OSX Update

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Hambone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

OSX Update

Unread postby Hambone » 06 Jul 2006, 01:35

Look what I have brought you oh wretched peasants of the HOMMiverse! Good tidings from <a href="http://www.freeverse.com">Freeverse</a>, our noble lord of the OSX port! Rejoice and be humble!

From on high Vice President Colin Smith has spoken, and he's given we mortals much to ponder. Of greatest interest is progress on the port itself: "it’s still looking like around Christmas for Mac HOMM." A fine present indeed!

The Veep also spoke fine words about ongoing support, which has often been a famine situation for we Mac gaming serfs who live at the whim of our masters: "we’ll be working-in all the updates along the way so when it ships it should have nine months of Nival patches and content tweaks in there." Magnificent!

But wait, there's more! Colin also speaks about porting the Map Editor and delivers an impassioned soliloquy on the difficult economic riddles faced by the Mac game-porting industry. It's worthy of the tragic hero Hamlet himself, and is much more convincing and heart-felt that the voice actors in HOMMV. Its all bleeding hearts, gore and glory, so make the heroic choice to read more over at the <a href="http://hommv.utopos.net">HOMMV for OSX!</a> site.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1152149705

"The adding features part depends on the end of the patch plan." -- Fabrice Cambounet

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

OSX Update

Unread postby Sikon » 06 Jul 2006, 05:39

They'd better release a Linux version... >:(

hein231
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

OSX Update

Unread postby hein231 » 06 Jul 2006, 08:46

HommV on linux? hell no this game is way too unstable and buggy for linux i used linux for years and this game's assembly will be an insult to it

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

OSX Update

Unread postby Sikon » 06 Jul 2006, 10:23

This is your opinion. Trust me, there are plenty of people who want the game on Linux.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

OSX Update

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 06 Jul 2006, 14:29

Nine months of Nival patches? So…three. With about fifteen more to come out afterwards. :P ;)
Image Image Image

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

OSX Update

Unread postby soupnazii » 06 Jul 2006, 17:18

yes, three in 9 months seems about right :)

val-gaav
Peasant
Peasant

OSX Update

Unread postby val-gaav » 09 Jul 2006, 17:43

Yep ... I would also support a linux version .... although I would prefer a free patch that wuould make windows version run nativly under linux ...

NWN had this kind of patch :P

Well as for now H5 rund under WINE ,,, but it's slow like a turtle .

Return to “News”