Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 15 Sep 2020, 10:56

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/2H7O9cdc4aE

Tim Lang, lead designer of Might and Magic IX and owner of DungeonByte sits down together with Max Ygdell (HeroOfPunk) from Celestial Heavens to discuss the legacy of the Might and Magic games, retro gaming, Star Wars and hockey in this down to earth interview.
Enjoy!

Please let us know what you thought in the comments!

New interview is being schedueled!

Celestial Heavens is currently working on schedueling our next interview. Our next guess has worked as a level designer of the glorious Heroes of Might and Magic III.

What questions do you want us to ask for our next interview?
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

Unread postby JSE » 15 Sep 2020, 20:09

Wow! As much as I liked the first part, the second one is even more energetic. :) We learn a couple of really interesting details about NWC's plans for M&M 10 (which were news to me at least), and there is some controversial stuff in there as well -- like Tim's views on the Ubi era M&M games.

Overall, a fantastic first interview for this new channel! :tsup: Great to hear you already have a second one planned.

For that, I have just one question that comes to my mind at the moment (I might add more later):

What was your general approach when designing scenarios or campaigns for Heroes 3? Did you usually plan the map out beforehand and make sketches on paper, or did you immediately go to the editor and designed the map as you went along.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2020, 20:38

Cool! :)

I was wondering why the world was so small, actually. You would only expand on others' territory, but the world had no unexplored or uncontrolled continents, lands per se, really small parts, if any. There was always someone already there. And this snippet affected levels and campaigns, which could broaden the entire universe in many ways. I would like to know, if there was a plan of making the world more realistic regarding this subject.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 16 Sep 2020, 06:22

This interview was amazing! I really admired how in-depth Tim's answers were. His stories were great to listen to.

I'm definitely looking forward to future interviews!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Sep 2020, 21:45

Excellent! And I want that hockey photo :D

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 19 Sep 2020, 11:46

This is truly an excellent way to bring back an audience for CH. Great original content is always a goto.

Now, I only have to find the time to watch the interview in full, which I certainly will!

Regarding a question for the next interview:
What approach did you use to make the AI support the way you wanted a map to play out?
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 04 Oct 2020, 16:57

Addendum: CH's fame spreads. https://www.rpgwatch.com/#44622 This is the right strategy.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

Return to “News”