Computer Gaming World Preview

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 04 Jul 2005, 04:27

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1120437987

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 04 Jul 2005, 04:27

Wow...all the Article did was bash Heroes 4 and New World Computing...man..Heroes 4 wasn't all that bad a game IMO, I still enjoy playing it sometimes.

gunsharp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gunsharp » 04 Jul 2005, 16:36

Could someone link it? Or is it only on the printed version?

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 04 Jul 2005, 19:03

It says, that you have to pay for the full article. Can't someone post the full article or something like that?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 05 Jul 2005, 05:51

I think what happened was that CGW got mad at 3DO about MM9 and Heroes got caught in the crossfire. I like it as much as Heroes III, but at first it seemed new and strange, so it tooks some getting used to.

I started to enjoy the game more once I decided to play without using PofI and Combat heroes. (Just like in Heroes III, I chose to play without Dimension Door and in Heroes II without Ghosts.)

Then along came some great user made maps and Equilibris and I was pretty much hooked. At CGW they bailed after the first try and never got to the good part.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Jul 2005, 12:36

I found a transcript of the article at the Genie's Lamp (second article on the page): http://home.houston.rr.com/thepliskepag ... eviews.htm
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 06 Jul 2005, 19:52

Thanks for pointing that out (and to Sir Charles). Guess I don't count as a die-hard fan according to them... H3 fanboys.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 06 Jul 2005, 22:40

*grin* don't thank me guys. I didn't even KNOW about the article until I saw it on the news page. :O) I say thanks Charley.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 07 Jul 2005, 05:15

My pleasure. I started my CGW subscription many, many years ago -- when the Strategic Review -- and though the mag pretty much sucks these days, they continue to send it to me even though I have not paid for it in over 5 years. I guess loyalty does buy you something these days.

And no 'Sir' for me. How about Charles, Esquire?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Jul 2005, 12:13

CGW started having problems when Johnnny Wilson left, and that was a long time ago! They also had a hard time adapting their content so that it would add to what can be found on the Internet (game reviews look dated when they are published three months after the gaming Web sites). I switched to PC Gamer for some time, but got annoyed by the fact that the staff members of that publication talk about themselves all the time. Today, I read the GameSpy reviews mostly.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 07 Jul 2005, 15:39

I agree with Sir Charles, or Charles, Esquire, you know what I mean. I expected IV to be like the same thing that happened to II and III. II was fun, and when III came out, it had everything that II had. Cool new and old monsters, some great spells remade from II and brand new ones, more towns, more artifacts, most of the heroes were new though. I was waiting for IV to have everything exactly the same as III and more, but in truth there wasn't a whole lot more you could add without changing the game itself. I just started playing IV again and enjoy it as much as the others

Oh yeah and what does IMO and IMHO mean?
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 07 Jul 2005, 22:26

"Oh yeah and what does IMO and IMHO mean?"

In my opinion and in my humble opinion ;).

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Jul 2005, 23:40

IMO = In My Opinion

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “News”