Fate of Heroes

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Caliostro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Fate of Heroes

Unread postby Caliostro » 09 Jun 2019, 04:10

Hi. I hope following text is readable)
The E3 exhibition is approaching. Ubisoft will present their gaming innovations. Among the announcements there are no games for our beloved universe, which is not surprising. The HoMM series is in stagnation, and there are no new decent works on the horizon. Such hopelessness is the worst thing that can happen to a game. Fanbase is still strong, but it is melting every year for natural reasons, and the growth of new fans goes to +0 per week. Perhaps it is time for the very "huge community of Heroes" to remind about themselves and the franchise?
The plan is simple. We will raise as many fans as possible and visit Ubi streams with a call to determine the fate of the Heroes (politely, without fanaticism). Will franchise be given to the mercy of the Chinese mobile dragon (HoMM Era of Chaos)? Maybe HoMM will go into the hands of Microsoft? Maybe Ubi has their own plans?
E3 will perform as a rehearsal before the August Gamescom. It is at Gamescom the main calculation of this action. But at E3 we will gain experience for a more successful campaign in the future.
Naturally, you should not expect instant results, but I want to remind you that in 2020 HoMM series will be 25 years old. And by this date, Ubi will be able to prepare their answer.
What are your thoughts?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Fate of Heroes

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jun 2019, 08:12

Support given to our beloved franchise sounds nicely. But..they are simply lacking some sound idea maker/s. So they have teams and everything and not a single person who could handle it with vision, including game design and sales model.

This needs to be cleared first and I'm afraid that Ubi don't care. As this doesn't fit in their game creating concept. As far as I'm aware, they already cancelled games under M&M mark and the only part which is now living, is in China and on the mobile as Elemental Guardians. Which, from my view, just bear the mark. And no spirit.

To folk on E3 is a good idea but I don't believe that it will move them.

In case that they are waiting, it's all good. In a very wild and optimistic speculation, JVC can bought it back. But certainly not for a "current" full price. It will not work without some good will and good deal from the side of Ubi. This may be a win-win scenario for all sides though.

At this moment, we should pay attention to Quantomas, for his AI. This is the revolution, happening now.

As for HotA, HoMM5.5, ERA/WoG this is an evolution, where it pays to pay attention too, for many excellent ideas.
Last edited by Pol on 09 Jun 2019, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Caliostro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Caliostro » 09 Jun 2019, 11:44

These modifications are great, but who will know about them aside from fans? Its good, when the game grows deeper, but it should grow longer too. Eventually, we just want to show, that we are interested in future of Heroes. Even if this future belongs to China.

Caliostro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Caliostro » 10 Jun 2019, 13:20

"The Fate of Heroes"
There are a few hours left before the broadcast of Ubisoft. So, the moment of the action is nearing.
For better coordination of the participants' actions, we created a Discord server: https://discord.gg/aDCCfJr (the server is supposed to be multinational, so don’t be surprised if you see another languages).
For those who want to help, but do not want or can not join Discord, here are the links to the broadcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKbKx2JHQ8s
https://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft
Last edited by Caliostro on 10 Jun 2019, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”