David Mullich Preview

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 22 May 2005, 16:01

A lot of people say that Heroes IV was a disaster (personally I liked it), but I think that some of the ideas should become a standard for the next parts of Heroes games, especially the caravans...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 22 May 2005, 16:44

Yeah, they were helpful, and I didn't mind the heroes fighting in battles either. It was also neat how your castle changed on the outside depending on whether you had the Fort, Citadel, and Castle. The monster trees were ok.( the way they set it up so you could choose one creature or the other)It meant you could play towns repeatedly and get a slightly different taste each time.(In II and III, you got all the monsters the first time you played a castle). I also wouldn't mind the Classical Magicks(Order,Chaos,etc.) if they evened it out just a little bit. But I'll say what I said before on another post, If they took the best from III and IV, combined it, and made a new Heroes game, that would be an AWESOME game!
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 22 May 2005, 22:06

It's all about taste HMMFan. After playing H4 there is no way I could go back to H3, there is no comparison. When I watch my wife play H3 I cant believe how poor it is compared to H4.

But that's just me and I'm an idiot.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 23 May 2005, 20:50

ARGH!!! Remember, the game is called HEROES(!) of Might and Magic, not Armies of Might and Magic. Heroes IV is way better than Heroes III. So much of the tedium - crap, I have to send heros to all the mines to get the resources because it's a new week, waiting until day 1 to get new troops, etc. - were eliminated in IV. I love real heroes and the caravans are awesome. It's not that I dislike III, in fact I DO like it, but IV is still a much better game.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 23 May 2005, 21:27

Not necesarrily. We know that these kinds of things can be flagged. In Heroes 4, you had to use a hero to flag stuff regardlessly. So if they implement a proper caravan system and think of something to prevent chaining, then this should work out fine.

Also, I'm very interested in the idea to let different heroes do different things in battle.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 24 May 2005, 12:24

"Sir" Mullich made a very good preview, and it's nice to see Fabrice took some time to clear some things up.
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 24 May 2005, 21:10

In response to Marelt Ekiran: It's true you need a hero to flag a mine in IV, but once flagged the mineral, etc. it automatically accumulated.

In III, you had to have a hero "retrieve" the commodity every week.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 24 May 2005, 21:47

And I take it that in Heroes 5, you can still flag stuff and automatically get resources/creatures from them. I haven't seen anything to contradict that yet.

While I too liked it that creatures could walk on their own in Heroes 4, I don't consider it a big deal. The two major problems with Heroes 3 in this aspect were the collection tedium (go get the same resources and creatures every week, over and over) and chaining (set up your heroes so that one creature can travel five days worth instantly). Both can be eliminated, even if creatures cannot walk freely.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 24 May 2005, 22:43

Waitaminute T.A.P., you just said that in III you need a hero to visit a mine every week to get the resources. Do you mean windmills and stuff? Because Ore Mines and things like that you don't need to visit.

The caravan thing was very neat though too. In II and III, you never have time to go out to each dwelling and get the monster from it.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”