IGN Look At Upcoming Games

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

SC ain't perfect, just the best.... mostly

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 17:48

DaemianLucifer wrote: True,it cannot be improved,but it can continue the story.I really want to see the protos-zerg hybrid!
You know that a new patch was released just a few month back, right? And they can still improve the quantity of units and some of the old features, and add ones that weren't standard back then. Not exactly huge improvements, but worth doing.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: SC ain't perfect, just the best.... mostly

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Sep 2006, 17:52

ThunderTitan wrote: You know that a new patch was released just a few month back, right? And they can still improve the quantity of units and some of the old features, and add ones that weren't standard back then. Not exactly huge improvements, but worth doing.
Sure,they can add autocast,add a new resource maybe,add XP to units,and maybe add a unit or two,but that wouldnt be a sequel but an addon.Still a good addon.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 18:00

They could shake up the unit roster, give them new abilities (make a truly multi-functinal Ghost), make huge units (Supreme Commander like) out of BC's, Overlords and Carriers... some WH40k: DoW graphics (or SupCom ones) and you'd have a diferent enough game to count as a sequel. More diferent then most sequels are nowadays anyway.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 06 Sep 2006, 20:20

Yeah, Starcraft was a really good game too. I would play the sequel, if they made one! Just hope that SC: Ghost isn't the end of the series...

Btw Blizzard almost always makes succesful games, many of them which I like. At least some years ago. But they're still succesful. I really like the detail and effort they put into their games.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: IGN Look At Upcoming Games

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 20:54

Marcus333 wrote:Yeah, Starcraft was a really good game too. I would play the sequel, if they made one! Just hope that SC: Ghost isn't the end of the series...
With so many plot threads dangling in the air i doubt it. And they'd be stupid not to make it anyway. But they're too busy milking WoW atm.

Marcus333 wrote: Btw Blizzard almost always makes succesful games, many of them which I like. At least some years ago. But they're still succesful. I really like the detail and effort they put into their games.
Stupid WoW taking all of their time. But even if i find it (and games like it) boring, you have to admit it's a well made game. Now if they stopped ruining the bloody lore with stupid connections between the stupid demons and new races...

magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magerette » 07 Sep 2006, 02:49

Cloud Rider wrote:

Well for one thing, no one REALLY knows if all the Prime Evils are truly dead, but it is safe to assume so. Anything can happen though, but not all of the Lesser Evils have necessarily been mentioned, maybe more are to come.

It would also look great in 3D, as long as they kept the original feel of the game. I have heard some say that they won't bother making another though. :(

You probably know that all or most of the devs that made DiabloI & II have left Blizzard and formed Flagship studios, which is putting out a Diabloesque (but 3d )game called Hellgate:London. I was hoping to see it in this article, but apparently it won't be coming out this fall.

As for Diablo III, it probably won't be made unless WoW etc stops making money ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: IGN Look At Upcoming Games

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 05:26

magerette wrote:As for Diablo III, it probably won't be made unless WoW etc stops making money ;)
Not really true,because blizzard is one of the rare companies thats not completely money hungry.Though they are fame hungry.So as long as WoW is popular,even if it stops bringing in loads of cash,I think theyll continue with that one.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 07 Sep 2006, 07:16

So as long as WoW is popular,even if it stops bringing in loads of cash

contradiction here. Thanks to the monthly fee, popularity=cash.
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magerette » 07 Sep 2006, 20:50

I'd be happy if they'd just do a content/new character patch or expansion like LOD---though the 1.11 patch did add some rune words. But with the men who created the game gone, it's hard to say what a Diablo III from current Blizzard people would be like--probably worth playing, anyway, since Blizzard is indeed a quality outfit.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 08 Sep 2006, 10:31

I too wonder how they can improve StarCraft so it feels like a sequel.
Graphics, sound, story and gameplay features are obvious.

But how many units can they switch out or change and still keep that nigh perfect balance?

I know that all pro players don't want any "n00b" features from WarCraft III or Dawn of War to be included in StarCraft 2 though. It would take less "skill" to play then....

Kinda sad that some people people still demand that you need to have 300 apm to be able to compete in a RTS.

And I've never tried WoW and don't intend to either as long as it costs money every month. 5$ would be alright, not 20!

And the prime evils in Diablo didn't die. They were just banished back to the black abyss that spawned them. Tyrael said that :)

And if you check the arreat summit (Blizzards LoD section) then you'll see that there are a creature that is said to be even worse than the prime evils....

Return to “News”