Game Convention Video, Part 2

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 13 Sep 2005, 18:55

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1126628199

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 13 Sep 2005, 18:55

I just wait it more and moreover, I cant wait this new video was beatiful really tactic and really hard battle in there.

I only dont understand thar the omperial griffins so strong , stronger than any demon creature in this new battle because of the battle dive. I think the special attacks of the creature can be use just once in a battle.

And I see that the pit fiends are really strong and tats demon creature dont upradged up too.

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 13 Sep 2005, 18:56

Sorry,

I only dont understand that why the imperial griffins so strong.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 Sep 2005, 19:37

There is a 100 MB version of the movie on IGN (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/736/736187/vids_1.html) for subscribers only. Blah.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 14 Sep 2005, 01:03

The griffins special attack grants them extra attack power, but if there isn't anyone in the line of the attack, it misses. It's a tradeoff, per say, but I probably won't use it much.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 14 Sep 2005, 02:17

I think the Griffin's dive attack is primarily useful against shooters, since it forces the opponent to either move them (and probably waste their turn) or suffer the consequences. And even more, if the opponent doesn't know the square you've targeted and has several stacks of shooters, it could cause quite some indecision--does he move a stack to save it? But which one?
- Fnord

fidanas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fidanas » 14 Sep 2005, 08:03

Wow...i mean...WOW!!!

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 14 Sep 2005, 08:03

I feel there can be balance problems with the griffin dive attack and the holy charge ability of the hero. If it works like it's mentioned the opponent has nothing to target and suffers free damage. I suppose it has to be adjusted by initiative bonuses allowing the stack to attack before the griffin can do the battle dive again. Anyway the videos are excellent, this version has the potential to be the best of the series really:).

Monastor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monastor » 14 Sep 2005, 18:21

I've got a question... When I watch the video, I see some graphical errors (the animation is not fluent and the rocks are literally cut when the hero moves fast... especially between the 17th and the 20th second of the second video from Leipzig)...

Is it a matter of file or the demo worked like this?
Monastor of the Ice Chambers of Might and Magic

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 14 Sep 2005, 18:59

I dont understand now still the griffins special attaack in the second video there is none enemy in the attack line of the girffins.

I didn t see any errors or mistakes in graoóphics its really beatiful I think.

I am really interested now about a video which contain informations about the cities, and building.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Sep 2005, 20:10

Monastor: there are still several months left before the game ships, so there are rough corners in all areas -- the beta testers will likely notice it during the following weeks.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 15 Sep 2005, 18:20

Been away awhile, and was very dubious about the new Heroes game coming out, but after seeing this demo I think they've kept the spirit of the battle aspect fairly true. While I'm still a fan of heroes on the battlefield, I think I can live with the compromise they've chosen (the holy charge).

The only problem is I'll have to buy a whole new computer to play the game!
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 15 Sep 2005, 19:01

Yeah, like Angelspit said, they probably minimized the graphics to the bare necessities for slow computers and the fact that it's just a video.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Nateo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nateo » 19 Sep 2005, 01:17

Did any one else see that when your hero levels up that there are two things to chouse from: Skill and Abilities.

With skill being things like: counterstrike, light magic, summoning magic, and logistics and abilities like the following: recruitment, diplomacy and pathfinding. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this or not, but I just thought it was interesting.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 27 Sep 2005, 08:59

Did you see what was writen at the end of the video? Winter 2006!!! I tought the game will be released in spring next year!!!!!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

neroir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby neroir » 27 Sep 2005, 11:50

Play.com has March/1/2006 as the release date for the game. March/1 is winter 2006 :P. Don't confuse winter with Christmas ;)

Return to “News”