Euthia: Torments of Ressurection, Tabletop game on Kickstarter

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Euthia: Torments of Ressurection, Tabletop game on Kickstarter

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 10 May 2020, 09:03

"An Epic Competitive Board Game Inspired by RPG Video Game Classics. For 1-4 Players."

The game is already funded at Kickstarter Image Of course, you can still join. Check in following videos what is that about.

Need to say, that game was first released a year ago, at our small CZ market. So it's well playtested. And now it's being released again, worldwide.

If you would like to test it, you can check it at Tabletopia, see links at the bottom.

Maps are random, pick your hero, and in the end, if you survive, you have the honour to fight the dragon. This will take you time to learn ;)

The game looks great, for US$ 95+ (6kg) box you can get also figurines to paint, for a bit more they offer a STL files to print them yourself at 3D printer. And you can't die here, which comes with a price.

Euthia: Torment of Resurrection is a competitive strategic role-playing board game set in an open fantasy world. Players choose one of five heroes and uncover a modular map full of quests, precious natural resources, and dangerous enemies. The heroes gain experience, learn unique skills, obtain new equipment and treasure, and explore places of elemental power.  

ManVsMeeple Review:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/f-tG31OHnRo

ON TABLE Gry Planszowe (PL) review:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOQGY-14emY

Interview with the game author in czech, use google translate to get a bit from it.

Links:  Web - Diary | FB | Kickstarter | Try it at Tabletopia!
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Chief of Honour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Euthia: Torments of Ressurection, Tabletop game on Kickstarter

Unread postby Chief of Honour » 10 May 2020, 12:12

Is there any connection between this and HoMM?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 May 2020, 21:40

No. This is not HoMM game. But it's the same genre, with RPG and D&D in its roots.

There are more tabletop games remotely inspired by MM, and almost all of them by D&D. When something interesting pop-in, I'm trying to cover them. ;)

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 19 May 2020, 16:30

I guess we are this starved for content that a tabletop game not even remotely similar to HOMM is now getting a news post?
I dunno guys. If anything, then you should start covering other turn based startegy games then. Age of Wonders Planetfall is releasing another expansion soon, and XCOM Chimera Squad just came out, for example.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 May 2020, 18:56

We were always covering some stuff above M&M. It's not surprising. If you would look really carefully, you would find some concept similarities. Which is why it was mentioned. (Of course, not in game mechanic.) And brought into discussion. Though I admit that I brought it here mostly for inspiration. It's a beautiful game and example how it can be done. From zero, without buying any licence. ;)

We even hosted tabletop like heroes game in the past. Even if I'm not aware being it released. You can find some mentions about it scattered in our forums.

Hungry or not, Ubisoft will never release Heroes VIII. Their main line is Era of Chaos now, and this is where goes most of their focus. I'm not here to decide if it's good or bad.

Which leave us with mods+modding, new heroes mobile gaming and history uncovering.

PS It's funny that you had come with X-COM Chimera Squad, cuz I have it already noted. But there is no similarity. If you would like to share some info about it, cuz I have no time for exploring it, you are welcome to post about it in the Hall of Heretics :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “News”