Heroes V: Hammers of Fate

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 30 Aug 2006, 16:39

Fabrice made an official post in the Ubisoft forums concerning the Heroes V add-on. It confirms the dwarves race, who will be drawn into war against their will. But fabrice also warns that not all info about the dwarves that has recently leaked into various forums is truthful. Only time will tell us the true details of this nation. Besides the new faction the add-on should feature simultaneous turns, random map generator, snow terrain (judged by the screenshot) and the return of the caravan

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1156955944

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 Aug 2006, 17:04

Dwarven eternal ! And... mammoth undying !

By the way, according to french site Gamekult, the add-on may be released as soon as November °_° (http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000050666/)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 30 Aug 2006, 17:07

Yes the caravan and random map generator, they do listen
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 17:12

the rmg isnt because we asked for it. i think they always planned to have it, just that it toough tio make with 3d landscape and all that. it just takes longer. the caravans is because of us. they could have done better with the name though... Hammers of Fate just sounds kinda wierd.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 30 Aug 2006, 17:23

Is it just me, or does the hero art for the dwarf hero not match the art style of the rest of them?

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 30 Aug 2006, 17:25

@ Fabrice - .... The patch program is still underway, we are in the final tweaks of the patch 1.3 with the map editor......

So, I wonder when patch 1.3 will actually be released? It certainly didn't sound like this month! sigh.. It would have been nice if he would have elaborated more on how much longer we have to wait on it.
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 30 Aug 2006, 17:35

I'm very happy to hear about the caravan and I am loving these new screenshots. I will say though that I am very surprised to read that they are looking at a November release for this expansion. That means they must have been working on this for a while now. Kinda makes you wonder how much more they could have done with the base program if they didn't split their time between projects.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 17:52

Yay!The caravan is back!This indeed brings new hope :devil:

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 30 Aug 2006, 17:56

That's good to hear. The dwarf/barbarian race that everybody wanted is here. And some new neutral creatures included. A new 15-level campaign, and I think it will feature all the races in it, and all of them will be playable...
Edited on Wed, Aug 30 2006, 12:00 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 30 Aug 2006, 18:00

CARAVAN!!!

RMG!!!

MANTICORES!!!

I'm very excited. And by very, I mean VERY.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 30 Aug 2006, 18:42

Wow, I really wasn't ready for this, the new faction looks very interesting! Wooly Mammoths...awesome, and the return of wolves is much appreciated indeed!

I am wondering though, how will they be able to finish this by the end of the year? Maybe this whole time they have been working on it and that's why the other things, like patches, are taking so long.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes V: Hammers of Fate

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 18:45

CloudRiderX wrote: I am wondering though, how will they be able to finish this by the end of the year? Maybe this whole time they have been working on it and that's why the other things, like patches, are taking so long.
The same way they gave us the editor by the end of august,or a patch every month :devil:

Alais_Servius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alais_Servius » 30 Aug 2006, 18:56

"I am wondering though, how will they be able to finish this by the end of the year? "

Yeah, good question. Perhaps they have indeed worked on it for some time now: Who knows?

Anyways, great news. If done right (and with no NEW problems introduced) this will definitly rock

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 30 Aug 2006, 19:15

Well I'm hoping the reason the editor, etc were/are so late is because they were working on the expansion at the same time. So *hopefully* lateness will not be an issue with the expansion (they probably put more guys on that than on the patches)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Aug 2006, 20:00

So we'll have both Summon Creatures and Caravans? Interesting...

As for patch #3, there's still one more day of August... :rolleyes:

edit: Yay, we've got Mannie the Mammoth in the game! I wonder if there's a squirrel with an acorn somewhere in there... :devious:
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 30 Aug 2006, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 30 Aug 2006, 20:02

Heroic Corner just posted 30 new screenshots. I added them over at the Lamp too. But I just thought you guys at CH should have a heads up. We get our first images of the new anti-haven/renegade town too. I'm still quite unsure of a name for that town though. Renegade has been tossed around lately, but that's kind of sketchy IMO.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 30 Aug 2006, 20:38

Hammers of Fate, heard worse names. Sounds good, most of it.

But am certainly not going to buy anything before it has proven to actually be good.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Alais_Servius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alais_Servius » 30 Aug 2006, 21:09

"We get our first images of the new anti-haven/renegade town too"

Yeah, I noticed. What's the idea behind that town?

hahakocka6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hahakocka6 » 30 Aug 2006, 21:28

Wow this is wonderful, great mood will come, the dwarf faction will be my best race I think.

Good screenshots wow awesome. I hope that it will bring out in november this year. Before my exams.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 30 Aug 2006, 21:46

Dwarves riding on bears? Are they taking the piss or what? Looks absolutely feckin ridiculous. They take one step forward with reintroducing the dwarves and then fifteen back with crappy units like that. I should be used to disappointment by now.

Return to “News”