Revamping the Site

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 28 Sep 2005, 19:22

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1127933323

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 28 Sep 2005, 19:22

The new POTD design looks very nice :)

I've seen it before reading the news, so I got an 'original' impression ;)

--> Will you redesign larger parts of the site? I don't know where the border would fit, else. It's more like the colors of drachenwald, but not CH ;))

Another point: I posted this already on the Necro Characters page (id=424), but I think you don't read all the comments spread over the page. So I'll put it forward again:

It's a bit confusing that there are many concept arts of the *upgraded* creatures, labeled in the style of Creature (Upgrade). Perhaps for concept arts that show the upgrades (these are many, but not all of them) you could follow a scheme like Creature (Upgrade).

At last: My apologies! I love this site! :)
What the #$*! do we know?

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 28 Sep 2005, 19:23

PS: If you could post a news-post's text inside the -Tag of your RSS feed... would be easier to use :)

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 28 Sep 2005, 19:24

PPS: Maybe a possibility to comment on POTDs? :)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Sep 2005, 06:42

Nival made one concept art for every creature. Some are upgraded (inquisitor, militia guard) and some are not (grifin, archer)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Camay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Camay » 29 Sep 2005, 11:04

and if the possibility of comments on potd is coming, claim it somewhere on the welcome page like:"Post your comment on POTD!!!" so it will be natural for everyone to drop a line each week :)

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 29 Sep 2005, 15:53

The Ubisoft modellers will have had to have an image for *every* creature done by the Nival artist. They released one for each creature, but there has to be more.

maximus9
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maximus9 » 29 Sep 2005, 17:19

I would love to see maps sortable by date. So lets say you want to see the maps put up in 2005, you could go from the most recent to the ones at the beginning of the year in order.

maximus9
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maximus9 » 29 Sep 2005, 17:22

Ok. Correction. You can sort by date. It would just be great to see on the sorted list for each map the date it was posted, even if its only month, it would help.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 29 Sep 2005, 17:58

The sort by date doesn't seem to work properly anyway. I tried sorting all WoG format maps and got strange results. Even though we can't see the dates, I know that Painted: The Misfit was neither the first nor last WoG map uploaded, yet it appears at the top of the list. Similarly, I'm pretty sure THUNK wasn't the 5th or 5th from last map either, and I'm fairly sure Choices shouldn't be in the spot 2 above it, since I know that at least several other maps appeared between the two. Since I was the author or co-author on these maps, I have a pretty good idea of when they were uploaded and/or updated relative to each other and the order I'm seeing them in when sorting by date doesn't seem to reflect this.
- Fnord

Return to “News”