Kings Bounty II. - Devs Diary 2

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Kings Bounty II. - Devs Diary 2

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 29 Mar 2020, 00:16

Second Dev Diary is here. You can see more from the team, creation process and shaping the game. Also some short memory line, to put it into context.

Still in very early phase of Dev Diary. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aki19o0iHW8
FB Link
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Kings Bounty II. - Devs Diary 2

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 03 Apr 2020, 22:39

Not much more shown, this was mostly about the previous games. I see they (thankfully) did not mention the two "sequels" (more like mods) after Armored Princess/Crossworlds...
Heh, almost forgot the first game had a time limit. Has been a while since I played it.
Still have not seen much from the new game that I like. That one battle scene shown makes it seem like they brought back simultaneous attacks of units, same as Heroes of Might and Magic IV, as both units attacked each other at the same time.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Apr 2020, 07:49

Guess it will take more Dev Diaries to show real in game stuff. Devs. usually reveal history, concepts, story, perks and real game comes as a last. I wouldn't be surprised, if final product could wary from what they what they were showing in Cologne. But I wasn't here so cannot tell.

If they focus on video, we will see some teasers very soon. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 04 Apr 2020, 21:04

Pol is right, they didn't show anything. :tsdown:

Chief of Honour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chief of Honour » 07 Apr 2020, 08:54

The announcement, and the follow up, of KBII was a real roller-coaster for me. When it was announced I was more than delighted. As I read on about, and saw, what they were planning and doing, I soon headed for the ground. I have been waiting for HKII for years, but now I really don't care. To me it seems that they have done just baout everything wrong.
Hopefully, time to show that I am wrong and the game is great, but I doubt it. Let-down of the year!.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Apr 2020, 19:57

They want to make a new genre of video game. There we have something like that, many years ago (Expo 67'), only it was a movie. They called it kinobox. The movie was having several ways how to continue and how to end. At some moment it stopped and viewers voted by phone for what will happen next, from given possibilities. Then, it was a great fun.

So there's no reason to give up on. But no doubt, that it will be different genre. Or semi genre. I love that they take it very seriously.

I have quite an old PC right now, however I can add here a grahpic card, so may try that game, once. Out of curiosity. However would be delighted if someone do that much sooner. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “News”