Heroes V is Out!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Labyrinth » 17 May 2006, 12:13

"(and who is that you're chatting with in the background, eh?)

What, you think that shot & it's "background" just happened to be an accident? :D"

I'd call it something like a "semi-accident" ;)

It was not all planned.

By the way, guys, since the last versions the game is still more polished, and far more optimized! I can drag the cam down as far the restraits allow - without any lag. Switching between ground/underground and into towns is darn fast as well, now. (Remember those 8 seconds in last year's E3 video? O_o) For me it takes like *up to* half a second at the very most, which feels quite quick.

Also, all buttons are responsive like never before.

Adventure map resources for crystal and gems have changed a bit; mercury has changed much (in terms of color); Gems are all blue now in the resource bar.

The loading bar has changed a bit as well.

Of course that's all just visuals without such a great impact on the game - that's because I can't tell more about technical stuff, mechanics etc. now, as I'm still playing the haven chapter of the campaign.

PS: And I think the intro video is awesome! Of course it is not all perfect, partly skin, movement animations and similar stuff don't look exactly *that* natural. But this Devil RULES so much! He really scary and impressive... I love it. :)
Edited on Wed, May 17 2006, 06:15 by Jerrie
What the #$*! do we know?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 May 2006, 12:40

Reading all this makes it really hard to restrain myself from ordering it... Must... stay... focused! Must take care of exams first! :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 May 2006, 12:43

Gaaaah! The sites I always order games from have only regular version, well one have the CE but cant order it yet why are they so slow, cant wait any longer.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby wimfrits » 17 May 2006, 12:47

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Jerrie wrote:
Note Fabrice's signature :) http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/p ... nature.jpg
Funny, I had that on my box as well :D (and who is that you're chatting with in the background, eh?)
I didn't get a signed version :|
Not fair! :cry:

Anyway, just received the package and am having fun playing so far.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 17 May 2006, 13:52

theLuckyDragon wrote:Reading all this makes it really hard to restrain myself from ordering it... Must... stay... focused! Must take care of exams first! :)
:S

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 17 May 2006, 14:03

HodgePodge wrote:
Angelspit wrote:I just finished the first map and the game is very enjoyable. The interface has been greatly polished, the game runs better than ever, I don't have any sound problem anymore. And most importantly, it's fun.
You got yours already? I thought that North America's games weren't shipping until tomorrow, then two more days wait to receive it? Well I guess I waited this long …
Well, I'm not surprised that certain people got theirs early. At least not after I was surprised (pleasantly so!) when I got home yesterday and found a package waiting for me :-D

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby infael » 17 May 2006, 14:05

I would have gotten mine yesterday but UBI forgot my apt address. Luckily Fedex called and got my addy today and will deliver today.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 17 May 2006, 14:45

^ No problem, i'll rewrite this one :P

I'll buy Homm5 as soon as I can, but hold off playing it until I've got a break at uni and I need a break with my other game, Oblivion (brilliant rpg, dare I say the best ever, check it out if you like fantasy rpgs). Looking forward to reading some reviews though, what kind of flaws are people referring to btw? bugs (which can be fixed) or gameplay things?

Edited on Wed, May 17 2006, 09:11 by Lord_Haart

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Continuity » 17 May 2006, 17:24

Got mine too. Awesome. Haven't gotten that far yet, just starting the Inferno campaign.

mariulka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby mariulka » 17 May 2006, 18:23

i'm still hopping that there will be all heroes complete,i would buy that at once

anakha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby anakha » 17 May 2006, 19:40

if ubisoft had mailed the package normally instead of trying to deliver it at my home in the middle of the day by fed ex while I'm at work, then I might have had the game already... now I have to hope for tomorrow

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby dark raider » 17 May 2006, 21:56

does anyone know what the final system requirements are for the game??

Macke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Macke » 18 May 2006, 06:15

Mine arrived at the postoffice yesterday. Won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Going to be a nice weekend in sweden. :)

Gyx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Gyx » 18 May 2006, 07:03

I received my copy tuesday! It looks great and has a nice touch. I skipped all the tests, so this truely is my first experience with Heroes V. I think it takes a while to get used to the whole 3D environment, but it looks so much better! By the way, I really missed the good old autosave. Does anyone know if that feature has been left out? Constantly pressing F6 every turn gets a bit tedious....

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 May 2006, 08:04

I belive you can tuyrn it on in the options somewhere. In my experience, it slows the game down rather badly...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Labyrinth » 18 May 2006, 10:06

"i'm still hopping that there will be all heroes complete,i would buy that at once"

Like this: ?

http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/uk/ima ... shot_s.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 61-4696754
What the #$*! do we know?

El Cid
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby El Cid » 18 May 2006, 12:54

Game reqs haven't been changed as far as I know.

Unfortunately it doesn't run on my laptop like the 0.9 demo doesn't run.

Config: 756Megs of Ram, 1.4 GHz, 32MB Ati Radeon 7500.

Menu anim runs smoothly, duel is working well, but when adventure map want's to come up the game quits. :(

Maybe a patch could help...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 May 2006, 12:57

Check out the H5 FAQs for system requirements.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 18 May 2006, 13:37

Alright, Heroes 5 at last! Can't wait to get it, I am so glad the Heroes series is still going.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 18 May 2006, 15:11

Gyx wrote:I received my copy tuesday! It looks great and has a nice touch. I skipped all the tests, so this truely is my first experience with Heroes V. I think it takes a while to get used to the whole 3D environment, but it looks so much better! By the way, I really missed the good old autosave. Does anyone know if that feature has been left out? Constantly pressing F6 every turn gets a bit tedious....
There is an option for autosave- and it saves 3 of them, cyclicly!
(i.e.: Autosave 1 on day 1, autosave 2 on day 2, autosave 3 on day 3, autosave 1 on day 4, autosave 2 on day 5, . . .)
:tsup:

Return to “News”