Good Deals For Christmas?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Good Deals For Christmas?

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 13 Dec 2015, 13:03

I'm grazing the Internet and looking for good deals for Christmas; it is customary for shops (both online and retail) to have sales in December since they are looking to take advantage of people's shopping sprees, and because they don't want to have superfluous stock as the year ends.

So far I have found the ultimate edition of GalCiv II available for a pittance (-75%) at GOG.com, so if you're into space exploration and strategy games, you should pick that up. The Space Quest series (1-3 and 4-6) is also available; retro games, yes, but absolute classics. You're probably wondering what GOG can offer in the way of M&M related games? In fact, there are lots of Heroes games available at -75%: Heroes IHeroes II gold, Heroes III complete, Heroes IV complete, the Heroes V bundle, and Heroes Chronicles.

In the Ubi shop, I found lowered prices on the MM: Heroes complete pack (full versions of H5 and H6, along with the H3 HD edition), the M&M franchise pack (M&M 1-10), as well as a really cheap "I am the boss" DLC to Clash of Heroes.

At Amazon.com I couldn't find many deals, but getting the Heroes VII deluxe edition for $27.44 isn't bad. There's also the Heroes Collection (Heroes 1-5) for just under $25, in case you're the retail kind of person who isn't satisfied with downloads from GOG. Amazon.co.uk have the same collection, but more prominent is the Heroes VII Collector's Edition - albeit it will set you back £57.

If you find any interesting deals for the community of players out there, please don't hesitate to comment. Image
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Good Deals For Christmas?

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Dec 2015, 21:38

I believe the sales you saw at gog.com were part of their winter sale (which ended today), so, alas, those sales are no longer in effect.

However, gog will still likely have a Christmas sale and there will also be the steam Christmas sale to look forward to :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Dec 2015, 22:16

Indeed, sometimes you gotta be fast to snap up the good offers. But yes, there will be more sales for Christmas, I'm sure. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Vlad The Devil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vlad The Devil » 14 Dec 2015, 15:08

You can always find some very good deals on Kinguin. For example, for the next day or so, you can purchase Heroes VII Uplay Key at a much worthy price - the lowest is 15 euros. I for one haven't encountered any problems when buying from trustworthy sellers on Kinguin - there is also a handy feedback section for every seller/shop. In fact, I bought a Heroes VII Uplay Key from Kinguin two weeks ago, during the Black Friday period - at 18 euros, call me crazy :wall: but I love the M&M franchise just too goddam much to let it pass - even though I knew of the countless bugs and what a terrible job Ubi did with the game

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Dec 2015, 18:04

Actually, €18 is pretty good considering the amount of hours (50+) in playing time you get. New movies are sold for that kind of price, and that only lasts a few hours. While I wouldn't recommend buying H7 at full price, your purchase actually sounds all right.

GOG have a Team17 sale! Hurry, get your worms for cheap! :) There's also GalCiv 3, although that wasn't as good as nr. 2.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 15 Dec 2015, 11:50

Vlad The Devil wrote:You can always find some very good deals on Kinguin. For example, for the next day or so, you can purchase Heroes VII Uplay Key at a much worthy price - the lowest is 15 euros.
This is really sad.

Two decades ago, I bought a pirated version of H2 and liked it so much, I tracked down the legit copy and bought several copies at more than 15 Euros each in my country's currency. That was a lot of money to me then. And H2 was about 2 years old when I bought it.

Now, H7 is barely 2 months old and already up to patch 1.6 which is still not working right. It is getting discounted to the same price as it was 2 decades ago. Inflation being what it is, who here is paying the same as he did for his daily bread 2 decades ago?

I still don't feel like buying H7 even at 15 Euros. Why buy, when I know I won't play it until it is properly patched? At my age I don't like to waste time by encountering a game breaking bug that forces me to replay the entire campaign. At the rate it is going by next Christmas H7 will be heavily discounted as a regular price.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Dec 2015, 15:46

A great deal here: Steam offer all M&M franchise games at 50%, even Heroes VII.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 23 Dec 2015, 16:15

Where are H1-4?

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 23 Dec 2015, 16:49

Steam doesn't have them, just H3 HD edition.

Steam Christmas sale is going on now, time to go take a look! :D

Return to “News”