M&M: Dynasty Tweeted

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

M&M: Dynasty Tweeted

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 11 Sep 2020, 21:16

Recently, a Twitter account dedicated to "Might & Magic: Dynasty" appeared. There's not much info there yet, but it mentions such things as "strategic turn-based battles" and three factions from the world of Ashan: Haven, Dungeon and Stronghold. You can keep up with the Twitter account @DynastyMight here.

Read full article...
Last edited by Pol on 12 Sep 2020, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: M&M: Dynasty Tweeted

Unread postby Pol » 11 Sep 2020, 22:41

It clearly follows EoC strategy, hopefully it won't take years to launch here. In China the game is running for quite some time. See the page:
http://h.longtugame.com/t2/247/4958.html
(LongTu Game + Ubisoft)

Yes, it's mobile game only, again.
M&M Dynasty - Twitter wrote: My Lords,
What really makes MMD? Let's take a look.

#1 - Strategic Turn-based Battles
#2 - Multiple Factions
#3 - Build Your Capital City
I really like like they did Queen Catherine :D
(Apart fact, that's completely someone else)
Last edited by Pol on 11 Sep 2020, 22:56, edited 3 times in total.

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 12 Sep 2020, 03:03

Oh boy... Another mobile game set on Ashan...

As long as these two words remain in the description of an M&M game, we know it probably won't be good.

What a terrible fate for the once greatest franchise in the history of computer gaming... :(

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Sep 2020, 14:01

Yeah, felt pretty much dismayed, again. I don't know how they manage that. :cry: Almost all heroes are humans, no matter which faction. They say it's turn-based, but not far, in another twit, they mention real-time battles, so what interpretation comes from that? 3 factions available so far, 20 unique creatures! (they wrote as if that was a blast) Collect heroes! (now that's the thing) And don't forget to gimme mony! (implicit everywhere) :drama:

... this time I won't even try it. The only thing that could be worst would be EA buying Ubi.
I really like like they did Queen Catherine :D
Apart the fact that all of them look as if they have never seen battle. :lol:
Last edited by Panda Tar on 14 Sep 2020, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Sep 2020, 14:26

A 15 year-old Catherine, so we're getting an origin story apparently. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Sep 2020, 13:36

There are some videos on Youtube. Some date back to 10 months ago (and have a Chinese UI and voiceover), while others (in English) appeared two weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 3A+Dynasty

The game is for Android and iOS.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2020, 16:39

To be fair, it looks better than H7. And that's probably a bait. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 17 Sep 2020, 06:10

JSE wrote:Oh boy... Another mobile game set on Ashan...

As long as these two words remain in the description of an M&M game, we know it probably won't be good.

What a terrible fate for the once greatest franchise in the history of computer gaming... :(
Yup.. pretty much echoes my sentiments. Rolled my eyes and groaned when I saw the news. Although I just watched a video of it and it doesn't look half bad.. kind of impressed actually.. if only there was non mobile version without all the microtransaction cr*p!
Panda Tar wrote:The only thing that could be worst would be EA buying Ubi.
10+ years ago yeah sure but considering the recent excellent PC C&C remasters 'modern EA' seems to be doing better job with old licenses than Ubi lol! Ubi is going to exploit M&M for years to come in every chinese mobile game format it can think of instead of actually giving the fans what they want lol.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 17 Sep 2020, 15:58

Blake wrote:Although I just watched a video of it and it doesn't look half bad.. kind of impressed actually..
Okay... I can understand that from a purely technical standpoint. The graphics are quite good for a mobile game.

As for everything else, though, the videos confirm what I had feared: Dynasty looks exactly like a watered-down version of the Ubi era Heroes games -- with their bloated skill wheels, heavily cut down resources (like in Heroes 6), and the unnecessary combat shenanigans. Stylistically, it's the same story: mostly recycled music and sound effects and that terrible art style mixing Warhammer and anime aesthetics.

These are all the elements that put me off the Ubi M&M games.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Sep 2020, 21:38

Plus, micro transactions, hohohoho. That 'gorgeous' battle gameplay is a bait, purely still. A lot of things based on actual time to be done (like buildings) ... these things scream: Boost me! Only 2,99!

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 18 Sep 2020, 05:25

Panda Tar wrote:Plus, micro transactions, hohohoho. That 'gorgeous' battle gameplay is a bait, purely still. A lot of things based on actual time to be done (like buildings) ... these things scream: Boost me! Only 2,99!
Yup THAT is what puts me off ever bothering with it.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 18 Sep 2020, 23:52

Yet another dumb chinese mobile game? :wall: Does Ubisoft NOT have any developers in the west anymore?

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 19 Sep 2020, 00:06

Aren't these just the same Heroes VI and VII models? I would recognize the crappy new Basilisk with the Goblin rider anywhere. And the Dungeon has the Heroes VI "50 shades of purple" look.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Sep 2020, 16:46

Yeah, reused assets, songs, consumers, everything in a single package.

Return to “News”