Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Jul 2006, 13:12

Fabrice Cambounet <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... >announced on the official forum</a> that patch 1.2 will be released tomorrow. The multiplayer desynchronisation debug is the reason why there was a delay. I'll quote him on the content of the new patch: <i>"This patch brings a lot of new features into the game, and even more debug, beyond MP : you get the hall of fame, hotseat duel, a reworked battle result screen... Two MP maps are being added, more will be delivered in further patches."</i>

You will be able to pick up the patch using one of the mirrors that will be provided tomorrow or use the upgradelauncher application that came with patch 1.1. Also, a few notes about 1.3 and the map editor: <i>"This third patch will greatly improve the duel mode. The map editor is also getting ready, we had an extensive round of feedback done."</i> Come back tomorrow as we will recommend good download sources for the patch.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1153314775
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 19 Jul 2006, 13:19

yaya sweet this is great.

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby stijn » 19 Jul 2006, 13:29

is this correct?
Changes for patch 1.2
================================

Some changes will take effect only after restarting map in saved campaign.

New elements:
- Extended descriptions of buildings on maps.
- Melee attack done with holding CTRL button.
- Added fast access button (R) to recruitment window, accessible from every part of city interface.
- All units have new status (Range), desribing distance, where attack is decreased by 50%.
- New graphic option: Camera Mode.
- New interface for finishing battle.
- Duel mode for Hot Seat.
- High Score.
- New maps: "Last Hope" and "War of the worlds".

Bug fixes:

- Multiplayer should work correctly.
- Game shouldn't crash to desktop after multiple use of Alt+Tab.
- Mistakes in texts have been corrected (descriptions, targets, etc.)
- Maps: "Conquest", "Attack", "Invasion", "Cultists", "Triumvirate", "Resistance", "Island to Rule" have been balanced.
- AI can no longer hire heroes on "Fall of the king" map.
- On the map "Fall of the king" area, being a target of "Send Godric to Nikolai" quest, has been increased.
- On the map "Cultists" quest "Capture a town within a week" no longer dissappears from the list aften it is completed.
- On the map "Temptation" if enemy Wizard patrolling river will be killed, then quest "Evade enemy patrols" will not be automatically completed.
- One of the quests on the map "Refugees" has been fixed.
- On the map "Dragon Pass" quest "Defeat all" has been described better.
- On the map "Triumvirate" after battle between Zehir and Markal you no longer get message "You lost".
- On the map "The March" hero Grawl can now visit red keymaster's tent.
- On the map "Liberation" AI can no longer hire Narxes.
- On the map "Alliance" using spell Instant Travel will no longer cause script errors.
- On the map "The Diplomat" loosing Fast Battle with AI will result in lost mission.
- On the map "Maahir's Trick" AI can no longer get any artifacts that are necessary to finish the mission.
- On the map "Refugees" potential problem with finishing main task has been fixed.
- On the map "Raelag's Offer" game does not crash anymore when Isabel or Markal loose battle with neutrals.
- Map "Emerald Dragons" can be now finished after loading save game.
- On the map "Refugees" potential problem with acquiring Dragontooth Necklace has been fixed.
- Black Dragons can now be healed by first aid tents.
- Model of Shadia has been fixed.
- After using Gating clone will no longer be normal creature.
- Wrong text of "Rumours" interface has been fixed.
- Game now refreshes list of sessions in the lobby if any player leaves the session.
- Unreachable Stone of Knowlege on the map "Land of exiles" has been fixed.
- Not activated dialog scene in "Tear for Ossir" map has been fixed.
- Mages and Archmages now use their shooting ability correctly.
- Gating now works for single Horned Overseer.
- Initiative Bar now works correct turn order.
- Buildings' models fixed.
- If Archangeld dies from "Harm touch" it no longer stays suspended over battlefield.
- Time in limited time mode is now displayed.
- Texts in chat are no longer duplicated after leaving the battle.
- Puzzle-map in underground works now correctly.
- Problem with bad camera angle over one of grass terrains has been fixed.
- Player can no longer get 2 levels of the same ability during level up.
- Summoned creatures are no longer shown in statistics after battle.
- Time is now displayed on the icon in Dynamic battle.
- Text "Spell resisted" is now displayed in correct place.
- Wampires and Wampire Lords no longer regain health after attacking Undead.
- Heroes travelling with 3x normal speed have correct sound.
- Lethos will now use spell "Decay" correctly.
- It is now easier to move cursor over objects.
- User can no longer eavesdrop opponents with Monolith.
- Hero stationing in Heaven's garrison will get now movement bonus from Stables.
- Sphinx description has been changed.
- Played starting game with Random Hero option can no longer get hero chosen by a different player.
- In multiplayer, if one player disconnects when map is loading, other players will be able to start the session.
- Information after lost battle for entangled creatures has been fixed.
- Hero leaving town does not automatically return to is, as it happened sometimes.
- Sparkling Fountain now correctly adds 2 luck.
- Map objects have now correct information windows.
- Description of Silent Stalker has been fixed.
- Hero Sinitar has now correct description of Catalyst spell.
- Deep Hydra can now fully regenerate.
- Description of Idol of Fortune has been fixed.
- Spell "Weakness" has now correct description.
- Hero can no longer get take army from allies.
- Map animations are no longer faster with hero speed increasement.
- Text has been formatted in the interface of "Ritual dungeon".
- Problem with creature animations that ovelapped with ruins of fortifications has been fixed.
- Dragonbone Greaves give bonus to initiative for melee creatures.
- Damage estimation has been fixed.
- Wrong effect of spell "Frenzy" has been fixed.
- Wrong effect of spell "Hypnosis" has been fixed.
- Many smaller bugs have been fixed.

4. Known problems
=====================

- Turning off vertical synchronization in graphic driver options may cause animation problems when rotating camera in Town.
- Loading saved game from different language version may cause incorrect projection of fonts and textures.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Jul 2006, 13:32

It appears to be.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby Marzhin » 19 Jul 2006, 13:36

Yeah ! Finally it is here ^^
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 19 Jul 2006, 13:45

Where is that list taken from?
In any case, I hope this patch will make the Buglist a lot greener.
- New maps: "Last Hope" and "War of the worlds".
The second one sounds obviously familiar while the first one sounds intriguingly familiar... ;)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jul 2006, 13:51

Wow.... a few more patches and the game might even go Gold. :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 14:05

- Melee attack done with holding CTRL button.
- Added fast access button (R) to recruitment window, accessible from every part of city interface.
Wait,wasnt this already in the game?
- Maps: "Conquest", "Attack", "Invasion", "Cultists", "Triumvirate", "Resistance", "Island to Rule" have been balanced.
Balanced?I sure hope its not the balance that was added by 1.1.Invasion and cultists are the very few maps I found chalenging enough.
- Wampires and Wampire Lords no longer regain health after attacking Undead.
Shouldnt this be with a "V"?Thats nice to know.But what about liches and mechanical units?
Does this mean that it will regenarate even if the top creature is on full health,but there are dead ones(which would be excelent),or that just the top one regenerates to the fullest(which would be bad)?

Nice to hear about lots of fixes.I agree with TT here.I think somewhere around 1.6 well have a gold game :devious:

Also,can we again have torrents set up by the people that download the patch first?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Jul 2006, 14:10

Yess. I'll have to wait with the download until I get back home though..
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby LordErtz » 19 Jul 2006, 15:15

The most interesting things imo are the vampires and the deep hydras.

I don't see any fixes with irresistable magic and black dragons

Duel mode hot seat could rule (and mp duel) IF the heroes are balanced, there are really only 4 playable heroes in duel right now.

Will there be a description of these "smaller bugs" that have been fixed?

What was wrong with damage estimation?

What was wrong with Lethos's decay?

After using gating, clone will no longer be a normal creature...what does that mean??

I really like some of the fixes with the patch, and that the map editor is coming, but will it include a random map generator in game for countless replayability?

Oh well, if anybody can answer some of these questions, awesome. If not, we will all wait until tomorrow to find them out.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 15:30

LordErtz wrote:
After using gating, clone will no longer be a normal creature...what does that mean??
I think this one refers to the bug with gating and phantom forces where you could gate a phantom forced stack.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 15:59

I always thought gated creatures, were normal creatures that were temporarily sent to the battlefiled from the underworld to aid the hero and then after the battle sent back to hell? So then why should we not be able to Phantom Force them anymore?

Anyway, its great to hear that the patch is done! Excellent!
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jul 2006, 16:02

No, the point was that a PFed creature could gate in real creatures. Seeing as you can PF a creature many times that leads to quite an advantage.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 19 Jul 2006, 16:02

Quote:

Does this mean that it will regenarate even if the top creature is on full health,but there are dead ones(which would be excelent),or that just the top one regenerates to the fullest(which would be bad)?

--------------------------

I suspect it means that only the top creature will regenerate to full health. That is how the regeneration ability has always worked. Why is that bad anyway? If it were to regenerate slain Hydras that would make it too powerful. As it is they already have a no-retaliation ability that can hit multiple creatures and boatload of hitpoints for their level.
Edited on Wed, Jul 19 2006, 10:08 by Shad0WeN

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 19 Jul 2006, 16:06

Right now you can no longer clone gated stacks(fixed in 1.1), but I believe you can gate with a cloned stack.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 16:09

Also, although I think adding a random map generator would be cool. I doubt it would be able to create very interesting maps if there is no designer to add a story behind it or think of new ideas to implement in the map. I fear the maps would basicly fall into a few standard categories where the goals are always similar and just the route from A to B just differs a bit per map. I'd rather have just a normal MapEditor for the time being.

Although coming to think of it, in multiplayer a random map generator would actually be quite usefull since its just player vs player. The maps still need to balanced well though. And no one can 'learn' the layout of the maps to aid them.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby mctronic » 19 Jul 2006, 17:00

I don't know .... still doesn't fix balance issues between factions nor AI and thoses are big problemsif you ask me considering that most people play single player instead of multiplayer.

Should gamers have to wait late 5 to 6 patches to get a good feel of the game ?

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Re: Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby LordErtz » 19 Jul 2006, 17:04

Shad0WeN wrote:Quote:

--------------------------

I suspect it means that only the top creature will regenerate to full health. That is how the regeneration ability has always worked. Why is that bad anyway? If it were to regenerate slain Hydras that would make it too powerful. As it is they already have a no-retaliation ability that can hit multiple creatures and boatload of hitpoints for their level.
Edited on Wed, Jul 19 2006, 10:08 by Shad0WeN

Deep hydras could always regenerate dead hydras. If it regenerated 40 HP and the hydra only had 1 hp lost it would regenerate one + 39 of the next one.

So what I think the question is: Does it regenerate all 100+ HP that the top stack is missing, OR does it generate all the top stack + 1 HP so that it regenerates 1 hydra.

See what I mean? If the hydra has only 1 HP off and it will only regenerate 1HP??? That is worse than the current system that would have given an extra hydra + about 30 HP too. That's the confusion.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.2 Tomorrow

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 17:27

I hope it doens't take four more patches to fix all of the issues with HoMMV. I do think that AI issues could be fixed much easier then faction balancing. Although I have noticed that the skills and abilities of the hero matter much more during a battle. In a sense balancing could continue forever, in Warcraft III, though another kind of game, balancing continued till the latest patch. Way past the initial realease of the game. Personally I'd prefer to have just one more patch v1.3 to fix all of the known bugs and a separate release with the Map Editor (plus maybe Random MapGen for multiplayer).

About te Hydra's? I don't know. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow.

And in 2007 a great Expansion set with the return (and ressurection) of Corak the Mysterious, and thus tying in with the previous worlds of M&M. ;-)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Jul 2006, 17:32

Quite a list of map fixes, but I did not see the key tent color error in (I believe it was) the expansion map of the Warlock campaign listed, which is too bad but again it would have taken all of 1 minute to fix obviously they are too busy to fix it. Hopefully it is one of the minor bugs that was fixed but not in the detailed listing.

Also if the map editor is ready, then why delay its release. 8|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “News”