Heroes V Expansion Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
geekman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby geekman » 01 Sep 2006, 21:23

Caravans are coming back! All right! I loved those things in Heroes IV; they made getting troops to a hero so much easier. And with the morale penalties creatures get when in the army of a hero not of the same race, it'll be even more helpful. I hope the expansion will "install" them in the original campaigns.

I do think it's too early for Ubi and Nival to release an expansion when they still haven't fixed the base game yet. I hope they don't ignore the bugs, incorrect ability and object descriptions, multiplayer that's still not working, and the maps that were apparently supposed to ship with it.
Edited on Fri, Sep 01 2006, 15:32 by geekman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2006, 22:35

LordErtz wrote:There won't be any naga since naga is supposedly a neutral creature. That negates the ability to have a group based on them.
*cough* Conflux *cough*
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Heroes V Expansion Announced

Unread postby King Imp » 01 Sep 2006, 23:24

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Sauron wrote:We are talking about the number of dragons not about how many dragons a town has. Also, in H4 every unit is in some town so the Green Dragon is Asylums cretaure.
Ok,then lets look at this this way,HIV had only 4 dragons,HV already has 6,and will have 10,HIII had 10 and thats way too many.Hmmm...10 dragons in HIII,and therell be 10 dragons in HV...Again...*sigh*!

I'm not arguing your point, but I just wanted to comment on a couple of things.

First off, wouldn't 6 (base game) + 2 (Fire and Magma Dragons) = 8, not 10?

Second, it's really not fair to compare H3 and H5 to H4 in this regard. There were no upgrades in H4. You could easily say there are really only 3 dragons in H5 and will be 4 with the expansion. I honestly don't consider an upgraded version a whole new dragon.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2006, 23:35

King Imp wrote: Second, it's really not fair to compare H3 and H5 to H4 in this regard. There were no upgrades in H4. You could easily say there are really only 3 dragons in H5 and will be 4 with the expansion. I honestly don't consider an upgraded version a whole new dragon.
Still doesn't change the fact that 4 out of 7 towns have a dragon as top tier. H4 had 5 out of how many? That's right, 5 out of 12. And one wasn't even in a town.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 02 Sep 2006, 03:56

12? Where do you get 12 from? There were 6 towns, regardless of how many Level 4 units were in each. It was still only 6 towns and in those 6 towns there were 4 dragons.

I may not be a master mathematician, but last I checked 4 out of 6 was a higher percentage than 4 out of 7.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 08:24

King Imp wrote:12? Where do you get 12 from? There were 6 towns, regardless of how many Level 4 units were in each. It was still only 6 towns and in those 6 towns there were 4 dragons.
HIV had 2 top tier units.So it had 4 out of 12 top tier units as dragons,and one neutral.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 02 Sep 2006, 08:31

Still, it's only 6 towns. One cannot say it counts as 12 towns simply because of two Level 4 units. Either way, that is like apples and oranges. One cannot be compared to the other because of the different makeup of the game.

Now, Heroes 5 compared to Heroes 3 is much better and in that case H3 only had 3 dragons in 9 towns (not counting neutrals) as opposed to 4 dragons in 7 towns with H5. In that case I can fully agree that they are going overboard with the dragons in this game so far.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 02 Sep 2006, 09:51

still, I wonder. What's the deal with a mythology based on dragons as gods while (more then) half the town can get dragons as creatures that can die?

anyway. in homm4, with expansions, you had 18 top level creatures, of which 5 were dragons. In h3, with expansions, you had 22 top level creatures of which 10 were dragons. H5 with exp gives 15 top level creatures with 8 dragons. I consider that highly unoriginal. And I question it even more in light of their 'mythology'. (H2 gave 4 dragons out of 11, and h1 1 out of 4)

So, those are my problems with yet another dragon. It's unoriginal and seems hard with the mythos. you might call it nitpicking, but one can always extrapolate it: you can hardly say H5 is an innovative, original game.
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2006, 10:42

King Imp wrote:Still, it's only 6 towns. One cannot say it counts as 12 towns simply because of two Level 4 units. Either way, that is like apples and oranges. One cannot be compared to the other because of the different makeup of the game.
This is more about the % of dragons that make up the top lvl creatures. H5 has the biggest one right now, without the expansion town.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Sep 2006, 13:17

reynaert wrote:In h3, with expansions, you had 22 top level creatures of which 10 were dragons.
One could say that since the Azures were level 10 on paper, there were 1 top-level creature, and it was all dragon :devious:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 14:55

reynaert wrote:still, I wonder. What's the deal with a mythology based on dragons as gods while (more then) half the town can get dragons as creatures that can die?
Because its just that:A mythology.No one seems to ever seen a real dragon god,and the closest thing anyone encountered was sar elam.The dragons are just creatures,like all others,just a bit strong.Thats probably why someone thought that gods were dragons.

Return to “News”