Of 1.3 and Maps

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby Sikon » 25 Jul 2006, 02:31

Nival developer "Folklein" has <a href="/http://forums.nival.com/rus/showthread. ... nfirmed</a> on the Russian forum that the Heroes V patch 1.3 will include the map editor. It will be released sufficiently soon™ to make proposals about an intermediate mini-patch between 1.2 and 1.3 implausible.

He also said that Nival mapmakers are not loafing and everything secret will be revealed soon™.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1153794701

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 25 Jul 2006, 02:43

Do you think you or someone could translate what that page says for those of us who can't read it :)

They aren't loafing? Then why are they wearing their loafers!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 25 Jul 2006, 04:47

Thanks Sikon. Even though I can't read Russian, this news is very encouraging. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby soupnazii » 25 Jul 2006, 05:05

great. i still have some hope left in them that they can get the patch in by their own set deadline, but im still not getting my hopes too high up...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Jul 2006, 05:56

Still encouraging, still some hope left? Didnt we say that about the release of H5 and the two previous patches? Yeah look now how much of the spirit remained in the so called "finished" game and its patches, if there are something great in a patch, like duel mode in 1.2 then we get quite a few bugs along with it. But yeah we could always hope, cant we? They better clean up the game with better patches until the expansion arrive, or it would be complicated to sort out both the exp and the originals faults imo.

Nice news anyway, wishing for a better future for H5 :)

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby King Imp » 25 Jul 2006, 07:22

After two subpar patches, I have a hard time getting excited by this news. Guaranteed they'll find a way to screw something else up with this patch.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby dragonn » 25 Jul 2006, 09:48

This game has some of the most messed-up patches I have ever seen. Usually a patch was something good, that made the game a lot better. But with idiots like those from Nival the game is getting worse. How can they be so irresponsible!

It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't about Heroes...

PS: I just hope they will make something like an all-in-one patch because with so many patches it will be nuisance to install all of them...
Edited on Tue, Jul 25 2006, 03:50 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby GatorG » 25 Jul 2006, 11:32

I can't believe you naysayers...it says all secrets will be revealed soon...lol. G (-:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 25 Jul 2006, 11:50

They are keeping secrets! Get the comfy chair, some soft cushions and... and... THE RACK!
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby addicted » 25 Jul 2006, 13:11

LordErtz at 2006-07-24 20:43 wrote:

Do you think you or someone could translate what that page says for those of us who can't read it :)

Ok, LordErtz, I Used a translator (http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/u ... lator.html),

This is what I was able to get a few post to read in english; below is Folklein's 2 posts from what the translator showed.

Folklein wrote:

Quote:

Ok, I will write also into this theme. Believe, they attentively read you. Our answers to the most different questions, it is possible to give in the theme “dialogue with the developers”. to on- occasion of maps - be collected somewhat patience - into 1.3 will have to appear editor. But [mep]- designers [Nivala] itself also do not sit without the matter, believe, and soon entire secret will become explicit. Unquote:

----------------------------

Quote:

Quotation:

Communication from kvdp to Folklein

there will be mini [apdeyt] of [patcha] 1.2 for the correction ONLY OF BALANCE? (1.2.1 or 1.2[a])

(Folklein replied:)

It is highly improbable. [Patch] 1.3 already soon. I will be repeated: the basic purpose of [patcha] 1.2 to make [multipleer] more stable - this was possible. Basic chip of [patcha] 1.3- the editor of maps. [Estesvenno] will be introduced minor corrections.

Unquote:
Edited on Tue, Jul 25 2006, 07:14 by addicted
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby VortexD » 25 Jul 2006, 13:48

Thanks for the translation, so if I understand his. They will not realease a patch (v1.2.1...) to fix the balance issues with v1.2 because v1.3 should be out soon (ahum...) and that the v1.3 patch WILL contain the map editor and the balance fixes and some more bug fixes. And next to this there should be a secret that will be revealed, or that secret is the release date for the patch.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

ultima_squall
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby ultima_squall » 25 Jul 2006, 14:46

Wonder if 1.3 will also include a random map generator like the one in Heroes 3

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 25 Jul 2006, 14:53

ultima_squall wrote:Wonder if 1.3 will also include a random map generator like the one in Heroes 3
The RMG in Heroes 3 was added with the AB expansion, not a patch.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 25 Jul 2006, 15:28

Why is "It will be released sufficiently soon" trademarked?
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jul 2006, 15:35

It's an old joke from the days of the 3DO Community.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby Sikon » 25 Jul 2006, 16:01

And now, a non-automatic translation, I hope it will make more sense :).

{Folklein} Okay, I'll write in this thread too. Believe me, they read your posts attentively. Our answers for various questions can be read in the "Dialogue with the developers" thread. Considering maps: have a little more patience - 1.3 should include the editor. Also, Nival's own map designers aren't loafing either, believe me, and soon everything secret will be revealed :).

{kvdp} to Folklein: Will there be a mini-update of the 1.2 patch to fix THE BALANCE ONLY? (1.2.1 or 1.2a)

{Folklein} Unlikely. Patch 1.3 is due soon. I repeat: the main goal of 1.2 was to make multiplayer more stable - and it was achieved. The main feature of 1.3 is the map editor. Of course, minor fixes will also be introduced.
Edited on Tue, Jul 25 2006, 10:02 by Sikon

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 25 Jul 2006, 18:16

Thanks addicted and sikon for the translations.

One thing is scary....

No patch to fix 1.2

Patch 1.3 focuses on map editor

MINOR fixes?

When can we expect MAJOR fixes from 1.0, 1.1, 1.2????

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby Caradoc » 25 Jul 2006, 21:39

QD, I seriously doubt there will be a random map generator any time soon, if ever. Gus Smerstedt was the genius behind the Heroes III RMG and he made a presentation on what goes into one. It looks like a lot of work and a major test effort. If Nival does one, I think we can be sure it will be in a supplement, not a patch.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby VortexD » 26 Jul 2006, 00:22

You're right Caradoc, with a mapeditor we can simply use common sense and knowledge of gameplay mechanics to make the map. Writing a program that can do that is difficult if not at least time consuming. If Nival could ever manage that it would either be in an expansion or sequal. I'm just keeping my hopes up for a decent map editor.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Of 1.3 and Maps

Unread postby JessieLC » 26 Jul 2006, 01:18

Caradoc.........Gus did an amazing job with that Random Map Generator.....but it was the Map Editor that truly kept the previous releases of HOMM alive......and they also found some really good Map Makers that had their creations put in on an Expansion of i believe HOMM 3?????Anyway i just hope they have a pathway to link maps in a Campaign!!!!The story is what makes a good map replayable time after time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “News”