New object package for H4

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: New object package for H4

Unread postby Karmakeld » 30 Jun 2018, 10:10

Pol wrote:Stumpy PC, what went wrong with it?
Not sure, itself I think. Had so many issues with it. But recent issue was that it took forever to load my desktop, it basically wouldn't get beyond the upstart and actually allow me the click any icons, it would just keep 'thinking'. After several restarts it starting blinking blue screen every x second or so. Now I've rebooted it to former state and that seemed to have worked, just gotta reinstall all my programs once again... in the meantime I got well too, but laying sick for 2 days and you can't even use your laptop, now that's simply just no fun... so hopefully sometime today or tomorrow I'll get to it...
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Jul 2018, 20:28

Notebook, does it have integrated some memory and hdd test? Or it could be other issue like well, mostly power or just a software but you should take a look for sure.

When it almost boot, it should be noted within event.log, just typ "eventvwr" into Run or Start. Give it a time and either look or create custom filter for "Error". It could been here, or not. But if yes, it may be quite helpful.
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rmi ... filtering/

Don't worry, even normally there can be hundred of errors - although the same - and your system is working file. Many permissions errors or timeout are just a blah. It depends on app or driver.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 27 Sep 2018, 20:33

Panda Tar wrote:So, any luck? :)
Yeah finally got to look into it, and I found that Gimp (at least newest version) has an angle measuring tool, would you believe it... :|
So I should get to fix the Cliff's Nest eventually.. but currently I found some screenshots of unreleased Equilibris Creature Dwellings, so I'm attempting to animate those :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Sep 2018, 22:55

All in due time. ;)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Sep 2018, 06:21

Karmakeld wrote: [Yeah finally got to look into it, and I found that Gimp (at least newest version) has an angle measuring tool, would you believe it... :|
So I should get to fix the Cliff's Nest eventually.. but currently I found some screenshots of unreleased Equilibris Creature Dwellings, so I'm attempting to animate those :D
Could that be the Liches they demoed years ago.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 29 Sep 2018, 19:08

jeff wrote:
Karmakeld wrote: [Yeah finally got to look into it, and I found that Gimp (at least newest version) has an angle measuring tool, would you believe it... :|
Could that be the Liches they demoed years ago.
Liches were a creature change, using the Baron Von Tarkin skin. For the moment being, we still can't add new stuff until someone learns how to add dll files to the game.
Liches can be made - NimoStar did test this with success - but it will have to replace an existing creature :/
So no, these are already coded DWELLINGS, which were just never added in any of the official versions. There are 3 creatures which doesn't have a dwelling where they can be recruited. It's those ;)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “News”