Sylvan and Academy Creature List

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
boo8412
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boo8412 » 23 Sep 2005, 02:00

Sylvan is getting no game play by me sorry guys but no phoenix no dwarves.... whats up with the war dancer.... and dont bring back the gold dragon what about fairy dragons. something about the dungeons black=gold dragon matriarch=druid too much the same here.. let us all pray that this will be either changed or some bad info

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 23 Sep 2005, 02:35

Hmmm my comment somehow wasn't posted the first time so I'll try again.

Give it a chance boo8412! Change is not always a bad thing. My love for the Preserve is second only for my beloved Academy and I think the new Sylvan town is looking pretty good.

As for the druid and matriarch being the same, only if you consider all spellcasters the same. They will have very different spells I am sure.

As for whether the black and gold dragon are too similar it is too early to tell. They could have very different specials/abilities.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

MT Silver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MT Silver » 23 Sep 2005, 11:35

Angelspit, you might want to remove that "ordered by level" comment on the first page. When Sarsis posted the info, he said this: "There is no information on which level each creature is - so I'll just type their names in a line."

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 23 Sep 2005, 11:45

I am very pleased with the new Dungeon creatures. They’re different and I can’t wait to explore their abilities, strengths and weaknesses. As for Academy, it’s getting a little “run of the mill”. Be a little more creative Ubi soft! The same goes for the most of the familiar creatures. I know that some of the creatures have to be there, otherwise it wouldn’t be the game we know and love, but they should try and mix it up a little more.

For those of you who miss the phoenix (which I do too), don’t be surprised to see them in an expansion. Remember it was one of the first artworks to be shown. And it’ll probably be in a sort of Conflux type army, since they‘re leaning more towards H3.

One last note. I just hope they keep a lot of intricacy of H4, especially in XL maps like Suprematie and campaigns such as plains walker I and II.
Hats off to all contributors, in all shapes and sizes. Keep up the good work.

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 23 Sep 2005, 12:14

I am really happy about the creatures except the uncreative Academy, the name is new and the Rakasha but Ii dont bothering me either.

Well, lets see so many pictures about these cities and creature at the official siite too.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 23 Sep 2005, 13:42

About similarities between dungeon and sylvan line-ups: Since the dungeon is an offshoot of the sylvan (the dark elves are "renegade" elves, if you will; read the full dungeon history for more info), it makes sence that they would have similar lineups.

FOr example, the Sylvan elves had venerated the gold dragon, it only makes sence that the Dungeon elves would look for a dragon more suited to their lifestyle. Similarly, their spell casters would be of similar power (=level in the game), but the spells would have taken a different direction (again, based on town philosophy)

This also sets up the three pairings in the game:

Sylvan vs. Dungeon (two factions, one society)

Academy vs. Necropolis (two factions, one society again)

Haven vs. Inferno (invaded / invader)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 23 Sep 2005, 16:07

So... No dwarves anywhere. Too bad :'(
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 24 Sep 2005, 12:07

A guy called Sarsis has posted the Sylvan and Academy arts. Take a look:

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3558 ... rts2aw.jpg

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/7426 ... rts1iv.jpg
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 24 Sep 2005, 12:35

In my opinion:

The Sylvan race: I like it very much and the Indian touch in it. The race is a natural enemy of Dark Elves so some the units from the same level in both cities are similiar looking. I especially like the Battle Unicorn and High Druid, but other units are very beautiful alike. I just hope they will look similiar in the game itself.

And about the Academy: I'm not dissapointed about this race either. They have their unique style with majority of blue and black colours. I'm a bit dissapointed about the Gargoyle, and the fact that Titan has no armour. But the Rakshassa is simply fantastic! This will be one of my favourite units. The Genie is also pretty cool, but why there are no Ifrits in Inferno. The Genies will by very sad about the abscence of their natural enemies :P
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 24 Sep 2005, 12:47

The obsidian gargoyle looks like a soda machine or a jukebox =D

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 24 Sep 2005, 13:11

Yeah, they changed the way every Academy unit looked from the previous titles. That makes me a little happier. At least they made them LOOK different even if they aren't.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

NecroSpazz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NecroSpazz » 24 Sep 2005, 13:13

Rakshassa...looks quite weird.
Necropolis fan since Heroes 2.

NecroSpazz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NecroSpazz » 24 Sep 2005, 13:15

What's Master Gremlins weapon? A gun?
Necropolis fan since Heroes 2.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 24 Sep 2005, 15:28

NecroSpazz: it looks like a club to me. In the thinner end there's a sling where it can put its hand and swing the club around like a propeller.

Return to “News”