half the one from Heroes 5
I don`t understand this one. H5 campaign was crap, so expansion will have even crapier campaign or 2x better?

Sharp_one
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V add-on Q & A

Unread postby Sharp_one » 06 Sep 2006, 10:52

I hoped that their terrain would be changed at the last moment. They live in snowy environment and they worship dragon of fire? it just looks wrong.

If my ass would freeze out from the moment of my birth I would definitly worship something hot like fire dragon :)

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 06 Sep 2006, 10:57

Point, but imho they should worship ice/water dragon. If they worship fire then they hate cold, if they hate cold then why the hell they would live in cold environment.

Giirov
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V add-on Q & A

Unread postby Giirov » 06 Sep 2006, 11:27

People don't live in harsh climates because they enyoy it, but because of necessity - because all better lands are taken by other groups.

As for the "worth half" statement, I understand it as "half as long as".

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Heroes V add-on Q & A

Unread postby Cleanpea » 06 Sep 2006, 11:54

Yeah it's like, If you live in Norway, you don't worship the rain and cold and snow, or embody it in a "freeze" or "cold" dragon. Besides, Dwarves live underground, near lava and rock and the warm protection of the earth. Besides again, there is no primordial dragon of "frost", and no one in their right mind would worship it. Frost is damn cold

Been wanting to say that for a while, since it seems so hard to quit naggin about frost dragons. The phoenix, as mentioned before, could be a "representant" of the fire dragon. And give the dwarves a flyer, since they have none...

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Heroes V add-on Q & A

Unread postby Cleanpea » 06 Sep 2006, 12:01

When they start to patch on after the expansion, will the patches come both to the expansion and the original game? Or will you NEED the expansion to use the new patches after it is released?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 06 Sep 2006, 12:18

Common practice is to release patches both for those with and without the expansion. Excluding those who didn't buy an expansion from further patchings relevant to the original game would be unwise.

Oh, and keep in mind you can add further comments\questions to your last post by editing, no need to create a new one if you just forgot something.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Re: Heroes V add-on Q & A

Unread postby Paulus1 » 06 Sep 2006, 15:14

reynaert wrote:"There is also a campaign that is worth half the one from Heroes 5"

Like, more bad voice acting?
No, it's just a very poorly phrased statement, that the expansion will carry 3 campaigns, each consisting of 5 maps - thus a total of 15 maps.

The original game had 30 maps in the 6 campaigns.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby Akul » 06 Sep 2006, 17:07

Thanks Nival/Ubi/God for dwarves not worshiping a Frost Dragon. What less cliche, that better!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Sep 2006, 17:19

Meandor wrote: I hoped that their terrain would be changed at the last moment. They live in snowy environment and they worship dragon of fire? it just looks wrong.
Meandor wrote:Point, but imho they should worship ice/water dragon. If they worship fire then they hate cold, if they hate cold then why the hell they would live in cold environment.
Why?You never heard of iceland?Its a perfect bland of snow and ice with loads of volcanoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 17:19

Sauron wrote:What less cliche, that better!
Dwarves and fire?! Yeah, really original for a blacksmith race. :rolleyes:

But them having snow as terrain is a step in the right direction. Too bad there's only 1 non-dwarf unit and it's a damn dragon.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Sep 2006, 17:25

That’s already a lot! The dwarves come with their own kind of magic, their own skills and their own new artefacts in order to bring some real fresh air so that players can think of new tactics.
So the dwarven boots and other dwarven artifacts arent actually dwarven artifacts? :|
No, add-on and patches development are done in parallel. Its mostly more producing work for us at Ubisoft As said in another Q&A, we are still roughly on a monthly patch, and we should keep this rhythm.
Ok,I really dont know where to start with this one...So,the addon is no excuse for nivals sloppy patching job after all.And they are still roughly on a monthly paych??!!?!?!?!! :| 8| Thats a hell of a use for roughly!!!!They should keep this rhythm?!?! :| That doesnt sound promising.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Re: Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby Meandor » 06 Sep 2006, 17:38

Sauron wrote:Thanks Nival/Ubi/God for dwarves not worshiping a Frost Dragon. What less cliche, that better!
Never heard about dwarves worshiping frost dragon. It`s usualy earth or fire.
Why?You never heard of iceland?Its a perfect bland of snow and ice with loads of volcanoes.
I stand corrected.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 17:52

Dwarves/mountains & dwarves/fire is nothing new or even weird. Now worshiping a Water/Ice god is something i haven't really heard about.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby Akul » 06 Sep 2006, 18:08

I was talking about worshiping a frost dragon because they live in frost lands.

I was talking about reducing the cliche, not removing it.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 06 Sep 2006, 18:20

How living in snowy environment and worshiping frost dragon is more cliche than worshiping fire dragon?

Return to “News”