Academy and Sylvan artwork

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Sep 2005, 12:08

The Sylvan town is nearly perfect but some small issues.The Dendroid could have been a bit more similar to the ones from H3.The dendroid is properly a lvl 5 unit.For those who thinks the green and gold dragon looks weird,take a look at the blue and black D&D dragons they are way uglier. The gremling holds a horn NOT a freaking gun,take a clesr lok and you'll see.The genie have too big gloves and wheres his head,the Titan should have some armor,maybe upgraded.The gargoyle may come to life when attacked or attacks.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 25 Sep 2005, 17:44

Yes, the Gremlin carries a horn, but what does it have strapped to its back? (Maybe it's a horn case? :) )
- Fnord

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 25 Sep 2005, 18:06

A horn case! lol :P

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 25 Sep 2005, 18:08

Oh and thank you Angel, I was able to see the Art work finally. Sylvan looks not to bad...but Academy..well...not to my likeing lets just say :(

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 25 Sep 2005, 20:09

Tried to comment on the previous piece (on first-person shooters) but it doesn't work. That, I dare say, is why you haven't had any replies... :-)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 Sep 2005, 02:11

Comments about Discources of Might and Magic should be posted below the article itself, as stated in the news item.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

alchemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alchemy » 26 Sep 2005, 03:14

the sylvan are...beautiful jus beautiful.

They rock!

alchemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alchemy » 26 Sep 2005, 03:15

Academy...weird...especially the mage and geine...and the titan, they seem smaller.

madcat_lives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby madcat_lives » 26 Sep 2005, 13:49

I wish our barr were here. tThey were in homm 1. some of the units were as far back as King's Bounty. The Obsidian looks like some kind of chess piece. Does he move like one too?
Let them think they are winning, when they find out they are losing, its too late.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 26 Sep 2005, 15:43

I hate to admit it, but I am quite disappointed in their handling of the Academy look. To quote some one above, the creatures are just bizarre. The titan does remind me of the Energy Elemental; the genie just isn't quite right, the golem looks just like a soldier--if you didn't call it a golem, you might not even know it; and the gargoyle...I'm not even going to get started on it.

Anonimous360
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anonimous360 » 26 Sep 2005, 16:53

Well I say the academy stinks too.

And I would prefer the Elves being more "lord of the ringish" type but it ain't a hard thing to come over.
Why did I type my username with an "i"?

Fallen Angel
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Fallen Angel » 26 Sep 2005, 17:35

I think the new Academy look is brilliant. It breathed some life into a line-up that was growing over-used and stale. I think I would have preferred a few new creatures, but what they've done is just as fresh, I think.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 26 Sep 2005, 18:59

@Anonimous360:

If they made the elves LordoftheRingish looking, people would be complaining that Ubi was copying LOTR. Accusations such as 'Warcraft-like graphics' have popped up already, and some would jump at the chance to bring Ubi down further. I'm not saying I don't like that look, I'm just being realistic. I also think the spirit should wear more clothes or something, I don't want my parents thinking I'm playing a 'bad' game.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 26 Sep 2005, 19:25

Haha! "R" rated game :)

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 27 Sep 2005, 01:35

@CloudRider,

Well, in that case why can't Ubi just have the troops 'Heroes of Might and Magish'? Since we're playing, Heroes, not Warcraft.

I like Sylvan than Academy, so much for my favorite faction *sniff*
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Furay
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Furay » 27 Sep 2005, 04:04

I think the gargoyle looks brilliant. I'm pretty sure they will open up and move when they attacks, but then fold up back into that block "chess piece" when they stop (and defend). I bet their defence stats will be quite high.

Sermil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sermil » 27 Sep 2005, 06:01

Actually, the gargoyle reminds me of some of the enemies from that last Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess trailer & screenshots e.g. http://www.nintendo.com/screenshotlarge ... urrentNo=8&

Same weird glowing 'circuits', same darkish material, same boxy shape.

BTW, Anyone know where the 'action' Zelda trailer is on the WWW? (not the E3 trailer, the other one)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 27 Sep 2005, 08:57

Academy is horrible!!!

Genies look like torso of some armor, titan looks like a golem, mage looks stupid, gargoyle looks like some chest, and my words can't describe my feelings for rakasha!!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

breaker581
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby breaker581 » 27 Sep 2005, 15:07

The Gremlin is holding a gun guys. It's one of those old muskets that pirates used to use. I don't like the Mage or the Gargoyle. The mage looks like a decrepit old man and doesn't really instill any fear. Ubi definitely could have made him cooler.

alantor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alantor » 27 Sep 2005, 16:17

Maybe I'm missing something, but where the hell is the Phoenix?

Return to “News”