Torrents available for Patches

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 18:51

With the major download distribution sites all requiring login for you to get the most out of their downloads, I have taken it upon myself to create a BitTorrent file for each of them.

I have started seeding all the patches, and also have a web-seed set up for those of you who use a client that utilizes web-seeding. The patch torrents can all be found at the <a href="http://www.oracleleague.com">Oracle League's</a> <a href="http://tracker.oracleleague.com">Torrent Tracker</a> site.

A Web-Seeding BitTorrent Client, BitTornado, can be found at <a href="/http://www.bittornado.com/">BitTornado.com</a>.

As with all BitTorrent based files, the more seeds you can connect to, the faster the download. Please stay connected when you finish to make the experience faster for everyone.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1149706295

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 18:53

Please please please, STAY CONNECTED when you finish downloading! The power of Bit Torrent is multiple seeds contributint to the overall health of the torrent.

Also, I am still uploading a few of the patches, so the web-seed may not have the patch you are looking for yet. If you connect to only one seed, that is my home connection, and it will be slow (to start)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2006, 19:50

I'm online with Shareaza with the patches for the English (EU) versions for standard and collector's edition. I will remain online for some time, so if you are linked to either eDonkey2000 or Gnutella1 or 2, do a search for HoMM5.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 19:53

hmm... I have Shareaza denied in the tracker... maybe I should change that.

Changed. No client is denied now.

Could you use the Oracle League tracker? Just download the torrent file and point it to the exe (not the zip) so that you become a seed there too =)
Edited on Wed, Jun 07 2006, 13:55 by Vision

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jun 2006, 19:59

Can't figure out how... could you meet me on MSN?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 20:02

Sure... was that you that added me? lol. I denied it cause I didnt know who it was

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Jun 2006, 21:45

Torrents are a great idea for files, we should do that for videos and demos too.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 23:02

I am already looking at ways to do it, and I can even give Celestial Heavens some of the seeding load if Angelspit doesnt mind installing the WebSeed php script (subdomaining it works best :p )

It can get a little... bandwidth heavy at times
Edited on Wed, Jun 07 2006, 17:04 by Vision

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Jun 2006, 23:22

Bittorrent tells me this:

[2006-06-08 09:19:38] "heroes_might_magic_5_eu_101.exe" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string

[2006-06-08 09:20:38] "heroes_might_magic_5_eu_101.exe" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string

Is that cause there's not enough seeds?

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 23:38

Thats weird. Someone was getting that error yesterday. It cleared up on its own without me doing anything, so I have no idea why.

I think it has to do with the tracker itself... it is web based, and I have already had to tweak it a little to allow it to even work at all. I will see what I can figure out about it, until then, all I can suggest is to keep trying... it did clear up on its own yesterday

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 23:41

That could also be due to the WebSeed entry in the torrent itself. What version of BitTorrent are you using?

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Jun 2006, 23:45

Latest, 4.4.1.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 07 Jun 2006, 23:55

Yeah, BitTorrent itself has some issues with the torrent files. BitTornado is more feature-rich, having both the default set of BitTorrent functionality and additional features (such as WebSeed capability) that have not been inserted into the main branch yet.

BitTornado (and many other clients) work fine with the torrent. I do suggest using BitTornado. It is simply amazing. As for the issues, not even I can get the file with BitTorrent itself, though it looks like people are able to connect fine with 3.4.2
Edited on Wed, Jun 07 2006, 17:59 by Vision

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 08 Jun 2006, 08:48

Can't get any seeds. :(

Does any one have an ED2K link for eMule?

Please...
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 08 Jun 2006, 10:09

If you use BitTornado or Azureus (a Java BT Client), you will be able to connect to TWO seeds that cannot be seen at tracker.oracleleague.com. The first is from a webseed at Oracle League, the second is a webseed at SaveHeroes.org

You must use BitTornado or Azureus to get those, and you must re-download the torrent files to get the two web seeds. Clients other than BitTornado or Azureus (the two best BitTorrent clients in my opinion) will not work unless they have webseed capabilities
Edited on Thu, Jun 08 2006, 04:43 by Vision

Return to “News”