Heroes V available to download?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 23 Mar 2005, 00:11

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1111522823

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 23 Mar 2005, 00:11

YES! S.T.E.A.M. was the first step and now the other options are following! One day there wont be any more gamestores. Only downloads which will cut off a great burden of the game industry.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 23 Mar 2005, 01:51

Personally, I really like printed manuals, so I would only download if it was a LOT cheaper, even if it meant waiting longer to get a game.
- Fnord

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 23 Mar 2005, 17:52

"While this is cool, a boxed copy still appeals more to me, especially when the digital download is no cheaper. "

More and more the boxed version is nothing more than the digital version pressed on to a cd anyway. Is there any real value in the box other than a reloadable media in case of crash new pc etc?

The only issue with the digital download for me is making a legal backup of that digital download. If that is possible, then I see no difference....

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 24 Mar 2005, 08:53

It's not S.T.E.A.M, it's just Steam. It's a rather mediocre system which Valve claims to be a major technological breakthrough. Even a student can write a more reliable program.

As for me, I'm not very enthusiastic since I have to pay 5 cents per MB of traffic, and it's much cheaper to buy a CD (in Russia a typical game costs roughly $3 per CD, even licensed copies) than to download a CD-worth of traffic.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 24 Mar 2005, 21:15

S.T.E.A.M. sounds cooler :p It may not be the best, but thanks to Valve, there will be less middlemen that steal the money.

If you could buy UK versions of the games in Russia then everybody in Scandinavia would place massorders. 30Kr for a game, sweet :)

Return to “News”