Heroes V Expansion Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 29 Aug 2006, 03:44

Wow the mods in this forum are a lot more controlling than in most forums I frequent. Ah well if it makes them feel better then go for it.

Anyways honestly ubisoft is acting like electronic arts as far as game support goes. When a game is released incomplete missing VITAL features you promised then obviously you don't right away jump into a new expansion. It makes the customers feel like crap when they see you're just ignoring their requests.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 04:05

holy crap, what, were there only three entries???

i woulda picked glacier over those other two shockers as well, but why not use some of the brilliant suggestions from here

Minotaur Insurgent??
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Heroes V Expansion Announced

Unread postby King Imp » 29 Aug 2006, 05:28

Sauron wrote:Who told that Nival ever saw those town proposals?! The contest was made by a Russian magazine.

Unless I'm mistaken, and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was always under the assumption that this contest was run by Nival themselves, not some Russian gaming magazine.

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 29 Aug 2006, 05:35

The bugs won't be ignored. I think they'll save it all up for the expansion. I would, however, not buy the game, if the map editor is only available in the expansion, which seems quite likely.

Although, the rune magics does feel a little like the academy's arcane forge (how dare they even use the word "forge"). Again, I really have to stress that European, Asian and American tastes are radically different, so many features will seem strange to many people.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2006, 07:12

sylvanllewelyn wrote:"Again, I really have to stress that European, Asian and American tastes are radically different, so many features will seem strange to many people."
I really don't think that's true. Plenty of Americans disagreeing with oneanother on the forum. Europeans too.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 29 Aug 2006, 08:13

Theese are the new dwarven creatures:

Axe_Fighter
Axe_Thrower
Bear_Rider
Berserker
Blackbear_Rider
Brawler
Defender
Fire_Dragon
Flame_Mage
Magma_Dragon
Rune_Mage
Stout_Defender
Thane
Warlord

Also, the expansion will bring some new neutrals:

Crystal_Dragon
Manticore
Mummy
Naga
SnowApe
Wolf

There are also some kind of Renegate creatures:

Archangel
Champion
Cleric
Marksman
Peasant
RoyalGriffin
Swordsman
Last edited by Eternor on 29 Aug 2006, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2006, 08:20

Eternor wrote: Axe_Fighter
Fire_Dragon
Flame_Mage
Magma_Dragon
SnowApe
Guess we'll be resurecting the "stupid names" thread.

Axe Fighter?! He fights Axes? And another bloody dragon?! :mad: That means that more then half the lvl7's are dragons now, great.... :disagree: And SnowApe? What the hell was wrong with Great White Ape? Or Tarzan? :devious:

And why are they throwing out the Naga and Manticore from posible new town? So they can be replaced by more dragons, like the Phoenix was?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 08:34

yep, those are some shockers .... and a magma dragon???

shame about the naga as a neutral, there goes that plan for a faction

that all assumes this is correct, although talking about an illegal program is a good way to get your post deleted Eternor
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 29 Aug 2006, 08:35

Eternor wrote:According to the leaked map editor, theese are the new dwarven creatures:

You mean we can put creatures from the expansion with the editor that is supposed to come with patch 1.3 ? That's weird...
Edited on Tue, Aug 29 2006, 02:45 by Marzhin

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Aug 2006, 11:41

To King Imp:

WHAT?! Nival found time to read all those submissions while working on H5, Hammer & Sicle, other games, negotiating with Ubisoft and Starforce, repairing parts of the games, making patches for H&S, watching their, UBI's and fan forums not to mention forums for their other games... this gotta be the war of clones. Russian magazine gave prize to those who bribed theme the most. Ubi/Nival would never take bribed winers for their games.

And for the gods sake people, Nival and UBI do not care about the damned contest. Since the first chapter in Haven campaign it was writen: "Dwarves shall come in expansion" if you read betewen the lines. Dwarven, nagish and orcish line-ups and concepts have probably been made even before H5 was released.
Edited on Tue, Aug 29 2006, 05:41 by Sauron
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 29 Aug 2006, 11:47

SnowApe
:lolu: I can't wait to see that one!
Maybe when the Map Editor appears, some inspired mapmaker will adapt Monkey Island for H5! :loll:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2006, 11:49

I agree that the factions were probably decided long before H5 was finished, as Fabrice did say there are 11 factions in Ashan way back. But i doubt their line-ups were set in stone from back then. They might have had a rough ideea of what the factions are about and what creatures could work, but chosing a fire dragon over a phoenix?!

Oh, and is it just me or except the dragon all the rest are dwarfs?

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 29 Aug 2006, 13:41

As known, we cannot have enough dragons. I mean, come on, homm4 had what- a lousy 5 dragons, in all expansions, and look who's considering that a good game. homm3, on the other hand, had 10 dragons in the end- I mean, that's a good game. And it would have been more if only thay hadn't run out of colors and were refusing ideas for navy-blue dragon, sky-blue dragon and cyan-blue dragon, next to azure dragon.

so, abiding the natural law of game quality= amount of dragons, nival made an excellent choice.

besides, it wouldn't be the first time the map editor made creatures available from the expansion.
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 29 Aug 2006, 16:11

@reynaert Dude, the ammount of dragons hasn't anything to do with H4 being an unsuccesful game, and H3 a good game... H5 wouldnt have been worse if they hadnt use so much dragons, maybe even better, depending on what they would have used instead.

Flame Mage-Rune Mage, eh? Does that mean runic magic will be fire-based? Would be intersting, but probably boring.
Edited on Tue, Aug 29 2006, 10:14 by Skullmane

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 29 Aug 2006, 16:17

Skullmane wrote:@reynaert Dude, the ammount of dragons hasn't anything to do with H4 being an unsuccesful game, and H3 a good game... H5 wouldnt have been worse if they hadnt use so much dragons, maybe even better, depending on what they would have used instead.
I think you missed the sarcasm ;)

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 29 Aug 2006, 16:22

I think you missed the sarcasm ;)

Could be, im not thinking straight right now...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Aug 2006, 17:11

Rune magic may be similiar to Fire because dwarves do worship the dragon of fire.

The dragon will probably be red.

asgaaroth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asgaaroth » 29 Aug 2006, 17:40

I want gorgons,basilisks and fly hives back!!!It was great castle.What do you think?

asgaaroth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asgaaroth » 29 Aug 2006, 17:46

Oh, and something instead hydras.Maybe Swamp Monster or Swamp Snake?:)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Aug 2006, 17:54

It will probably come in some other faction under race called Naga.

Return to “News”