Post-E3 FAQ on the Official Site

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 12 Jul 2005, 18:14

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1121189140

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 12 Jul 2005, 18:14

Still no info at all on any kind of editor, will ther be one, will it be very simple like heroes 1-3, slightly more complex but severly lacking like heroes 4, or a real map editor similar to Warcraft 3.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 12 Jul 2005, 19:08

There has been confirmation concerning the editor. There will be a map editor AND a random map generator included with the game (not released later as with 3do games). They are also still discussing the possibility of a campaign editor, but no confirmation on that as of yet. So, not to worry...it'll be there. :O)
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

darkfire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkfire » 12 Jul 2005, 19:30

there will be fog of war~~~i dont like the idea of that~~~it is just so annoying when u play tbs games~~~

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 12 Jul 2005, 22:52

Map Editor: there was a pic of it released not too long ago, although I'm sure it's still in development as well. The picture doesn't show any sign of a campaign editor but since they someone (I think at Nival) commented taht they weren't sure about the campaign editor yet, I imagine it's something they haven't gotten to.

Fog of War: earlier they said it would be H3 style which means the shroud and not the H4 Fog of War. In answering most questions about FoW, I've noticed that Fabrice and others have said "Fog of War" when they meant "shroud" so I think they're not always distinguishing between the terms the way most of the fans are.
- Fnord

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 13 Jul 2005, 01:00

GREAT F.A.Q.! Three tumbs up for Ubi/Nival! "Force bigger battlefields by having bigger stacks", wohohoooo :D

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 13 Jul 2005, 09:52

For information : Olivier Ledroit is a well-known french comics artist , especially famous for his work on "The Black Moon Chronicles", along with other comics like "Sha" and more recently "Requiem"
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

kurios
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kurios » 13 Jul 2005, 18:33

Sounds like these guys have a good impression of what they want. And i think the game is going to be excellent!

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 13 Jul 2005, 21:53

Perhaps the map editor does have campaign-making abilities, like the one single map/campaign editor in H4 which could make both regular maps and campaigns.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 14 Jul 2005, 17:54

Well, I got to admit, this is the most informative review I've read so far. Everything sounds great, except the fog of war thing. I'm still playing H4, and it's very annoying because a guy could be right out of my town's sight(which isn't much) and just wait for me to leave. I always keep guys in there of course, but the II and III shrouds were much better. I'm also looking forward to an editor.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 16 Jul 2005, 16:31

As this news article clearly states that Ubi and Nival has created a totally new world. Therefore, the fog of war/shroud will be within the landscape of the map and not covering it like a blanket to be removed once your hero+ troops get to explore that region currently being in.

What I mean is: the camera of immediate zoom will be jammed to a 75-35degree angle. So, in order to find things, you'll have to be at minimum 2 to 3 gallop paces(hexes) away in order for any hero to perceive(see) any object or enemy units(guards or enemy hero + troops). A hero having its secondary skill of avanced or expert scouting/pathfinding will be the one having a great advantage over any or all terrain types' line of sight/perception.
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

Return to “News”