Inferno and Haven Info

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
MuadDib
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MuadDib » 12 Aug 2005, 15:12

I think this comment thread is turning into a forum of its own ! :)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 12 Aug 2005, 15:16

Sir Charles wrote:

"Quit being so darned pessimistic and give the developers a chance. Sheesh!"

So if I, based on the information I have, think the game should be done differently, I should not voice my opinions but rather sit back and hope it miracolously turns out ok afterall? Right... well I'm sure it would be very convinent for all you who like the way it looks if those of us who disagreed shut our mouths or went away, but it's not going to happen.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

harry1975
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby harry1975 » 12 Aug 2005, 15:28

If H5 is very similar to H3(H4)... H5 is H3(H4) Clone...

If H5 mixes H3+H4 very harmoniously?... H5 is H3+H4 Clone...

Nival's own creative addition and decision will rescue this game from a deep hollow of Clone...

Fabrice will smile and keep his secrets(spell... skill... etc) about this game while we argue about needless 'Clone controversy'...

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 12 Aug 2005, 15:41

Ethric, Sir Charles was just saying that there's no need to be pesimistic about things we don't really know about. Reading some of you it looks like there are plenty of confirmed facts to be pesimistic about so why to worry about the not confirmed? :P.

I doubt that he meant that you just have to shut up and not voice your opinion.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 12 Aug 2005, 16:04

Jesus Christ, you guys argue alot! Who cares if it's a H3 clone? As Sir Charles said, H3 still is the most successful Heroes game so far. While many of us prefer elements from H2 and H4, H3 had the best COLLECTION of elements. Sure, H4 improved the way the series was played, but the game itself was lacking. Doesn't it make sense to take elements from, not in anyone's opinion, the BEST heroes game so far, according to it's successfulness? Maybe all you H4 fans will be happier later. If this game goes well, maybe they will reinstate some of those loved but forgotten features in Heroes 6. So, you guys have something to look forward too. As for the names, oh well. Some of them sound funny, but you're not going to hate the game just because the names are funny. Just call them what you want. And, uh, Wildbear, for all the fuss you're making I still fail to see your main point, so I'll guess.

You keep accusing H5 as being an H3 clone, so I presume you hate H3.

And as for your wants for H5, stop hoping, because I doubt that at least half of those will make it into this game. And if they do, whoopdy-doo; that means it will be even harder to think of new things to make the sequels just as appealing as the earlier versions.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 12 Aug 2005, 18:09

H3 being the best game in the serie so far... that probably makes talking with people giving such arguments completely useless.

And I'm not accusing H5 of being a clone of H3 because I "don't like H3" but because I want a game with a gameplay that is not 7 or 8 years old.

And to those who think we shouldn't be pessimistic, try to understand you can't be pessimistic about things you know for sure. Yes, we are pessimistic and the reason is exactly that we know little about it and what we know make us feel that way.

Now no matter what will be in the game, if the first contact with it makes a majority of people think it's an H3 clone (and that first contact will be the demo which is more likely to include most of the H3-like features), then it will be told as a clone and will be given little chance by many players and reviewers.
Image Spiritu Insanum

HMMFan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HMMFan » 12 Aug 2005, 18:26

An interesting question is how you will react IF the game is basically a remake of H3 AND is very successful? That scenario is very possible for H5 because we already know that it will be closer to H3 than H4. So, all that is left is whether it will be successful. Based upon past performance of H3, there is at least a very decent chance that H5 will be very successful.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 12 Aug 2005, 18:29

I will just drop it, I already played H3.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 12 Aug 2005, 21:35

Oh God, I have to vomit.

7 creatures, each with one upgrade. You know, I can remember a game wich had a very similar creature line-up. With mostly all, new (and sometimes great ) H4 features discarded, we can summarize it : H5 will be a simple 3D version of H3.

One thing is sure, I wont buy this game. I would rather play the good, old, original H3, than its' new 3D clone. At least, I don't need a watch those ugly polygons, wich do require a 500+ € videocard for the minimal graphical quality. But this is only me, coz people will buy this game. It is "new", and in 3D, has the name Heroes of Might and Magic on it. Good for profits, so nothing to worry about.

Succubus Favorite ? Muwahahaha! Pathetic...

Good job, and Thank You Ubisoft ! :(

How about an RTS Heroes 6 ? I bet this idea, isn't completly new to you.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 12 Aug 2005, 21:53

Ok, all you anti-H5 heroes fans, can you just...like....stop posting? I've heard enough from Wildbear in his 11 half-page long posts about how bad this game's gonna be. What you want obviously isn't gonna happen, unless you think if you scream enough Ubisoft will change the game just for you two or three unhappy people, out of all the patient fans out there. You're totally ruining this. You're right! What's the point of buying this game? It's obviously not worth playing. I'll just keep on playing heroes 4 until they come out with Heroes 6, in 3 frickin years! And why are you so bothery about the new 3d graphics? If they weren't making it 3d, you would all be going... "Geez! This is the 21st Century! They can't even make it 3d? Oh, god! This game is gonna suck!" You see? Either way, Ubisoft loses. So lay off. Their picking up from a game series with two different worlds and three different gameplays. Their only picking what they thought the fans liked best, which is H3. The truth hurts. I know some of you just want to get your opinion in, and that's fine, but I hate people who harp on things.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 12 Aug 2005, 22:14

A description of the Haven creatures are now on the official site.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 12 Aug 2005, 22:20

LOL. Wow, this is getting downright silly looking at how long this thread is. hehe.

Okay, last comment...I swear.

In response to Ethric thinking I don't want any negative comments posted.....No, of course its not a bad thing to complain. We want BOTH sides of every argument here of course. My problem is this statement of H3 Clone. Only that. Because it is a sweeping indictment of the entire game. If people have complaints with a specific feature, speak up. If you dislike the game in it's entirety....say so. But when you don't get a few features you were wanting from h4, don't automatically say the ENTIRE game is an h3 clone. Because it's simply NOT. THAT is my problem with this topic. So please, gripe all you guys want to about specifics....SPECIFICS. Not these vague, damaging comments that will most certainly turn players (who HAVEN'T made up their minds concerning the game) away in a heartbeat. The only thing I'm asking for is that these people who keep calling h5 an h3 clone simply keep an open mind and not make rash decisions based on fragmented information.

*hopes he's made his point crystal clear for once*

~reposted from Ubisoft forums...where I seemed to have gotten into it yet again...sheesh~
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 12 Aug 2005, 22:36

We have the forums for specific features, and we debated about so many possibilities that about everything here has already been covered and telling once again why a-feature is bad is extremely boring. But we'll do in time, we already began about some of them and will continue, this is just not the place to do that.

@CloudRiderX: read again, who said 3d was important? Sir Charles did say this made the game different, I answered it wouldn't change anything to the game, and Vel only pointed that a 3D version would make it just more expensive to play (to all those playing at work with no 3d card in the box, bye bye lol). So overall, we all agree 3d won't affect the gameplay.

Last but not least, I don't say the game will be bad, I say it won't be interesting enough for me to play it. I played H2, H3 and H4 for years (H1 only a few times before, I had no computer then) and I stopped playing them as much as I did because I already experienced pretty much everything in all of them, so I won't buy and play a game that is just a barely enhanced version of one of them because I want to play something new, not because it would be "bad".
Image Spiritu Insanum

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Aug 2005, 00:23

Well said Wildbear.

And Charles, specific gripes has been mentioned here on this very page many times, by me and others.

I don't doubt the game could be good in itself, and a commercial success as well, but there's to many things I'd like to see differently. I will play it though. And then I will gripe and moan about it, here and elsewhere ;-)
- Duke

harry1975
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby harry1975 » 13 Aug 2005, 04:34

Very funny...

UNDOUBTEDLY... Ethric and Wildbear know the game immediately...

if not... how do they comment on 'Clone' this time?...

yes... You guys know very well about this game... So... Please tell me this game's overall system... I will learn them happily...

harry1975
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby harry1975 » 13 Aug 2005, 04:51

Wildbear... Your decision(Not-Buying) is determined... Then... One question... Why do you enter this site?

You see 'H3 Clone' in this game... You will not buy this game... You will never konw all elements about H5 justly... But your 'H5 demotion'(H3 Clone?) is endless... Why do you enter this site?...

and Ethric... Thanks to your buying decision... and... please this game some more chances... You know... they did not reveal all of new factions... Trail path and Dynamic mode are all of new factions?... I don't think so...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Aug 2005, 08:17

"I see promising, good even, features from H4 scrapped, and annoying aspects of H3 brought back. Therefore, I call it a H3 clone. Even though the word "clone" refers to an exact duplication which this is not. But it should be obvious to anyone that the word "clone" is here used for emphasis, not for absolute correctness."

This I wrote about halfway up the page. I will proceed to copy-paste it every time someone falls all over themselves from the use of the word "clone".
- Duke

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 13 Aug 2005, 09:25

Wow, this is turnning into a forum on its own indeed :)

Though I like what I see so far, Im going to wait a little longer untill more of the factions are announced to start commenting on the game much. I agree somewhat with both Ethric and Wildbear, but not to the extent they have gone. Im just happy, as a player of all the Heroes games, that someone is actually 'continuing' the series. Ever since I heard the announcment of a new Heroes game, I knew right away that I was goign to get it, no matter what it was like :) Im hoping of corse for everything to work out for all of the fans, but that will never happen obviously. You always have some who are 'for' and some who are 'against', thats just the way it is. This topic/forum :) seems to be half and half at the moment, which doesn't look to promising for UBI at all :(

I find it rather odd that MuadDib here doesn't seem to concerned about the arguement...He is waiting to reveal something big..I know it! :)

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 13 Aug 2005, 12:51

What I would like to know (from both sides in this argument) is how a general comparison of all features in H3/H4/H5 at all relates to the specific topic of the news item- specifically the roster of creatures for two factions?

Back to that topic- I think the horned demon should be named simply demon, and the upgrade renamed back to Balor. (or vice-versa. I do not know if a Balor is supposed to be strong or weak- heck, I don't even know the mythologyu of where it comes from- whether real or Ubi-created)

Overall, I like the looks of the creatures. I do like the warhammer for the cleric/inquisitor. There have been very few melee weapons seen in heroes other than knife/sword/club. I think more variety will make things look better. That's one thing I liked about the pit fienf/lord in H3- the whip was a unique weapon among all the creatures.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 13 Aug 2005, 13:36

@harry1975: we wrote several times that the "H3-clone" feeling was based upon what we've seen so far, not what we "think" about what could be in the game.

And my decision won't be determined before I play the demo, but since the demo will have those two towns the probability that I drop H5 (read H5, not the other ones, this is not an H5 site) is very high. Oh, and... hmm... you... err... should... hmm... ok?

@Qurqirish Dragon: the news confirming more of H3-like features being back in the game, we commented that too.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Return to “News”