Inferno and Haven Info

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Brandaan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Brandaan » 13 Aug 2005, 20:04

Nobody can deduce from the menu what this dish will exactly taste like until one tries. Experience first, then truly judge based on that.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 Aug 2005, 20:42

Yeah, surely. All of us will taste it, but what smells like fish, usually, it tastes like fish. This game has the very strong smell of a H3-clone. With just a little brain and with reduced narrow-mindness, anybody could accept this fact.

Surprizes are always possible, and there is a slight chance that this game will be a good one, but it is hard to believe that, H5 will introduce any groundbreaking innovations. Some of us, want to see new, interresting and smart features in a game, otherwise it isn't worth our time.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 13 Aug 2005, 21:47

Ok, I get it Wildbear, but I'm just saying, this game is probably not going to meet your ideals. I'm just going to end this topic right now. All of us H3 fans are just annoyed about you talking about H5 that way, and all of you hard-core gamers are annoyed that, so far, h5 looks like H3 wearing a wig. We've all kinda been dodging each other's bullets up 'till now. I understand that you guys are dissapointed, not only for the gameplay info so far, and for the system requirements. You did provide great arguments, your points were true, but you just kinda touched a darkside that made most of us that didn't mind not want to give up the fight. Now let's just knock this off, or soon we're gonna have a website where half of the members hate the other half, for no reason other than HOMM gameplay views.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 13 Aug 2005, 23:58

Why would you be annoyed of people telling H5 is like H3 if you're an H3 fan? And why do the H3 fans defend the game more than others telling it isn't like H3 at all?

The question is why don't you want more than H3 in that game? We aren't asking them to remove any H3-like element, but to improve all of the aspects of the game instead of sticking with H3 for many of the core elements we've seen, and upgrading the rest. There is really nothing you should be annoyed about, there's no problem with H3, it's been a good game, but a new game has to be innovative on more than several battle elements and graphics.

I can't see why "half" of the people on this site feel like they must disagree with that.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 14 Aug 2005, 02:07

And why would there be hate? I sure don't feel like hating people just because they disagree on me on this issue. And I hope CloudriderX and others won't feel the need for hate in this either.

I'm certainly not going to "knock it off" as long as I still care about HoMM and don't like the way it's going.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

dfrosty1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dfrosty1 » 14 Aug 2005, 02:58

All I want is a H3 clone... in fact, I'll buy 3 copies... that way the developers won't lose any sleep over the fact Wildbear & Ethric isn't going to buy it.

midnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby midnight » 14 Aug 2005, 04:05

Balance in gameplay is #1 to me, and glad that Ubi is taking a long time in its testing phase and will have Beta testing. Lets talk about the strategic consequences of H5 choices...

Names of creatures are interesting, but irrelevant to me. Even creature skills novelty will wear off. Name them after my grandmas pet cats if you want.

Brandaan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Brandaan » 14 Aug 2005, 09:21

Veldrynus wrote:

Yeah, surely. All of us will taste it, but what smells like fish, usually, it tastes like fish. This game has the very strong smell of a H3-clone. With just a little brain and with reduced narrow-mindness, anybody could accept this fact.

You only read the menu. From that narrowness you've constructed a certain smell. This presumption becomes truth for you. H5 smells like H3. But to call this a fact is delusionary.

I will wait until the complete dish is in front of me to judge on taste or smell.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 14 Aug 2005, 10:01

If you were standing on the rails and the train headed for you, would you wait and see whether it would stop or not or would you walk of just in case?

If the menu served a dish you have never liked your whole life would you still order it? Or would you get something else?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Brandaan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Brandaan » 14 Aug 2005, 11:07

I'll answer your rhetorical questions:

Step aside when a train comes at you.

Don't order a dish you do not like.

Based on all factual data you can make a sound and wise decision. Assumptions remain what they are until compared with reality.

MuadDib
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MuadDib » 14 Aug 2005, 15:53

"I find it rather odd that MuadDib here doesn't seem to concerned about the arguement..."

I'd rather have a sound debate and know what people think, than everyone rumbling their thoughts on their own. Heroes player are litterate persons, and detail their arguments (generally) - much more interesting than "this suxx" or "this roxx" kind of things.

Another point, we had one very negative player from the french community participate in very early testing a few weeks ago. He came back enthusiastic and completely modified his votes on the "features" he couldnt even stand reading about. That gives me some confidence :)

HMMFan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HMMFan » 14 Aug 2005, 17:20

Hmmm..Did MuadDib just release information that alpha stage testing has begun?

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 14 Aug 2005, 19:08

Us H3 fans are'nt annoyed, you just make it sound like an H3 clone is a bad thing that's all. And the half of the website hate thing was just a ' come on, let's talk about something else' sort of line. I didn't really mean that the fans on this site were all that immature to hate each other over homm. It's called an e x p r e s s i o n. I just think we should move onto another topic. And the asnwer to your question.....I can't give you. All of us H3 fans have their own reasons, and I refuse to speak for them. But I'll tell you mine. Whoever said I didn't want more than just H3 features in H5? I would love to see caravans, weekly updates, all those multi-layered whatchamacallits magic system you mentioned, but I'm not expecting that out of Ubisoft right away. Now if they kept the game relatively the same for H6, then i would be complaining.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 14 Aug 2005, 20:27

So CRX, you're happy to have H5 like H3 but would be disappointed if H6 was like H5. We are just disappointed one game earlier than you.

Question: If H5 was similar to H4 in as many ways as it is to H3, would you be disappointed knowing that everything was balanced and the AI was top notch?

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 14 Aug 2005, 20:37

What?! the Heroes 5 Producer quoted my Post...Im honored :)

I agree though yes, nothing wrong with some healthy discussion. Its having people like Ethric and Wildbear in the community that actually voice a good honest opinion that I know will make this game work. Obviously your opinions are not going unnoticed :) And its good news reading about a French Fan who was in the same position and had the same views as Ethric and Wildbear, that got a chance to play and test the game, only to come out with a new and positive opinion about it. That does indeed bring hope :)

But again, as for me, I will just sit back and enjoy the ride while its still here, and wait for more info to be revealed in time. I just dont feel right making assumtions on the game at this point in development, when I havn't even played it myself. (hint hint! you could sent me over a coopy of that 'alpha' so I could try it out Fabrice :)

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 14 Aug 2005, 20:51

Yeah, I don't mind Ubisoft making a game like H3. But remember, this is Ubisoft picking up from where 3do left off. If 3do didn't go out of business, i would sure as hell like to see some changes and new features in H5. But as Sir Charles said, they have to form a base on which to work upon. Don't worry guys. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed when the game comes out. ;)

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 14 Aug 2005, 20:59

Answer to 2nd question: No. As I said before- I would love to see any extra features from H4. Caravans, the magic system (was great but could use some balancing), many cool monsters(new and old), and the huge battlefield, and even heroes in battle. But instead of monster trees and upgrading, maybe they could combine the idea to form upgrade trees. Like, you would always get the Archer for a base monster, but you could upg it into either a Ranger(which had it's own strengths and weaknesses) or upg it into the Marksman(which was different from the Ranger). This would revolutionize the way the game was played. But I don't expect that for this game. And a great AI would be fantastic, as H4 AI was a little bit lacking, but I really saw no difference. In simple terms, I'm not an H3 fanatic, I just like it and don't mind another game like it, with at least a few improvements of course.

Return to “News”