Dungeon Info Revealed

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 22 Sep 2005, 11:54

Jeez, everything in the fantasy universe is not original. Give 'em a friggin BREAK for crying out loud.

Of course, they COULD have made a town inhabited by creatures that were a cross between a beaver, a rhino, and an emu... but I'm sure people would STILL find a reason to vent their complaining-urge.

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 22 Sep 2005, 12:54

Is the Scout female or male? I think she looks female, but i dont know.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 22 Sep 2005, 13:36

I think that the units look good, I only dislike the level of Hydra (w and the fact that it probably means there will be no Fortress town...or the Wyvern will be the strongest unit. We will see, also for what will happen with the Stronghold town.
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Tyreal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tyreal » 22 Sep 2005, 13:48

yes there are 4 dark elf units...ugh!!!! 2 I can handle but four uhh...no. Where are the beholder and medusa i wonder?? neutral units at best if not probably expansion pack.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 22 Sep 2005, 13:51

Medusa is probably neutral - she didn't fit in Dungeon anyway, Medusae are outdoor creatures.

And Beholder? I can't understand how people can be scared of a rifle when these alien things have been part of Homm for so long.

Manticores would have been nice though, perhaps they changed alignment? I always thought they were one of the coolest creatures.

And I hope they make the raider a little bigger, he looked tiny against the hydra!

Tyreal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tyreal » 22 Sep 2005, 14:07

medusa neutral again? huh just like in h2. I have to admit I would have liked the beholder being in instead of one of those dark elf units, maybe move the cave lizard rider to level 2 take out that uninteresting female unit and put the beholder at level 4 but that's just me. :)

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 22 Sep 2005, 14:24

Btw, the crossbow guy reminds me of Raziel (Legacy of Kain)
==============
I still don't get that stupid WoG puzzle.

Viktor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Viktor » 22 Sep 2005, 15:05

I think, that the raider is really too small, to be level 4 melee fighter.

When you compare it with griffin from Heaven faction.

SirGalrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirGalrim » 22 Sep 2005, 16:46

*yawn* Not impressed..

H5 takes another step towards the fantasy style of D&D.. boooring..
"Never seen you. I don't even know your name. But still I belive.. That you are gonna save me!"
- juveth.no

Waldorf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waldorf » 22 Sep 2005, 17:19

What the f?"K??? Whats up with the dinoriders theme??? Now I'm totally dissapointed... Not true to the Heroes Universe...

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 22 Sep 2005, 18:14

Lol, the Heroes Universe covers Unicorns to Sea Monsters, to Alien Floating Eyes, to Mechanical Dragons... what ISN'T true to it???

H5 isn't H4, or H3, or H2, or H1, or even King's Bounty. It's Heroes 5. Ubi bought it, it's their world now. You don't have to like it, but to say it's "not true to Heroes" is a superfluous statement.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 22 Sep 2005, 18:47

I like the fact that they ride lizards, it's definitely true to D+D. And, you really can't dictate what is true to the Heroes universe and what is not, because the Heroes universe is subject to change and if you didn't change it, King's Bounty would be same as all the others. Change can be good and bad, but this adds a little more diversity to the game as well, also paving the way for better ideas in the future.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 22 Sep 2005, 22:07

More diversity?. Two elven towns full of elves and dragons all around?. You may like it or not but diversity is not the word.

Furay
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Furay » 22 Sep 2005, 23:50

Well i agree that the riders look very small compared to the other troops. Also in RA Salvatores universe, the beholders play a very big role! I think they should be included in the line-up (or perhaps they are a neutral troop, as they never were really "aligned" with the drow, they just worked with each other on occasion),

Anyways, I really like the line-up, very cool, just make the lizard rider bigger!

Argonaut
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Argonaut » 23 Sep 2005, 00:01

I just check up the picture of the day (POTD) for 9/22/05 with the following captions:

"It's official: the Dungeon hero freaks me out. Too bad that some of the other creatures look like your local hooker. And I'm not talking about the 20-feet hydra here. "

When I opened up the picture to full screen, what I saw totally shocked me. I saw a topless lady in S&M outfit, equiped with a whip. To be blunt, I saw saggy breast, areole and nipples depicted in full details. Today is not April 1st, but this looks like some kind of a joke. Surely, this could not be the HOMM that I loved.

I have played Kings Bounty, and HOMM 1 to 4, including every expansion, and none of the pictures ever shown nudity of any kind. My family loved to play HOMM together with me. Now, with this nudity, it will not appropriate for any of my teenage kids to play HOMM with me. Anyone else in Celestial Heavens having the same concerns as me?

BTW, the nudity depicted is not even the classy or pretty type like those in playboy. Its the cheap and trashy type, and will only degrade the game instead of enhancing it. What do others think of the POTD?

boo8412
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boo8412 » 23 Sep 2005, 01:53

dungeon only has 1 flying unit.....why cant they make the cheesy dino riders maybe wyvren riders? I'm thinking they are over doing it with the dinosaurs being as the hero rides one also. Agreeing with Furay the riders are too small. Anyone thinking a wyvren rider would be the cure for dungeon?

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 23 Sep 2005, 02:26

My compliments to your eyesight, Argonaut, because I cannot for the life of me see what you just described. The Witch in the picture of the day is no less dressed than HoMM3's Pegasus or Pixie (and more dressed than the water elemental, who was topless, by the way). HoMM5 just has clearer graphics, so you see it better.

Yes, the elves on that picture are scantly clad, but not overdone. I've seen worse than that...

As for too many elves... Well, okay. Three-and-a-half (one comes with a cave lizard). Still less than the human town and they fill completely different niches.

Argonaut
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Argonaut » 23 Sep 2005, 02:55

Marelt, are we looking at the same witch???

In POTD, you have to open to full screen and look closely on the left to see her. You will actually see 2 witches. The witch standing near the hydra is in a skimpy bra, wielding 2 swords. I am not talking about this witch. There is a second witch, totally topless with big swollen nipples, holding an S&M style witch beside the green giant. That's the one!!!

BTW, I am ok with topless water elemental, pegasus or pixie as they are consider non humans. However, topless human heroes that the player identify as their alter ego is different, don't you think?

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 23 Sep 2005, 03:02

I was talking about the elven girl ON the pegasus (I don't care whether the horse itself is wearing pants or not...)

As for the pictures, I believe that's her top that you're looking at. This picture is zoomed out so it's a little unclear. Here's the concept art for the same creature (Shadow Witch):

http://guardiansgrove.com/images/homm5/ ... _witch.jpg

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 23 Sep 2005, 03:03

Or use this one... It's zoomed out.

http://guardiansgrove.com/images/homm5/ ... tch_lg.jpg

Return to “News”