GameSpy Review Now Online

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
niteshade6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby niteshade6 » 27 May 2006, 01:04

number of maps doesn't bother me, H3 didn't have a lot of maps at first either and the ones they had were usually pretty boring. I'll take quality over quanitity any day....and in that area H5 comes out way ahead.

A cheating AI is annoying, but neither game had sufficient AI to make it worth playing a fair game. The fact that H5 has AI scripting to help get around that puts it miles ahead IMO.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 May 2006, 20:46

I think a 78% is fair. It's a good game but it does feel a bit incomplete at times. The game is a great first effort on Nival's part and I look forward to seeing how they handle expansions and future installments of the series.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Amgor II
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Amgor II » 27 May 2006, 21:47

What ever the end result ratings are for Heroes V so-called experts, or who-ever does it I can care less... I really like the game and waiting for more.

And for sure it better then playing Heroes 2, 3 and even 4 over and over again.
In the world of the Dead, its nice to be alive,I think.

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JessieLC » 28 May 2006, 00:45

If you look at all the HOMM versions, H3 got the best Reviews at least on Gamespot........H1 was a meer 7.5 ;H2 got 8.2, 6.9, H3 got 9.1,8.0, & 7.0; H4 got 8.8,7.0 & 6.7........then theres H5 which got an 8.2. So much for Reviews! its still the Guys/Gals that play the Games that really give the Best Info! but the thing that keeps me and my hubby coming back is Replayability as apposed to other Games that you go through once and thats it! Mods or no Mods! Its the New Maps and the Editors that keep people interested and coming back for more!

Hipshot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Hipshot » 28 May 2006, 23:19

I think most reviews has some good pointers in them. I strongly agree with the lack of contents in this game. And I feel that a average score of around 80-85% would be good for this game. I think Nival and Ubi knew that a score base like this was comming. Ubi had to see if the heroes series still was financially strong and seems it is, despite the metascore on like 80%. Heroes is a Hype in itself, it was years since a game with heroes came and alot of people bought this, the old timers loving heroes and the new commers that saw the graphics.

We will see both an Exp (maybe even two) and and now I'm most sure that we'll even get a H6, maybe in ~4 years or less... Ubi is a moneymaker, they know how to handle thier IPs to get the most out of them. Just look at the FarCry IP.
Edited on Sun, May 28 2006, 17:22 by Hipshot

Return to “News”