Patch 1.2 Content

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Jul 2006, 12:57

A <a href="/http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t ... 7264">post in German</a> by Ubisoft mod Thom19, later <b><a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... ted</a></b> by Drachenwald's MysticPhoenix on the English forum, reveals the content of the upcoming patch 1.2:

<ol>

<li>Exit battle option

<li>Hall of Fame

<li>Mission results

<li>Hotseat duel

<li>Topdown camera

<li>UI improvements : visited/not visited tag, ctrl key usage for shooters, range, number of turns distance on all icons, recruit hotkey on build screen

<li>2 new maps</ol>

The patch will also perform a lot of bug fixes. Still no release date, but the fact that information is sharing a little more information is a good sign.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1152968270
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Thom19
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Thom19 » 15 Jul 2006, 13:00

Ubi_Marc (German CM) posted that he expects the patch to be released on Monday! http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t ... 3801037164
Edited on Sat, Jul 15 2006, 07:05 by Thom19
Best wishes Thom

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby soupnazii » 15 Jul 2006, 13:16

sweet. nothing mind-boggling, but really nice changes overall. those ten maps i guess might come eventually after all... btw, i thought they mentioned somewhere already that they will not have a top-down camera, since it defeats the purpose of 3d...

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby howgrizzly » 15 Jul 2006, 13:19

Did they forget about turning castle camera on/off???
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Romanov77 » 15 Jul 2006, 13:23

Good changes...very good indeed! Expecially hotseat duels!!!

However, thats not enough...we need the editors...and MUCH MORE maps!!
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby soupnazii » 15 Jul 2006, 13:34

i think they said once that the editor would come in 1.3, the august patch. hopefully, that patch will come Soon(tm)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jul 2006, 13:58

Well this is great news and should cut off a chunk of the problems the game has.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 15 Jul 2006, 15:10

Exit battle options? What does that mean? I thought the game already had surrender and retreat.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Labyrinth » 15 Jul 2006, 15:14

"Exit battle options" means that youi can exit a battle and load a safegame directly.

Often you can't surrender or retreat.

And people, don't forget the whole MultiPlayer part that was redone!
What the #$*! do we know?

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Sikon » 15 Jul 2006, 15:21

If they don't fix the cheat console working in multiplayer, I'll be mad.

jeff

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jul 2006, 15:50

You guys must be desperate I see nothing exciting here (except battle mode exit), though improvements are welcome. Now if they had listed savegame option on quitting that would be a little different. I hope one of the bugs is fixing the keymaster tents in the 2nd Dungeon map. I have stopped playing it now for over two weeks waiting to see if it would be fixed. (Yeah I know it is not supposed to matter.) What is sad is I have not missed playing the game. My god, I hope the editor is not delayed like 1.2 has been.
Edited on Sat, Jul 15 2006, 09:52 by jeff
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Thom19
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Thom19 » 15 Jul 2006, 16:02

@CloudRiderX: you only can retreat, when you have a own stronghold/castle. Otherwise you have to wait till the battle is ended ... now there will be an "exit battle mode" ;)
Best wishes Thom

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 15 Jul 2006, 16:07

Quote: Did they forget about turning castle camera on/off???

--------------------

I'm just curious, but I don't see why that is all that significant? All you have to do is hit a button to stop the flyby. It would seem to me that it just a matter of small convenience and there are clearly more important features or fixes.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 15 Jul 2006, 16:10

@jeff

I think being able to see the range on your shooters is a handy feature as well.

Clearly though, being able to exit any battle is easily the best addition and was certainly needed.

Along the lines of battle options though I just thought of something else that could use fixing. The Quick Combat option should not show how many creatures you have defeated when you win a battle, or at the very least it should not show exact numbers and should use the creature quantity labels instead (unless you have the Scouting skill). The reason for this is because it allows you to see creature numbers before you replay the battle, which to me would seem to give an advantage that was not intended. You would not normally see creature numbers if Quick Combat was turned off so why should it give an advantage? There's also at least one exception that should be considered as well. Even if you have the Scouting skill you wouldn't be able to see creature composition and numbers when seizing a creature dwelling such as one of the Military Posts for example so Quick Combat shouldn't really show anything other than your losses in that case.
Edited on Sat, Jul 15 2006, 10:25 by Shad0WeN

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 15 Jul 2006, 16:11

jeff wrote: Now if they had listed savegame option on quitting that would be a little different. .
Edited on Sat, Jul 15 2006, 09:52 by jeff
Do you mean that instead of you pressing quit and the game saying "do you want to quit? Yes or no?" You want it to say "Do you want to 'save or quit'?

Seems pretty minor to me if that's what you mean. I always save my game and then quit. No big deal.

jeff

Re: Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jul 2006, 16:28

PhoenixReborn wrote: Seems pretty minor to me if that's what you mean. I always save my game and then quit. No big deal.
It is a big deal that right now you can quit to desk top without the customary warning would you like to save first?. When I am in a hurray I frequently just close the game as quickly as I can without thinking about saving first. This is an item that has been in every game I have ever played (assuming saving is allowed) except the FF series where you had to be at specific locations. It was infantile not to have this option. One that seems to be relatively easy to add as a mod currently adds that. It is one more sign of a general lack of attention to detail that has plagued this game. I still think once everything gets ironed out, it will be a great addition to the Heroes line.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 15 Jul 2006, 16:44

I agree with Phoenix that a save on quit feature is a minor detail at best. Heroes games have never been games that you play when you are in a rush. I mean honestly how hard it is to spend 10 seconds to save your game? Perhaps you share the same type of "lack of attention to detail" when it comes to saving your own game that you would criticize the developer of. I agree that there are many things that need to be added or fixed but this one is just not very important.

Let's not forget that this is Nival's first attempt at this franchise and I think they will learn from the experiences and hopefully produce a better and more polished product down the road. That being said however, and being a long-time fan of this series, I think they did a pretty good job at making a fun game to play and reviving a series that we all thought was lost for good when 3DO went under. Bottom line is we are lucky and fortunate that this game ever saw the light of day.
Edited on Sat, Jul 15 2006, 10:51 by Shad0WeN

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 15 Jul 2006, 16:58

Shadows could use anti-aliasing (like those on creatures or terrain), they look particularly bad close up. As far as I can tell the AA features only seem to affect textures. Hmmmm, I wonder if the AA setting in my vid card drivers (currently set to application controlled) would affect this?
Edited on Sat, Jul 15 2006, 11:00 by Shad0WeN

hein231
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby hein231 » 15 Jul 2006, 17:02

now that is a patch

Daxtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Daxtreme » 15 Jul 2006, 18:31