Two New Maps this Month

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Jul 2006, 12:32

A post on the <a href="/http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/">US page of the official portal</a> is an announcement about two new Heroes of Might and Magic V maps that will be available by the end of the month. The distribution method is a bit strange: you must either <a href="/https://secure.ubi.com/login/UserIntera ... ">register a Ubi.com acounnt</a< if you haven't already, or opt to receive communications from Ubisoft in your Ubisoft profile. The deadline is on July 21st.

There are no details about the nature of those maps. Or about patch 1.2 for that matter. But we will keep you posted.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1152016344
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

King_Roland
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby King_Roland » 04 Jul 2006, 13:37

Strange indeed. Why isn't the new maps automatically sent to those people that have registered their HOMM V game [like during installation] without also asking them to register a Ubi.com account as well?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby Marzhin » 04 Jul 2006, 13:39

According to the french MM portal the maps are also sent to the registered Heroes V owners.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby fiur » 04 Jul 2006, 13:48

what is opt ????

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jul 2006, 14:21

Does "opt" mean I have to give permission, for UbiSoft to send me advertisments by checking the box "Please update me with exclusive content and offers about Ubisoft titles" in my Ubi profile?? Ugh! that borders on extortion! :vomit:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby King Imp » 04 Jul 2006, 15:02

In Ubisoft's defense, I can tell you for a fact that you do not get spammed by them. I have had that "receive e-mail" thing checked from the beginning and I get like 1, maybe 2 e-mails a month from them. It's not like your inbox will be flooded daily.

Just make sure not to check the one to receive from their partners, only from Ubi themselves.

nyte_rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby nyte_rogue » 04 Jul 2006, 16:39

I agree with King Imp...I have never been flooded by Ubi. It's just a shame that we have to wait so long as I am already bored with the few maps that came with the game. *sigh*

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby LordErtz » 04 Jul 2006, 16:56

STILL gay that they make you subjected to the horrors of clicking that box...what kind of crappy stunts are they trying to pull, they've already given me an incomplete game, I don't want info on ANYTHING else they do except to make this game better.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 04 Jul 2006, 16:58

That's why releasing the map editor is so important.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Jul 2006, 19:49

"This is ubisofts marketing department.None of you worthless money spenders wants to receive our adds and buy our products,so instead of increasing our quality we decided to do the sensible thing and force you to do what you dont want" :disagree:

It seems that the setatement "Sure we had comercials.But only on TV and radio.And on milk cardboards.And on buses and cabs.During the sporting events and written in the sky.But not in our dreams!" wont be valid for much longer.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby Ryder » 04 Jul 2006, 22:01

Why cant they just use the "Check for Updates" option they added in the first patch? Two maps doesnt exactly get the juices flowing anyway, we need another 20 atleast.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 04 Jul 2006, 22:55

Well, if they wanted to have people register at their website, they could have just put the stuff in a "registered members only" section.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Jul 2006, 23:15

DaemianLucifer wrote:"This is ubisofts marketing department.None of you worthless money spenders wants to receive our adds and buy our products,so instead of increasing our quality we decided to do the sensible thing and force you to do what you dont want" :disagree:
Now is that comment about having to agree to emails, or the fact the game uses your internet connection to send info back to UBI from time to time without requesting permission. :mad:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Jul 2006, 00:18

jeff wrote:Now is that comment about having to agree to emails, or the fact the game uses your internet connection to send info back to UBI from time to time without requesting permission. :mad:
Both!I unchek the send me adds option,they put in this spyware.I block it,and then they decide to do this stunt! :disagree:

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 05 Jul 2006, 01:23

Very strange and somewhat irritating.

GoW

Argonaut
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby Argonaut » 05 Jul 2006, 01:33

I am already a registered member, but I have opted not to received any advertisments from them. Now... they are forcing me to get advertisments from them by making that a PRECONDITION for getting the 2 maps. I am equally MAD as well.

However, I will beat Ubisoft at their own game, since they are no gentlement. I will turn on the option just before the dateline, get the map and turn it off. So, Ubisoft wont get what they want from me !!!
Edited on Tue, Jul 04 2006, 19:33 by Argonaut

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Jul 2006, 01:51

Since these are free, can they be distributed by some sacrificial individuals through downloads here perhaps? :D

As far as the info being sent to UBI, if they had made it a selectable option during installation, I may have agreed, but hiding it in the small print was irritating. :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 05 Jul 2006, 02:15

why can't people just put them up as torrents so that we dont have to deal with this stupid BS? Possible? Somebody could just have an ftp site as well.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 05 Jul 2006, 03:02

ill just whack em on my server when i get them, im not signing up for some email crap.

Amgor II
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Two New Maps this Month

Unread postby Amgor II » 05 Jul 2006, 03:58

Maybe its another way to count how many players own the game
In the world of the Dead, its nice to be alive,I think.

Return to “News”