Heroes 5 Cheats Discovered!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 31 May 2006, 19:31

Thanks, LostZeit. This is very helpful. :) Looks like the Skill Wheel & Skill Chart will come in handy. Thanks again for this information.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 02 Jun 2006, 00:40

These kinda look like they are not worth it, I mean it definitely isn't like the previous cheats from HOMM, where they were basically purposely put there to enjoy, and they were simple one or two words. Here its like hacking into the game and stuff, oh wait, I guess thats what cheat codes are anyway.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Heroes 5 Cheats Discovered!

Unread postby HodgePodge » 02 Jun 2006, 20:39

CloudRiderX wrote:These kinda look like they are not worth it, I mean it definitely isn't like the previous cheats from HOMM, where they were basically purposely put there to enjoy, and they were simple one or two words. Here its like hacking into the game and stuff, oh wait, I guess thats what cheat codes are anyway.
Check out this thread & download Curio's document (Word Pad document). It lists each & every code for every Skill, along with all the Abilities & Artifacts.

They are easy to use & work perfectly.

For Your Cheating Pleasure!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Jun 2006, 12:49

Looking at the number of views, this has been a very popular and useful thread. :hail:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

IrishKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IrishKnight » 12 Jun 2006, 01:19

Hello all.. i did as the instructions said at the beginning of this post but cannot
activate the chat(the ~ doesnt do anything) any ideas?? thanks

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: .

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Jun 2006, 01:50

IrishKnight wrote:Hello all.. i did as the instructions said at the beginning of this post but cannot
activate the chat(the ~ doesnt do anything) any ideas?? thanks
as per DuRiel: For Your Cheating Pleasure! 02 Jun 2006 04:03

Search for this one:
"Ubisoft/Heroes 5/profiles/default_profile/input.cfg"

Now, open it with Notepad.

Find the following line in the text:
bind show_console '`'

Replace the ` with the key you want to be used for console.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Heroes 5 Cheats Discovered!

Unread postby addicted » 12 Jun 2006, 03:02

CloudRiderX wrote:These kinda look like they are not worth it, I mean it definitely isn't like the previous cheats from HOMM, where they were basically purposely put there to enjoy, and they were simple one or two words. Here its like hacking into the game and stuff, oh wait, I guess thats what cheat codes are anyway.
To me, changing or adding any file is a form of hacking. I personally don't think it's worth messing with any of the files in any way shape or form, and I for sure don't want to take a chance of messing up my game files but that's me, each to their own :D ... In the previous versions it wasn't really hacking to me because 3DO already had it implemented in the game and all you had to do was hit the tab key and type in the code. In H-V, it is also there but Nival/Ubi has this feature blocked. I totally agree with you on using the cheat codes the 'old way' and we could if Nival/Ubi would unblock it so we could use it. So I will hold out for hope and prayer Nival/Ubi opens the cheat codes back up and lets us use them the correct way... :D because I too want the cheat codes back... sometimes can't leave home without-um
;)
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Rion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoF

Unread postby Rion » 26 Dec 2006, 14:41

Tried to enable the cheats in HoF. Could anyone please give me a step-by-step instruction (something I miss in the documentation) on how to enable them?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: HoF

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 Dec 2006, 17:29

Rion wrote:Tried to enable the cheats in HoF. Could anyone please give me a step-by-step instruction (something I miss in the documentation) on how to enable them?
If you have upgraded to v 1.4 or have the expansion, HoF then you'll need to follow the instructions here:

How to Get the Console to Work in HoF

and here:

Curio's Cheating Guide

In any patch after v 1.1 and/or the HoF expansion, only the @CheatCommands() work.

Good Luck! :)

Rion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rion » 26 Dec 2006, 18:11

Thanks! :)
Please inform me if my sentences contains grammatical mistakes.

Rion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rion » 26 Dec 2006, 18:42

Still couldn't get i to work. :( Could someone please post a step-by-step guide explaining every single step in enabling the cheats?
Please inform me if my sentences contains grammatical mistakes.

Return to “News”