Introducing the Genie's Lamp

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 31 May 2005, 21:23

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1117571198

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 31 May 2005, 21:23

*faints from the shock*

*grin* Thanks Angelspit. That was a rather nice surprise. :O) Now watch my bandwidth get totally eaten up. hehe.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 31 May 2005, 22:10

Aaaaaaaaaah! I am sooooooo thrillllllled! This is great! Thanks Sir Charles for doing this for us totally addicted Heroes fans. Just looking at the Hero portraits from Heroes 1 brings back such sweet memories.

Heeeheeee, just looking at Thundrax makes me want to fire up my old computer and play Heroes 1. Thundrax always me laugh because he looked so funny; but I usually played the Sorceress Castle. All I can say is WOW! and thanks again.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

gunsharp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gunsharp » 01 Jun 2005, 00:01

Very very nice site. Lots of great stuff in there. Good job!

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 01 Jun 2005, 05:18

Yes, it does look good, and good to see Chris Nahr's H3 manual addenda has a home again too.
- Fnord

Biggles Final Flight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Biggles Final Flight » 01 Jun 2005, 13:15

I forgot about the machine town intended for Armageddon's Blade before it was replaced with the Conflux town. I wonder how far NWC got with it before everyone kicked up a fuss and it was scrapped?

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 01 Jun 2005, 13:50

Actually, they nearly finished it completely. All that was left was a bit of fine-tuning. There's a rather blurry screenshot of the town screen somewhere. I'll need to dig that up. I've got it "somewhere". :O) It looked rather intriguing....while I wasn't a fan of the direction they were taking the troop selections with the forge, I was more than willing to trust NWC and give it a shot. Alas...we'll never know. *sigh*
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 01 Jun 2005, 14:01

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 01 Jun 2005, 14:49

There's also this polish page: http://www.acid.iconrate.net/forge.php#góra

Just scroll down, and you'll find lot's of artwork and 3d-rendered buildings. There's also the screenshot from before, just bigger.

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 01 Jun 2005, 17:22

I would just like to apologize for saying that the creatures look like pokemon dolls or anything else negative I've said. After seeing the five gameplay movies, I am astonished. This will be the best game of all times and those to come!
Hats off to all contributors, in all shapes and sizes. Keep up the good work.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 01 Jun 2005, 20:21

About the chucked Forge, i did come upon it when i was scouring the internet a year or two ago. At first i was very interested, but on reading a description of each monster, it dissapointed me. many of the monsters were just monsters from HIII with different colors and weapons. i.e. one of them was called a Shredder or something, and it was just a zombie from the necropolis with a chainsaw instead of a butcher knife, and different clothing and stuff. I was definately more excited about the conflux.(Phoenixes baby! :) ) And the website is very good by the way.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Biggles Final Flight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Biggles Final Flight » 01 Jun 2005, 21:48

Never seen the Forge town screenshot before, although I've seen most of the others. I remember thinking that introducing a sci-fi town into an established fantasy world was akin to erecting a crucifix in a mosque. Good of NWC to listen to their fans though, despite almost finishing the town. I quite liked the Conflux town too.

Dragon Angel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dragon Angel » 01 Jun 2005, 23:39

Well, every time the Forge debate appears I feel the need to give the same comment... I'm going to repeat it here at it seems, by Cloud comments, i'm not the only one who feels that way: Forge idea had potential, and the town screen looks really nice. However, the creatures did not stand a chance, being just B-Series Horror or Sci-Fi movie versions of creatures that were already in the game...

A new race, or fully robotical creatures might have proven much better, IMHO.
Don't be fooled by the title -- Dragons can disguise as peasants, too

Dragon Angel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dragon Angel » 01 Jun 2005, 23:41

BTW, on topic, great site Chuckles, god knows I was starting to miss H3trio, and it's nice to see a site in the same line.
Don't be fooled by the title -- Dragons can disguise as peasants, too

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 02 Jun 2005, 10:49

Yes DA is right, the units were the BIG problem with the Forge. I'm not saying that I liked the concept of the town anyway, (at least not for HOMM), but the units were just a total unimaginative and laughable cr**.

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 02 Jun 2005, 16:13

He, he, he, he.

I just love when I get to hook people up onto my great genius at foreseeing how the future towns of HoMMV will be like.

I'm very satisfied with such feats of wisdom and knowledge by also using great common sense and animal logic.

After saying all of this and basically revealing another very popular forum member of The Round Table of M&M. Here it goes...removing the mask and helmet orned with communication antennaes on each side...well, what do you know, its..its..ORIONPAX.

Surprise!!
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 03 Jun 2005, 00:33

umm......? I'm not sure WHAT that was supposed to mean.

polivieri1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby polivieri1 » 03 Jun 2005, 01:41

?? wat r people saying gust do it

Return to “News”