H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 26 Apr 2016, 23:07

The first expansion to Heroes VII has been announced. Given the title "Trial by Fire", it will be a stand-alone expansion featuring The Fortress faction with their Dwarven rune magic. Set for release on June 2nd, it will also offer players 6 new skirmish maps and 2 bonus scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray.

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced

Unread postby Danny » 27 Apr 2016, 04:00

So not only they are not abandoning the game, they are pulling the same kinda expansion for H7 as H5. Thought they would have went with Inferno but it's true Fortress was absent for the longest.

Release date is quite close which also makes one wonder, H6 expansion got a long delay and was out almost 1.5 years after the original game.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Apr 2016, 09:07

H6 didn't have a developer team after Black Hole went out off business.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Apr 2016, 10:19

Well, they had Limbic and Virtuos who came in to save what could be saved. But yeah, I'm also slightly encouraged by this continued work on the game.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 27 Apr 2016, 17:01

Yes!!!

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 27 Apr 2016, 19:56

Not all at once guys! Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Apr 2016, 20:24

Finally!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 27 Apr 2016, 20:27

and 2 bonus scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray
errr.. 8| Are we talking 2 previously unmentioned scenarios here? Likely not - I assume they're talking about the 2 Lost Tales of Axeoth maps, which they've just released. Oh well, why not continue the path of releasing 'already existing content in new wrappings'

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 27 Apr 2016, 20:40

Karmakeld wrote:errr.. 8| Are we talking 2 previously unmentioned scenarios here?
I was wondering this myself..

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 28 Apr 2016, 01:38

Karmakeld wrote:
and 2 bonus scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray
errr.. 8| Are we talking 2 previously unmentioned scenarios here? Likely not - I assume they're talking about the 2 Lost Tales of Axeoth maps, which they've just released. Oh well, why not continue the path of releasing 'already existing content in new wrappings'
Yeah, I was puzzled by that myself. They are probably referring to the same thing. I guess there's not a whole new lot that they could mention in the announcement. It's one new tribe, probably a few new heroes and maybe a few new artifacts and adventure objects.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 28 Apr 2016, 05:46

Given the absymal sales of the game, I am surprised they bother with this. Guess Ubi has money to waste.
Big pass, much like in H5 I hated this all-dwarf town. Borrrring. Gimme back my cool H3 Fortress or bust.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 28 Apr 2016, 05:48

Also, wow that Dwarven town... Hey Ubi, Bioware called, they want their Dragon Age Origins Orzammar designs back.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Apr 2016, 08:46

BB Shockwave wrote:Gimme back my cool H3 Fortress or bust.
But you will have your cool Fortress. :P

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 28 Apr 2016, 12:37

BB Shockwave wrote:Given the absymal sales of the game, I am surprised they bother with this. Guess Ubi has money to waste.
Big pass, much like in H5 I hated this all-dwarf town. Borrrring. Gimme back my cool H3 Fortress or bust.
The money comes from us/ you. As well as me.

Frankly I don't think the dwarf town matters as much as the fact that the game is not immersive.

Thanks to 1.18 patch clearing up some game breaking bugs, I am still playing the game. But I just want to finish Ivan's campaign, that final one where he takes Horncrest, as well as that Dogwoggle campaign. Only then will I feel happy about deleting H7 permanently from my computer. At least I would have the right to say that I finished H7.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 28 Apr 2016, 20:57

Cjlee, you'd need to also complete the second of the two bonus original Scenario maps, the Unity campaign. Hmm.. It is odd though, that they call the campaigns 'Scenario maps' and not campaigns.. But I think you're right Hellegennes, they most likely lacked something to announce, within the announcement. Also quite curious to see if any new heroes, will see their return from H5. I see that they're still riding bears, so perhaps they'll be (re-)using the same troops as well. That would surely be in the spirit of H7 :-D
As they say, 'please recycle' :applause:

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 28 Apr 2016, 22:10

BB Shockwave wrote:Given the absymal sales of the game, I am surprised they bother with this. Guess Ubi has money to waste.
Money to waste? If that was true, they would have spent at least a bit for a proper animated intro; or several other things for that matter.

No, the cost of releasing this expansion was probably minimal. They already had an associated audio track for Fortress and they had the faction designed down to the abilities and their artwork. An early script for a campaign story was probably written beforehand as well. All they had to do was to create the 3D models and code the faction. That's why it is released so soon.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 01 May 2016, 00:54

hellegennes wrote:That's why it is released so soon.

That's all we need to know regarding a Ubisoft product.

That's why we can't touch it until at least a few months have passed and the worst bugs are removed.

prokurors
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby prokurors » 08 May 2016, 11:09

Hmmm, I just wander if they could make AI at least reasonably able.... or most likely it's not necessary, because "everybody" plays multiplayer nowadays.

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 22 May 2016, 18:59

Yeah I knew there would be a delay...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 22 May 2016, 21:12

Well, at least that's a good sign.