H4 Campaign – Champions

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 29 May 2005, 14:14

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1117313241

NobleKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NobleKnight » 29 May 2005, 14:14

I Dont Suck i live as a noob in the town

NobleKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NobleKnight » 29 May 2005, 14:14

Believe me i suck

NobleKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NobleKnight » 29 May 2005, 14:15

how do i download this game i suck

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 29 May 2005, 17:25

Just click on the bold name and you will get a .zip file to download. It should contain the campaign with a short description. Place the extracted campaign file/map files into your HoMM4 map folder.

Victor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Victor » 30 May 2005, 20:45

I was completely unable to get past the stack of sprites that blocked my way some distance from the town. Even after I had done everything that I could possibly do to make my hero stronger. Is this game meant to be played at low difficulty levels?

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 30 May 2005, 21:24

It's meant to be played at intermediate difficulty. Only use higher difficulties if you are willing to use potions and such as well as some master skills...
==============
I still don't get that stupid WoG puzzle.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 31 May 2005, 21:37

Awesome campaign! Very original puzzles and quests. A lot of "back and forth" movement on the maps, but we didn't have a problem with this since it is almost necessary in an RPG type campaign to give it some feeling of length. Good story and narrative. We chose Order for the lead character, "Adventurer", and we think that was a fortunate choice since we got a parchment of "Hypnosis" for completing a quest on the third and final map. We assume you would get a different parchment to match a different type hero, but some of the end game

combats are a lot easier with "Hypnosis". The only quibble is voiced by Victor in his comment. We found the same thing - we couldn't defeat a blocking army no matter what we tried at any difficulty level higher than intermediate and we felt that it might be possible to play at a higher difficulty level once you got past this initial army. Nonetheless, a great, fun campaign which rated a 9!

Don and Linda

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 01 Jun 2005, 00:13

Yeah, depending on the class you pick at start, some specific rewards such as that scroll are given.

Tomorrow I'm free, so I might make a revised/2 version of the map that works more with difficulty settings. One thing, though, I believe the hypnosis spell was too much, wasnt it?
==============

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 01 Jun 2005, 07:46

Hi Crusard, the hypnosis spell wasn't too much, at all. Please let it in!

And I think, it would be better, to wait for an update with new settings on further comments, "two or three weeks", please!

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 01 Jun 2005, 17:35

I'm working on a new difficulty engine. It would be impossible to balance it, however, because I'd have to test each difficulty for each class. That would be 25 tests of the campaign, which is impossible to control. I like to give the player freedom to choose his class and skills, but by doing so I also need to keep in mind that while some classes will find trouble at some points, other classes will have an easy time instead. That's why I didn't include difficulty settings before.

The new system, however, adds only a few creatures per stack as difficulty increases (Replacing current HoMMIV system). Also, the rewards and artifacts given to the player are less in higher difficulty settings (I saw a map that gave BETTER artifacts the higher the difficulty was, that didn't make much sense). Also initial Gold is changed by difficulty. Just for you to know, it *will* be impossible to win in Champion difficulty.
==============

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 01 Jun 2005, 19:20

Ok, I've just made the latest modifications and the battles in Advanced, Expert, and Champion difficulties have been made tougher than ever (Yet possible). The difference betwen the three of them is only in rewards given to the player, monster quantity is the same for those three advanced difficulties otherwise it would be impossible to win.

There is a limitation, however, given by the game's engine. Each month, you know monsters re-emerge into the adventure map. No scripting can be done to prevent or change their numbers, so when that happens you'll find yourself fighting an impossible amount of monsters. This causes a total failure of the skill system I made... so you should play at intermediate difficulty, which is hard enough already. Most maps nowadays can be played on champion, but this is an RPG map. Initiative isn't gonna help, the AI isn't going to do stupid things, and no creature growths will happen.

All these limitations by the HommIV engine are the reason why I'm not going to make any more maps. Let's hope H5 will be more solid and editable than this one.
==============

Return to “News”