Ethric's Review

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Senahoj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ethric's Review

Unread postby Senahoj » 11 Jun 2006, 19:05

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1149949016

Senahoj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ethric's Review

Unread postby Senahoj » 11 Jun 2006, 19:05

where is my comment!!!!!crap warning!!!!!

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Ethric's Review

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 11 Jun 2006, 20:55

I couldn't agree more. Long live Heroes IV!

jeff

Re: Ethric's Review

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jun 2006, 23:34

Senahoj wrote:where is my comment!!!!!crap warning!!!!!
Thanks for the warning Senahoj, I'll not read your post. ;)

Much of my first impression of this game is similar to yours, Ethric. I want very much to like this game, but after playing the first map I’m finding it difficult to. The graphics as I expected were impressive, but I do not see what the camera angles and 3D graphics add to it. I’ll be honest if I had not eaten I might have gotten motion sickness. :ill: Now I flew in high performance fighter aircraft for over 11 years in the USAF and not once had trouble with motion sickness, but 10 minutes of the erratic motion had me thinking about it. As for the rest of the game it does have the Heroes feel to it, hurray but being unfamiliar with the different new skills and such I have no idea if I am picking correctly for the hero I’m playing. I know in earlier editions choosing incorrectly comes back to bite you, I don’t know if the same is true here in Heroes V or not. Oh well I’m rested and about to start the second map, maybe it was a bad burrito and not the game. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 Jun 2006, 07:37

Sounds like it just may have been the food, even I wouldn't go as far as to claim that the camera induced physical illness :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jun 2006, 12:00

I think you were right later it was not a problem. However, am I missing something in the town screen, like this dwelling is disabled or can not be built. I the second and now the third maps of the Queens campaign there are buildings where I have the resources and town level, but it won't let me build it. ;|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jun 2006, 12:21

jeff wrote:I think you were right later it was not a problem. However, am I missing something in the town screen, like this dwelling is disabled or can not be built. I the second and now the third maps of the Queens campaign there are buildings where I have the resources and town level, but it won't let me build it. ;|
Instead of telling you that the building is disabled,the game tells you that the maximum level for this building reached.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jun 2006, 12:38

DaemianLucifer wrote:
jeff wrote:I think you were right later it was not a problem. However, am I missing something in the town screen, like this dwelling is disabled or can not be built. I the second and now the third maps of the Queens campaign there are buildings where I have the resources and town level, but it won't let me build it. ;|
Instead of telling you that the building is disabled,the game tells you that the maximum level for this building reached.
Ok, I'll be specific can you built a first level mage guild in Ashwood, the game won't let me and it only says town level for this structure has been reached, is that what you mean I cannot go farther with it or in this case it cannot have one.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jun 2006, 13:23

jeff wrote:Ok, I'll be specific can you built a first level mage guild in Ashwood, the game won't let me and it only says town level for this structure has been reached, is that what you mean I cannot go farther with it or in this case it cannot have one.
You wont be able to build any mage guilds before map 4.

Return to “News”