The Oracle League Reborn

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 09 Aug 2005, 01:14

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1123514128

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 09 Aug 2005, 01:14

Thank you Angelspit, not only for the post on the site, but also for the hosting, and the good wishes!

My main reason for starting The Oracle League back up is to provide the community a well thought out, fun, and cheat-free environment. One of the biggest draws to the original Oracle League was its no-tolerance policy towards cheaters and cheating in general. We will provide that same kind of policy on fully launching, and will continue to provide that, and more, all for as long as The Oracle League stays around.

Thanks again Angelspit!

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 09 Aug 2005, 15:26

Tournaments in TBS games ^^ Leagues are full of professional players which makes it almost impossible win. In other words, thanks but no thanks.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 09 Aug 2005, 17:16

Then you have never played in a tournament like this one. Professional players have their good points, but this tournament is one that is designed so that EVERYONE has fun. It is not something you can "win" per-se. The overall design is for more of a fun gaming experience rather than a "Get to the top and win it all" kind of feel.

You might want to keep yourself updated by visiting the site a bit and see exactly where it goes before you pass judgement.

Camay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Camay » 10 Aug 2005, 10:47

Wow ! tank you so much ! The homm community join the phoenix power !

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 11 Aug 2005, 02:33

Many tournaments are open to everybody, but the truth is that almost all of those who join tournaments are competitionpeople who fight to win. Nothing bad in being a competitionguy, but you know that you will lose a round if you do a mistake and your opponent is a HoMM fan since part II.

And you're right, I've never participated in gaming tournament :p

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 11 Aug 2005, 02:38

I've got some questions, since this is new to me. Anyone, can answer.

1. Is this only for Heroes V?

2. Do you have to create a new profile, or can you use your Celestial heavens profile?

3.Lastly, are there any extra things I should be aware of?

Thanks again.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 Aug 2005, 12:21

The Oracle and Celestial Heavens profiles are two separate things, sorry! And while the tournament will certainly focus on Heroes V, a Heroes III competition is being considered. Keep an eye on The Oracle League for more information.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 11 Aug 2005, 15:33

Although The Oracle League is hosted by Celestial Heavens, the database is separate and distinct from the one found on Celestial Heavens.

As for Heroes 3, and 4, we will support them during the beta test, and if we have enough demand, that support will continue through the main season. Maybe a poll in a few weeks will be put up to determine that...

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 12 Aug 2005, 23:05

There have been updates to the site, and many many new features are being worked on.

The main thing is polls have been posted for those of you who wish to play a part in the construction of the site. Your votes determine what we will implement, how we will implement them, and what we put on the back burner.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 19 Aug 2005, 01:57

Ok, I'm in.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”