Nival Answers

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Nival Answers

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Jun 2006, 12:00

People on the official forums are making a big fuss about the August part. But "no later than August" also includes June and July, and from what I read they seem confident to have it released before August. So, perhaps they should have said 'soon'.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Nival Answers

Unread postby Arzang » 04 Jun 2006, 12:27

as I said DL: I feel for people with dial-up. I guess dial-uppers could leach of someone wth broadband and then burn the patch or whatever.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Nival Answers

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Jun 2006, 12:31

Arzang wrote:as I said DL: I feel for people with dial-up. I guess dial-uppers could leach of someone wth broadband and then burn the patch or whatever.
Of course they can do that.But since they paid lots of money for the game,shouldnt they have free tech support and user friendly fixes?

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Nival Answers

Unread postby Arzang » 04 Jun 2006, 12:41

yes they should but the company can not do anything it takes. while the game may have been released in an unfinished state, demanding that the company somehow makes sure that the patches reach the consumers is too much.

sure some are on dial-up but it's not their fault. and if you can resume the download 8 hours shouldn't be that much.

what I'm trying to say is that it's not their fault that some people have dial-up. and maybe they have compressed it as much as they can?

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers

Unread postby addicted » 04 Jun 2006, 12:41

What, nival has to be bombed with flooded emails to implement an IP patch that should be fixed immediately, after all it was suppose to be supporting it already!!!! The 1st patch out 'soon', now what, is that the runaround the mulberry bush, again! What happened to next week (6-5-06)??? ... Map editor no 'later' than August, that sounds like an August release to me pushing it up a month, guess Fabrice was wrong on what he said in the forum 'content of the game', that the map editor would be released 'within' the 1st 2 months after H-V was release which should have been between now and july 23rd.. Everyone will have to wait for the 2nd patch to get new maps??? and how long is that wait on a 2nd patch, 4 months??? Oh well.. someday the game will be perfected (I hope) if everyone don't drop the game by growing too weary playing the waiting game..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Jun 2006, 12:57

Arzang wrote:yes they should but the company can not do anything it takes. while the game may have been released in an unfinished state, demanding that the company somehow makes sure that the patches reach the consumers is too much.

sure some are on dial-up but it's not their fault. and if you can resume the download 8 hours shouldn't be that much.

what I'm trying to say is that it's not their fault that some people have dial-up. and maybe they have compressed it as much as they can?
They shouldve made sure that game comes out finished,so that no patching is needed.They should release a fix for every bug as soon as its reported.This way patches would be small,and users can choose what bugs are the most annoying ones and need to be patched asap.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 12:59

Arzang wrote:"39 megs is nothing."

For bug fixes it is. They're apparently doing more then just bug fixes though. Which is kinda annoying seeing as they could release a bugfix patch faster and not make us wait so much.

Heck, modders fixed many things in a few hours, and they didn't know the game like the guys at Nival should.
Edited on Sun, Jun 04 2006, 07:02 by ThunderTitan
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Nival Answers

Unread postby Arzang » 04 Jun 2006, 13:10

every game should be released finished. but not even all console games are so expecting that from a company is expecting too much.

whether or not nival has a good patch/update policy is debatable. but the patch is here and while it doesn't have many details on what will be fixed I sincerely hope that a lot will be fixed.

and if not, there will probably be another patch. hopefully not as big.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 13:16

Arzang wrote:"but the patch is here"
Where?! Last I checked Soon™ didn't mean Now®.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 04 Jun 2006, 13:16

1. Did the modders fix the problems in every single language the game was released in? Maybe that's why they are so fast.

2. I remember a time in computer games when there were no patches and no multiplayer, so this all seems like whining to me.

3. Isn't it possible to call ubisoft and have them mail you the patch?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Patch

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 13:20

PhoenixReborn wrote:"2. I remember a time in computer games when there were no patches and no multiplayer, so this all seems like whining to me."
And there was a time when the killed people for being different... so when a Jew or a black person gets beat up by racist they shouldn't complain coz at least they didn't kill them?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 04 Jun 2006, 13:30

ThunderTitan wrote: And there was a time when the killed people for being different... so when a Jew or a black person gets beat up by racist they shouldn't complain coz at least they didn't kill them?
They have said they are releasing a patch. What more do you want?

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers

Unread postby JessieLC » 04 Jun 2006, 13:44

Okay...... again.........what's a Segmented Network????????????????????

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers

Unread postby JessieLC » 04 Jun 2006, 13:45

And who do we send all the SPAM to to get Direct IP??????????????????

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 04 Jun 2006, 13:54

JessieLC wrote:And who do we send all the SPAM to to get Direct IP??????????????????
I would like to know this, too.
And no map editor until August? After finishing the campaign there isn't much to do and by August there'll be plenty of other interests going on. I feel like I got asshandled again, unfortunately.
There were two valid options - either have enough content to play for ages or release a map editor with the game. This isn't one of them. I'm really glad the game is so moddable and grateful over the community that is morphing this title into something great, though. It just could be so much more if we had the editor already...

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Nival Answers

Unread postby Romanov77 » 04 Jun 2006, 14:00

Nival has to be dumped.

UBI needs to hire quality developers, not lazy unprofessional ones.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

midnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers

Unread postby midnight » 04 Jun 2006, 14:02

with centralised multi UBI has a chance of regulating the security keys (not sure if they check duplicated keys tho), soon as IP, all the cracked versions can use multi too, i'm guessing that is part of the reason.

My question on RMG is, will there be a beta test? There are hard core randomers (like me) who will give some feedback. In particular, is the RMG controlled by templates like for H3?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Jun 2006, 14:08

ThunderTitan wrote:Damn double post....

And someone posted after me, so I can't delete it..... anyone care to handle this... :devious:
Yes,can someone do that please? :devil:
PhoenixReborn wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: And there was a time when the killed people for being different... so when a Jew or a black person gets beat up by racist they shouldn't complain coz at least they didn't kill them?
They have said they are releasing a patch. What more do you want?
How about user friendlier policy?And games released finished?If no one whined,as you said,about things that need to be fixed,humanity would never prosper.We wouldnt even have fire.
PhoenixReborn wrote:1. Did the modders fix the problems in every single language the game was released in? Maybe that's why they are so fast.
Yes,you are right.How dare those modders?!Lets make that one guy that made the new gargoyle mod translate it into all of the available languages!I mean,if ubi/nival team can do this,so can he.
PhoenixReborn wrote: 3. Isn't it possible to call ubisoft and have them mail you the patch?
So,decide if you want to pay 8 hour phone call or a week long shipment.You paid $50 so you deserve to have that nice choice.

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers

Unread postby HealingAura » 04 Jun 2006, 14:15

keep in mind that they said "For the patch you are going to need non moded game"
Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Nival Answers

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Jun 2006, 14:32

If that's true, it's a good thing I've restrained myself from adding any mods to my game.
Edited on Sun, Jun 04 2006, 08:33 by Metathron
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “News”