Happy New Year 2021

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Happy New Year 2021

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 30 Dec 2020, 22:54

CelestialHeavens wish you happy New Year, crowned with success and health. There's short resume what happend in the land of Might & Magic and related parts:
  • (KB2) Planned release of Kings Bounty 2 was shifted to March 2021, it will be different one, with emphasis laid to cinematic story line.
  • (H3) Horn of the Abyss suffered grief lose of Docent Piccolan, a true reneissance man and leader of the project. Our condolences goes to his family and friends. Due to this unhappy event, Factory most likely won't be released at the end of the year as planned - but they may come with something else.
  • (H7) Heroes project Wryn Pendragon: Umbramancer was cancelled but don't worry as it was released as Community Mod, The Shadows over Ashan (TSoA). The Athmos weather systems is still available in separate download.
  • (H5) Legends of the Ancients have Book 3. And you are advised to play Book 1 & Book 2 and as last to install Book 3 and play just it. Quantomas is working on fixing that and also to employ here his new dreadful AI. The project homepage is here.
  • (Ubisoft) Might and Magic Heroes Online ended. Elemental Guardians out of development
  • (Ubisoft) The other ones are still living, and as of Era of Chaos is going they have Christmas - New Year Events, knowing Ubisoft it will be alike in other titles.
  • Heroes Orchestra made two nice last year online arrangments: The Dungeon Arrangment and Snow Theme from H2 and ask for help, you know they cannot make concerts in these times. So I'm resending their links to donate and merch (music CD or Heroes T-Shirt).
  • MadMax did outstanding job with video interviews featuring Tim Lang (Aeolwyn's Legacy developed by Dungeonbytes), Michael Wolf (Heroes 3 Level Designer) and Carl Toftfelt (Songs of Contest, developed by Lavapotion), you can find them all here at our YT account.
  • Verokster did one more GL Wrapper for Heroes IV, glory to him! As a reminder his previous wrappers (H2-3) can be also downloaded here. His Heroes 3 GL Wrapper is already part of HD Mod.
  • (H3) Era reached version 3.2. More about this WoG surpasser here. All ERM help included.
  • (H4) H4ResourceEditor moved a leaps forward, if you are H4 modder try that!
  • (MM) M&M 6,7,8 merge based on mm8 engine continually grows and have recently new graphic assets from jmaster
  • (CIV) If you are Civilization fan, you may also check for H3 and H2 mods where Blake participated and ask him questions. To my knowlede H3 is done and H2 is work in progress.
  • (H2) Free Heroes of Might and Magic II Resurrection is thirsting for life, very recently updated by sirDranik (This is a different mod than Free Heroes 2 Enhanced by ciplogic, which we informed about 2yrs ago and it's on hold, waiting for saviour.)
  • (CH) is having its own Discord. Image
We hope that 2021 will be fruitfull for all, bringing new ideas and finished products for these who are making games, as well as for these playing and enhancing upon them.

Let your dreams guide you! Image

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Happy New Year 2021

Unread postby Panda Tar » 31 Dec 2020, 03:46

Hoorrraaay! :hoo:

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 31 Dec 2020, 07:41

Lots of good stuff!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Dec 2020, 11:02

Happy New Year! :-D
May 2021 suck a bit less than 2020.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 31 Dec 2020, 17:52

Good riddance to 2020; 2021 has to be better. Doesn't it :S :libra:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Jan 2021, 10:59

Let's hope so Jeff :)
Happy New Year guys!
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Jan 2021, 05:53

Happy everyone! :-D

Still think it will be a 2020: part 2. Still, doesn't hurt to hope otherwise. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 03 Jan 2021, 12:50

Have a happy new year! Be safe, I wish you good fortune and health.

I don't think 2020 had only negative aspects. In fact, it made many more people aware of what matters in life.

Somehow I am optimistic about HoMM in 2021.

PS @Pol
Who dares to call my AI dreadful? I know it still needs work, but dreadful? ;)
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jan 2021, 11:03

@Quantomas
This is for what I love ambiquous words. :D

Now, once you will reach the Holy Grail of perfect AI, you will face even harder challenge.

And that's to imprint it some human personality (ies) to be tricky, playful and doing some bugs. :tongue:

Otherwise, who would like to play with perfect AI?

Dread King, that's for word reference.

Are there any other AI projects, of which you are aware?

@All
I didn't noticed any further announcements from HotA Team for a new release update schedule.

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 12 Jan 2021, 12:30

There are of course other AI mods like SCS (https://www.gibberlings3.net/) or the TB mod for Pathfinder: Kingmaker that led to the game be overhauled by the devs themselves, but there is nothing on the scale of what I am attempting. It is simply too much work, and the fundamental innovations really needed doing, i.e. nobody in the world has them yet. Well, that is except us, these come with the final bit of the project completed, maybe in three months (no promises though).

Giving the AI personalities is easy and already planned, like making orc heroes aggressive and reckless. No worries about the AI being too difficult, there will be a proper difficulty slider that you can choose how strong your opponents are. Compared to the rest of the work, this is easy.
Last edited by Quantomas on 12 Jan 2021, 12:36, edited 2 times in total.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

Return to “News”