Songs of Conquest - Contest for Early Access Steam Keys

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 16 May 2022, 17:26

That's right folks. The good people over at Lavapotion, creators of the very anticipated Songs of Conquest has been kind enough to give us two extra Steam keys to give away. 

The rules to enter are simple. All you have to do is answer these two questions with a comment on this post: 

"Why would you like to play Songs of Conquest?"
(No one liners, please expand a bit.) 

"Which Songs of Conquest faction looks like it will end up as your favorite?" 

The contest will go on until Sunday, May 22nd 2022, 23:59 (GMT +2, Stockholm time). One entry per person. 2 winners will be picked out and announced on Monday May 23rd

While you're waiting for the contest to end or if you're just interested to know more about Songs of Conquest developers Lavapotion, or want to check out any of our Might and Magic-related interviews, go visit our YouTube: Celestial Heavens YouTube
(PS. I am working on the editing of the David Mullich interview, which should be ready soon now, if I just manage to overcome a little hurdle I've hit) 

Songs of Conquest on YouTubeSongs of Conquest YouTube

Celestial Heavens interview with Carl Toftfelt from Lavapotion (Lead Designer of Songs of Conquest):https://www.youtube.com/embed/eORLjiJknpI 

Good Luck everyone!
Add your comments here.

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Gelissean
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Songs of Conquest - Contest for Early Access Steam Keys

Unread postby Gelissean » 16 May 2022, 18:18

I'm a big fan of Heroes of Might and Magic, have been playing for over 20 years an I'm always interested in new entries in the genre

Barya for their strategy to strike first and strike hard, while being a bit squishier, and also their aesthetics
Last edited by Gelissean on 22 May 2022, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

Archer30
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archer30 » 17 May 2022, 09:03

Q: "Why would you like to play Songs of Conquest?"
A: Well, the concept of "A game inspired by HoMM 3" is always attractive to me, a 20 years H3 player and now a mod maker. I'd like to get to know about what interesting stuff has been created and get inspired by this new game (and possibly port some ideas to my mods :applause: ).

Q: Which Songs of Conquest faction looks like it will end up as your favourite?
A: Barony of Loth. The units look badass.

Cyborg Moses
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cyborg Moses » 17 May 2022, 23:20

Another first poster here, hoo boy!

I discovered Heroes of Might & Magic on installment 5, so I didn't get to go through the most praised games in the series when they were new and shiny; the prospect of a HoMM 3-inspired game with modern interface and graphics is pretty exciting!

It's got to be Barony of Loth. I hate to always go for the undead-oriented factions, but the secret society/cult angle sounds intriguing and you can't beat that unit aesthetic!

Flopsy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Flopsy » 19 May 2022, 06:27

First poster here like some others lol

I played so much homm back in the day solo and hot seating with my friend. Been getting ansy to play another style like that and love the look and feel of songs. Like the idea of mana with the units and been watching some people on twitch playing.

The Rena because of the chelun. Can't go wrong with the turtles!

boho
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boho » 20 May 2022, 00:58

I'm excited to see the indie renaissance the fantasy turn-based strategy genre is experiencing. After years of attempts to emulate Master of Magic, it seems like things are moving closer toward the HOMM/Age of Wonders spectrum. I've been casually following SoC's development and would like to be a little closer to its development and growth through Early Access.

Probably Rana (the lizardmen-style faction) or Loth (the undead). It all comes down to how they actually play though.

Dedric
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dedric » 20 May 2022, 11:11

I would like to play because I love turn-based strategy games and pixelarts. When I first heard about this game, I immediately remembered my childhood memories. I remember what a joy it was for me to go through the campaign (with a slight help from my father) in Heores 3 Restoration of Erathia after many repeated attempts. That's why I think Songs of Conquest can be a pleasant sentimental journey.

"Which Songs of Conquest faction looks like it will end up as your favorite"
I think my favorite faction will be Barony of Loth. Because I like the mechanics of resurrecting dead enemies.
Lost glory must be regained even if you have to use evil tricks like necromancy! Glory to the Loth!
Who wouldn't want to be powerful necromancers with the Skeleton Army?

huncyrus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby huncyrus » 20 May 2022, 20:18

I would like to play with the Arleon fraction, because in Homm3 I played a lot w/ Order/Archangels ;) And definitely would like to compare it and play this game with my family and friends. This game might fill a hole in multiplayer games, really would like to try it out. If there will be a nice map editor, then it seems a 'must buy' category.
I played all the faction in H3, but always lowed the Necro type too. I might end up on Arleon or Barony.

Jagulars
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jagulars » 21 May 2022, 16:56

To be honest, currently, I would not like to play Songs of Conquest. According to some of the reviews, playing against AI is an atrocious cheese festival. This is just a deal-breaker for me. Hopefully, it will improve over the course of the development, or perhaps I would enjoy multiplayer. I am quite intrigued by the novel magic/unit system, which has gained a lot of popularity, which is an achievement of its own considering how difficult it is to introduce completely new mechanics to the public, especially in a game funded by nostalgia.

"Which Songs of Conquest faction looks like it will end up as your favorite"
Barya. Their architecture is most appealing to me, and it strikes to me as high risk high reward -faction. I like tension and that mistakes hurt.
Last edited by Jagulars on 21 May 2022, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.

kitsune37
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kitsune37 » 22 May 2022, 08:18

I have a few friends that enjoy playing old heroes games on hot seat, so this could be a neat new addition. Currently not really interested of playing the game outside of that, but maybe once the game is fully released it will intrigue me more.

Rana, because dragon.... yep, it's that easy.

Xelab
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Xelab » 22 May 2022, 08:26

I'm a big HoMM 3 fan since it released in my childhood, both playing it alone and with my brother in hotseat. And in the recent years that passion was rekindled with HotA. I would like to play it due to it being a spiritual sucessor, I'm a fan of games with pixel art too.

Probably Barony of Loth because of the undead aesthetics, but it might change once I get to try out the different factions!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 May 2022, 06:09

Thanks for all your contributions. Contest winners will be announced later today!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 May 2022, 21:16

Hello, two winners are: Cyborg Moses & kitsune37. Please check your mails in a while. Thanks all for participation, if there will happen to be another contest, check our site and don't miss the chance!

For winners, you are encouraged to let us know your impressions from the game :applause:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “News”