The Ubisoft Takeover Saga

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 23 Sep 2005, 03:33

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1127439054

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 23 Sep 2005, 03:33

Wooow! The guys at ubisoft love their job! But they prefer $money$, how unexpected.

Well, now there will be one heroes game per year and they'll change the name of the players... err... of the heroes and creatures. And maybe they'll add voices to comment the battles as well.

That's good news after all ^^
Image Spiritu Insanum

socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby socketboy » 23 Sep 2005, 04:00

As long as they don't can it before I can try the beta...

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 23 Sep 2005, 04:57

You guys do realize that M&M3 for the Genesis Had EA involved in some aspect, IIRC, right?

socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby socketboy » 23 Sep 2005, 07:06

A lot has changed since MM3 though

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 23 Sep 2005, 11:21

Wow, EA games want s to but Ubisoft out? I mean that's good because EA games makes really good games. I wonder if they will throw the current V out and make a new one? I wouldn't mind, if it was really good, but others won't agree.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 23 Sep 2005, 14:08

@Wildbear - and I suppose the Hero they put on the box will be cursed until the next edition is released? :)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 23 Sep 2005, 14:58

Dunno, is that what they usually do?

I didn't buy an EA game for more than 10 years now, tried some demos only (they made me laugh but only because they were bad), so I don't know who is cursed and who is not since I never see the box ^^
Image Spiritu Insanum

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 23 Sep 2005, 15:14

Well it's a well-documented fact that whichever NFL player appears on the box for EA's Madden series of football games, has an awful performance the following year. It's actually pretty uncanny and goes back several years. It is now affectionately known as the "Madden Curse".

Witness: in 2003, Michael Vick was on the cover and he broke his leg in preseason and was sidelined the whole year. In 2002, Marshall Faulk was on the cover and early in the season, he seriously hurt his ankle, missed half his games, and has never been the same player since. In 2001, Dante Caulpepper was on the cover - hurt his knee and missed most of the season. 2000? RB Eddie George was on the cover and he had the worst season of his career, in addition to being injured 5 times. Only last year (2004) did the cover player (Ray Lewis) escape major injury - but his year still wasn't that great.

Seriously - google "Madden Curse". You can even get Vegas odds if you want.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

madcat_lives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby madcat_lives » 23 Sep 2005, 17:09

I thought EA is only sport games. HOMM5 might not come out now.
Let them think they are winning, when they find out they are losing, its too late.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 23 Sep 2005, 19:37

No, EA made the entire Lotr series into video games. Two Towers, Return of the King, The Third Age, The Battle for middle-earth, and others. They also are making a sequel to TBFME, so there is no reason they shouldn't make a heroes game.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 23 Sep 2005, 19:57

I'm not happy with this story at all. I hope it will never happen, and if it does, that it will be afterwe've seen the expansions at least. I don't like EA one bit. Quantity is their magic word, not quality.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 24 Sep 2005, 14:00

I definetly didn't think that Ubisoft would surrender that easily....

It doesn't make sense! Surrendering to EvilA will mean a colossal profit in the immediate future, but they will lose EVERYTHING(!) as soon as EvilA gets into the board of decisionmaking.

EvilA needs to be destroyed....I wouldn't grive if I read tomorrow that EvilAs HQ had been blown up.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 24 Sep 2005, 17:10

Censeo EAinem esse delendam.
What the #$*! do we know?

Return to “News”