MM: Chess Royale Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

MM: Chess Royale Announced

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 14 Jan 2020, 15:04

ImageUbisoft announced new loose mobile spin-off game Might and Magic: Chess Royale.

This will be quick autobattler, with each round taking 10mins and 100 players. And just one winner. Image

The key will be lying in units combo. 

Release date is scheduled at January 30 2020.

And it will be available for Android and iOS.Pre-registration is already opened. Meanwhile they are testing it thoroughly in Early Access program.

Gameplay video:
(From Early Access)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q3So_ykYboQ

Official game pages:
MM: Chess Royale

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Re: MM: Chess Royale Announced

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 14 Jan 2020, 19:31

Seriously. Yet another real time nonsense without any real startegy in it. It's like Ubisoft doesn't know nor want to do anything with this franchise. Also, they are just reusing character models from VI, it seems.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 15 Jan 2020, 05:42

I have no idea what is going on there, but if it is a mobile game it is automatically terrible to me. Pass.
Last edited by mr.hackcrag on 15 Jan 2020, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jan 2020, 10:01

nor want to do anything with this franchise
They burned twice, lacking vision. So, perhaps, that's better that they don't push with main part of the franchise?

They keep spiders for necro. And there it seems, that first they created spider as a mark for necro. Like each faction needs one and skull is already taken in WH. And then the legend about "spiders cult".

Lazy.
Last edited by Pol on 15 Jan 2020, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 19 Jan 2020, 00:20

The whole spider Necropolis thing was Ubisoft's idea from VI already, same as how they turned Dungeon into cliche dark elves in V. Heroes used to be D&D-style classic fantasy and you would not even recognize the designs today, being a mix of Warhammer, anime and Warcraft. I frankly never finished Heroes V. I updated my PC to be able to play it, and my resolve petered out during the Dungeon campaign.
About this game, the fact "autobattler" is a category of games that exists just... saddens me. Thank goodness that stuff like Clash of Heroes still exists on mobiles. Or that someone did a nice emulator that lets you play HOMM II on it!
If Ubisoft really wants to hit it big, they should use the remastered HOMMIII and port it to mobile. Can be done, there are already emulated versions.
mr.hackcrag wrote:I have no idea what is going on there, but if it is a mobile game it is automatically terrible to me. Pass.
Yes it is a mobile game.
It's basically just consists of tossing your units out on a chessboard and then the game plays itself. Y'know, because why teach today's kids stuff like strategy and patience? I weep for this generation...

The only thing that intrigued me was that I saw a hero portrait that looked like a Gnoll. I was elated that maybe Fortress is back, but then I saw the Dwarf Fortress units and suddenly remembered that they turned Gnolls into Stronghold/Barbarian units in VII...
Last edited by BB Shockwave on 19 Jan 2020, 00:27, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “News”