More Multiplayer Info

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 23 Aug 2005, 11:08

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1124753833

Gyx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gyx » 23 Aug 2005, 11:08

That's definitely something to be excited about! I loved the Hotseat mode in Heroes III and was disappointed not to find it in Heroes IV. However, the addition of the ghost mode looks promising. It gives you plenty to do while waiting for the other player to finish their turn. I anxiously await the release of Heroes V! Although, as of yet, I haven't decided about participating in Beta test. What do you reckon? Does it spoil the fun, by being confronted with bugs & errors?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Aug 2005, 11:35

There is hotseat in H4! I have played it sometimes with my friend.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

lord_crusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lord_crusader » 23 Aug 2005, 16:38

Yeap Heroes IV has hotseat too... but hey angelspit that link didn't work :( I can't download the video
yay :)

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 23 Aug 2005, 18:22

To do hotseat in IV, select a map in New scenario. Then when you are picking your alignment and color, check the other boxes to add more players. To do this, the map has to have the right amount of human players though.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 23 Aug 2005, 19:20

About ghost mode. Will you have plenty of time to move your ghosts?, I mean if you don't move your ghotst will your enemy have to wait for you to do it in order to finish his turn?, (this would be bad because it could even make turns las for longer). Otherwise, if it's not made this way you will have to hurry to move your ghots as soon as possible, (bad because it will look as real time). Well I guess it won't be so bad, but I don't know if I will play that way much.

About the video, the link is no more, it's been removed. Fabrice has told that they will make a nice good voiced video like the post E3 ones.

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blueman » 25 Aug 2005, 14:12

I hope that Ubisoft will also provide an animation speed-up option. After all, they want to speed-up the game and the battle animation is really slow. Creature movement and retaliation graphic is good, but the player should be able to choose whether he wants to see all details or just fight...

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 25 Aug 2005, 19:47

I agree with Vtirr, no ghost mode for me. If the animations take long, I may speed them up if they have that option. Silmultaneous turns sounds intersting, i'll reserve my judgement on that for now. Hotseat is always handy, duel mode, i'm not sure. We'll have to see.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”