Sylvan and Academy Creature List

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 22 Sep 2005, 15:26

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1127402222

neroir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby neroir » 22 Sep 2005, 15:26

Academy creature are the same as in Heroes III, except the Rakshassa, that replaces the naga... I was expecting some creature changes...

And Sylvan creatures, as the dungeon creatures, are a mix of differents elves and typicall rampart units... I think it's ok... Some screenshot would be great...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 22 Sep 2005, 15:32

Based on how quickly the information has been flowing during the past two days, I guess it won't take long before images appear on a forum somewhere. It would be nice if the official site was able to catch up with the official forum though...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 22 Sep 2005, 15:46

I think I will love Sylvan as it is, though I don't know what the second lvl unit is... a leprechaun? I'm sorry for having another dragon in there instead of a phoenix, because a) we don't have a phoenix, now, and b) the dragon in Dungeon is no longer a "unique idea".

--

The Academy... It seems a bit boring to me, although I have no idea about the Rakshassa... What the hell is this? Might be interesting, especially, because it's lvl 6 and should be very strong and powerful!
What the #$*! do we know?

NecroSpazz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NecroSpazz » 22 Sep 2005, 15:55

Good. Druids are back. But phoenix...
Necropolis fan since Heroes 2.

socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby socketboy » 22 Sep 2005, 15:57

Yeah I was hoping for a little more mix up in the Academy, but we really didn't get much of a mix up in the haven, or inferno castles either.

I am glad the phoenix isn't in the sylvan town.

Overall I like the lineups.Now I can't wait for some screens

NecroSpazz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NecroSpazz » 22 Sep 2005, 16:12

But what about dwarves, orcs, goblins, trolls ect.? Hopefully they appear in game.
Necropolis fan since Heroes 2.

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 22 Sep 2005, 16:13

I can't wait to see Sylvan! And probably play it too! The Unicorn is only lv 4. Hmm... That's new.

About the Academy... "It's the same as HoMM III, except one creature." That was also the first I thought of, when i saw it. But i didn't think it was boring or so. I just thought: "Nice!". I don't mind, that it's almost the same as HoMM III in creature lineup, since I like almost all the creatures from HoMM III.

neroir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby neroir » 22 Sep 2005, 16:41

tiger-girl... it fits with the stressed oriental/desertic style of the new academy.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 22 Sep 2005, 17:18

read in the official forum! There is a description of all the concept arts. (The poor boy has nor a scanner, neither a digicam...)
What the #$*! do we know?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 Sep 2005, 17:51

Gah! The Academy town are even worse in similarity too the Tower town than the Havens line-up from the Castle.No gnomes,pegasi,phoenix,dwarves ;( THE DWARVES? Why the heck did they remove them? They are miner,fits very well in mountains among the gnomes.Sheeesh! I thought Ubi would do better than this with the 2 last towns.Seriously Druids as units? Oh well it might be great because like the Dungeon town there have too be some units featuring the race itself.

But hey! I give Ubi credits for bringing the dendroids,titans,gold dragons,genies,gargoyles and the unicorns back

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 22 Sep 2005, 18:40

Sweet, not much change but i could care less. Glad Druids are back from II, kinda confused about the war dancer, why not wolf or something? Academy kinda dissapoints me. Glad to see titans and genies, but exactly the same as Tower lineup - not cool. Dunno, i've got mixed feelings, I'll reserve my judgement for the concept art and screens.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 22 Sep 2005, 18:45

We still haven't seen the new units. Maybe, for instance, the War Dancer is a Dwarf (well, maybe not :/). I think that Ubisoft is bringing too much from other games or books, and not too much from the Heroes series. We will see how it will work out. If it's for me I like the style of Heroes V, but it is possible that it will loose the Heroes series climate.
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 22 Sep 2005, 18:53

Academy basically the same as in Heroes III....I feel a little disappointed as the Tower was boooring in Heroes III but I hope for the better.

Don't care about the treehugging pansys much. I think there units are of the following types:

Spirit: Weak, very fast flyer

War Dancer: Fast melee

High Elf: Grand Elf with a new name

Battle Unicorn: Same as in Heroes III, only weaker and cheaper

Dendroid Soldier: Same as in Heroes III

High Druid: Powerful spellcaster

Gold Dragon: Same as in Heroes III

kurios
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kurios » 22 Sep 2005, 18:54

Wonder if the GOlden Dragon is gonna just be a large melee creature or a magic user as in HOMM4

kurios
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kurios » 22 Sep 2005, 18:59

I doubt war dancer would be a dwarf...i dont picture dwarves dancing in combat

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 22 Sep 2005, 20:20

Until we get official word, I'm not fully sold on this being right.

Remember when the Nature town was first announced by someone who saw it at a convention? He said the tree's name was Treant or something like that. Now, all of a sudden, this article says they are called Dendroid Soldier.

Someone obviously got their facts wrong.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 22 Sep 2005, 20:55

Remember, upgrades. Dendroid might be the upgrade of Treant. Not likely but possible.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Anthriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anthriel » 22 Sep 2005, 21:27

Rakshasa (they are usually written with just one s) are these tigerman mages. I cannot really picture them as anything else than Spellcasters ... if they are, Academy is overloaded with ranged combat. 5 out of 7 units are either ranged or cast spells. That's even more extreme than Necropolis' 4 flyers.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 22 Sep 2005, 22:35

Actually, there is no gold dragon in Homm4, Kurios must be thinking of the Fairy Dragpn.
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Return to “News”