Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Leprechaun

Unread postby karma » 26 Aug 2006, 05:25

Well, i tried it several times and i guess it works. It's a map that changes itself by using @Run(number_of_players) console command. HeroesV must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Screenshot - http://i8.tinypic.com/25kor5j.jpg.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 26 Aug 2006, 05:50

Godzilla is only a man in a costume!

No way! Godzilla is King of the Monsters. Sometimes puny actors pretend to be Godzilla so that his magnificence can be seen by all. Arrooo!
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DarkeN Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DarkeN Q » 26 Aug 2006, 11:26

It would be different if Nival at least gave us reasons for what they are doing, and the things they are removing from the series. But instead, they just tell us new features are coming soon, and then they tell us suddenly that old must-have features are getting trashed.

You need reasons/answers? Ask Ubisoft and Fabrice personally. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but today developers don't make decisions of their own, unless they're very indie.

And it's not like Old Boy was talking to a different crowd, we are all HOMM fans, aren't we?

I see where it's going. Does term "lost in translation" mean something to you? I think Old Boy's just being informal, since he's (probably) a good friend of Heroic Corner.
Edited on Sat, Aug 26 2006, 05:26 by DarkeN Q

Leprechaun

Unread postby karma » 26 Aug 2006, 13:24

More info about "random map" -

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/maps.php

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 27 Aug 2006, 03:12

King Imp wrote:
There are plans for major balance changes in Training, Necromancy and Gating, but it's too early to talk about that.

While Necromancy does need to be nerfed, what the hell is wrong with Gating and Training?

Jesus Christ, once again they are going to change and screw something up that never had a problem in the first place.

STOP TOUCHING THE STUFF THAT WORKS NIVAL!
I'm not sure but maybe Gating is getting some sort of a buff while Training is having its costs increased more so about all you can do on rich maps is train peasants to archers or similar.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Re: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope

Unread postby LindaG » 27 Aug 2006, 12:02

karma wrote:Well, i tried it several times and i guess it works. It's a map that changes itself by using @Run(number_of_players) console command. HeroesV must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Screenshot - http://i8.tinypic.com/25kor5j.jpg.
That looks really good. :)

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Re: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope

Unread postby LindaG » 27 Aug 2006, 12:03

Caradoc wrote:Godzilla is only a man in a costume!

No way! Godzilla is King of the Monsters. Sometimes puny actors pretend to be Godzilla so that his magnificence can be seen by all. Arrooo!
:D

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

When is the new patch coming?

Unread postby JessieLC » 27 Aug 2006, 23:50

Its all well and good about the whats, whys and wherefores...............I want to know the WHEN!!!!!!!!!! When is the Map Editor coming out? What Cheat Codes will be in Single player? Is the Map Editor free or part of the planned Expansion Pack that we will have to purchase? Its almost the end of August and there has not been any word from Nival or ubisoft or anyone............I miss the forum from New World when we had real people to chat with and discuss things with............we can bat about changes in the game all we want, but if you don't Modd it won't make a difference and if there is no Map Editor the game will not have the following that the previous versions did.............that being said, if theMap Editor is not easy to use or doesnot work correctly???????............This HOMM series of games was unique in that normal everyday guys or girls could make maps...........you did not have to have great programming skills to do it........This helped the games story-line to become a very talked about, argued over, debated thing that led to Paperbacks and other things.............I miss the Astral Wizard!!!!!!!!!!! :S

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 06:17

good call Jessie .... and i reckon you might be right alamar, training can be crazy with a good cash map, and inferno are probably a bit down
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

geekman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby geekman » 29 Aug 2006, 03:35

It takes a month to make one little character model? That is pure bull. There's no way in "you-know-where" it could take that long. Otherwise it would have taken at least 5-6 years to make this game. I have been getting very annoyed with the "female" heroes only looking like women in their portraits, and not on the battlefield. Nival's just too lazy to do it. Same goes for why each race only gets one hero class, whille Heroes III and IV had one might hereo and one magic hero per town, except for Heroes IV's Stronghold.

How is Gating overpowered? Unless you have Urgash's call, it takes a long time for gated stacks to appear. And I'd know; it took me forever to beat the Inferno campaign, and those gated stacks come way too late in the battle. The description for "Swift Gating" also needs to be changed. I found it misleading: I took it to mean the gated stacks would show up sooner, not tha twhen a creature uses Gating, it counts as a "wait" action, instead of taking up their full turn.

If "Hero mode" is too easy for you, don't save at all? What the **** kind of lame-***answer is that?! That answer shows nothing but disrespect for Heroes players!

And no news about bug fixes or legitimate balance changes. Great. I'm not buying any Ubisoft or Nival products, including the upcoming HeroesV expansion and Dark Messiah, until this game is well and truly fixed. Maybe they'll get the message once they start losing money. It seems to be the only thing that gets a company's attention anymore.........

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 03:42

it may be that they feel that gating (or the inferno faction as a whole) is underpowered rather then overpowered, do the balancing there might be to increase it's effect, but it doesn't state which way they will balance inferno, one should be able to safely assume necro and training will be balanced to decrease the effects
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “News”