Ten Gameplay Screenshots

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 23 May 2005, 16:41

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1116862944

Biggles Final Flight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Biggles Final Flight » 23 May 2005, 16:41

According the VBIOS (the russian forum where these shots have been posted), these are screenshots from HOMM 6! Someone's slipped up there.

Anyway, the more I see and hear of HOMM 5, the more I think that Ubisoft have a real treat in store for us. The recent comments posted by Fabrice on David Mullich's preview coupled with these screenshots have allayed all of the concerns I had previously. I think HOMM 5 is shaping up to be one of the, if not, THE best Heroes game yet.

doma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby doma » 23 May 2005, 16:46

This has to be pre-alpha or something , because the interface looks like crap.

good thing they have a year to tweak the interface.

handclap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby handclap » 23 May 2005, 17:11

Wow, one could speculate so much about all these little details revealed to us.. The screens look quite good but far from being in a near-final state. What bothers me is that overall console-style look. The icons and the hero portaits look very kitschy, that conveys no fantasy/rpg atmosphere at all. But I'm confident, there is still much time left...

Ivanmoe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ivanmoe » 23 May 2005, 17:20

I am overjoyed at these screenshots. To the point that I no longer harbor any doubts about the game. Did you notice the return of chain lightning? How about Light magic is one of the magic schools! Pumped!

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 23 May 2005, 17:37

@ doma:

At least in these screenshots there is an interface... ;)

Zimmy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zimmy » 23 May 2005, 18:02

these screenshots are indeed stolen but are around a year old so dont get your hopes up that its still like this.

gunsharp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gunsharp » 23 May 2005, 18:07

I like how it seems the peasents are no match for the griffins. Much better troops representations in that aspect.

doma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby doma » 23 May 2005, 18:28

@ JSE:

True :) I should be glad for even getting to see their pre-alpha shots. altho I must say I dont like the EA/console look of the colors and icons. I hope thats just temporary.

@ Zimmy:

Dont worry, these shots did not get any hope up with me. The news of them being 1 year old raised my hope again tho :)

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 23 May 2005, 19:20

Well I dunno. The screenshots are really from the game but I must say that they are very old. Take a look on the environment, like the wall in the background. It looks familiar, just like the one of the first concept art drawings. It seems that at the begining the designers were trying to make Heros V battlefields look very similiar the the ones from the past Heroes games. Hope that the battlefields, in the final game, will look like in the movies from E3...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Camay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Camay » 23 May 2005, 19:28

I'm pretty sure that there is a parallel development for a console game. If you look at the color, simplified windows border edges and so on... Maybe that's the reason that speak about heroes VI (in term of development numbering), and if it's true, it's very cool ! Two Heroes game to share our life :)

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 23 May 2005, 21:47

The more I look at that Griffin, the more I accept it. I like that it takes up way more space than other units. It also seems to be alot more powerful than the Heroes III version.

Camay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Camay » 23 May 2005, 21:56

Yeah, in the screenshot (over there in this page) you can see that 10 griffin attack 19 fat and poor farmers :)

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 24 May 2005, 02:51

I'm not going to post these to the screenshot page on the assumption that they are old, not intended to be released and not representative of the final game.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 24 May 2005, 22:49

Man, these look really cool! Light Magic! /:0 That's strange.... it wasn't to long ago I made a whole set of Light spells to pretend if they had it for III. I wonder if they'll have Shadow Magic as well....
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

darkjedi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkjedi » 25 May 2005, 05:10

the grid system looks stupid, and the battlefield is too cramped.

why are they trying to make the game ' faster and easier '. in my opinion, the good thing about heroes games is that they are long, indepth, and epic. its not a f*$#ing arcade game.

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blueman » 25 May 2005, 09:41

The battlefield should be much bigger! How can you protect your archers??

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 25 May 2005, 12:36

Do you want to knowwhy are they trying to make the game ' faster and easier '?

It will be game for mainstream, not ´fans only´

and what wants the mainstream? easy games with VERY good graphics

not games like Steel Panthers, but games like Red Alert 2
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 25 May 2005, 15:08

I have no choice but to agree to Klaymen. Fast play, clarity of 3D interface and, the ability to directly control the specific unit currently engaged into an attack motion combat.

Don't forget you all people that this game will be made to work also onto the new 360X-box and PS3 consoles. These consoles use 128bit processing abilities and probably 256bit for the unannounced and unreleased PS3 onto the market. Well, not until mid-2006 at least for the PS3.
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 26 May 2005, 14:02

Yeah the battlefield does look small. Even though they want to make battles with small armies shorter, it does look like they only get 16 squares for a 4 on 4 fight.(The griffins take up 4 of those 16 on their own, so we'll make it 12) I certainly hope that this game isn't quick and easy like I heard about the Heroes Chronicles.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”