HOMMV Stolen Alpha!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 10 Sep 2005, 19:40

Sorry, but being poor does not justify stealing, as far as I'm concerned.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 11 Sep 2005, 02:43

I disagree, to a point.

It all depends on WHAT you are stealing, and how poor you are. If you are so poor you cannot afford to even eat, AND it is not your fault (you cannot work because you are cripple) then yeah, stealing food is necessary. But not stealing a game because you cant "afford" to buy it legally.

=)

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 11 Sep 2005, 11:27

Well, Buka's copies of Heroes IV all had different CD keys and StarForce protection, so I'm confident about their legitimacy. :) Anyway, Buka is the official publisher. Also worth mentioning is Softclub's localized licensed version of Warcraft III (again, with unique CD keys all valid on Battle.net), available for the same $5.

grimogre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby grimogre » 11 Sep 2005, 17:48

I'm chopping at the bit,thinking about playing Heroes V.It will easily be thousands of times better than a lousy stolen demo.If Heroes V is successful,there will be expansions to look forward to.I am hoping Heroes 5 is the most successful of the series.I am looking forward to going into Walmart and buying Heroes 5.

ChaoticCoyote
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ChaoticCoyote » 14 Sep 2005, 05:20

I found a copy of this via a BitTorrent (so it didn't cost anything.) The game is vastly incomplete, having only one side, a lot of missing or temporary graphics, and an obviously suboptimal engine.

Still, I goofed with it for a couple of hours, and it improved my opinion of Heroes V immensely. I won't say much since it's supposed to be a secret, but I can say, as a long-time Heroes fan: I liked what I saw. If this is an Alpha, I can;t wait to see the real thing (which I will, as always buy here in the U.S.)

Good stuff, Nival. I've seen finished products (Dungeon Lords, anyone?) that were much worse than your alpha!

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 15 Sep 2005, 12:45

ChaoticCoyote, check your inbox...
A cat is fine too...

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 16 Sep 2005, 10:18

The Equilibris site has published a scan of the cover:

http://www.equilibris.celestialheavens. ... -alpha.jpg
A cat is fine too...

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blueman » 20 Sep 2005, 11:33

ChaoticCoyote, I also played with it for a couple of hours, but I'm not impressed at all. You could see even Homm3 stat screens...I have deleted this version and I will wait for the final (hopefully bug free and much enhanced) version. I hope the 128 MB video will be required only if you want to see all the animations (32MB is all I have now) - they should have options to turn off everything "nice"

Return to “News”