Heroes V Version Clarification

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 04 May 2006, 21:20

To possibly ease some of the worries here....I'm planning on designing a downloadable version of the creature stat card so that you can print one out for the people who don't get access to it. (Mainly the US...like me).

As for the Aura....most people are guessing that it's either a special hero trail OR a special glowing & rotating circle that goes under your hero. To be honest....I simply don't know for sure right now. But those seem like reasonable guesses.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Namerutan
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Namerutan » 04 May 2006, 21:34

Aura is a unique hero, as Ubi said the April 5th on a new in the home of the uk official web.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Heroes V Version Clarification

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 May 2006, 21:37

Sir Charles wrote:To possibly ease some of the worries here....I'm planning on designing a downloadable version of the creature stat card so that you can print one out for the people who don't get access to it. (Mainly the US...like me).

As for the Aura....most people are guessing that it's either a special hero trail OR a special glowing & rotating circle that goes under your hero. To be honest....I simply don't know for sure right now. But those seem like reasonable guesses.
Thanks Sir Charles. I just got off the phone with UbiSoft and changed my preorder from Limited Edition to Standard Edition. I already have Heroes II Gold, Heroes III Complete & Heroes IV with all the Expansions. I don't need Ubi's incomplete versions of these games.
And as for the "Aura" that would just drive me crazzzzzzzzzy anyhow. :jester:
Namerutan wrote:Aura is a unique hero, as Ubi said the April 5th on a new in the home of the uk official web.
You mean Aura is the name of a Hero? Well that was really thoughtful of Ubi to not publicize it to the USA and/or other countries.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 04 May 2006, 21:45

So does that US for the L.E include Canada? :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 May 2006, 22:23

Guys, if you have the demo go to Options/Game. Near the bottom there's a greyed out click box called "Special Hero Trail" or somesuch. If you right click it it says that it's only available with the Limited Edition.
I'm guessing thats the Aura. An extra hero doesn't really make sense.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Furay
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Furay » 04 May 2006, 22:57

Re: Aura

"it says that it's only available with the Limited Edition."

Given that the "Aura" would appear to be hard-coded into the game, I'm sure someone will be able to "crack" the game to include this option in the future for all. Not that I'm for that kind of thing, but yeah., it kind of seems like a silly reason to buy the Limited version for this..

Oh, and does the "manual" mean there will be an acutal booklet, or just a PDF of the manual of the disk. That really peeved me about H4, after having such a great booklet with H3 (Australian release).

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 May 2006, 23:11

That aura better be a purely cosmetic thing then. If it's an actual gamefeature, that has an impact on the game, making people buy some sort of posh version to get it is not right.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 05 May 2006, 00:10

From the Ub official site where I placed my pre-order, I am getting a tarot card set with the US limited edition. it said that the Heroes 3 and 4 were remastered for use with Windows XP. Perhaps that only means the extant ones with the patches, but maybe it won't have as many glitches.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 May 2006, 04:45

sumalmamus wrote:From the Ub official site where I placed my pre-order, I am getting a tarot card set with the US limited edition. it said that the Heroes 3 and 4 were remastered for use with Windows XP. Perhaps that only means the extant ones with the patches, but maybe it won't have as many glitches.
Where'd you hear that you're getting a "tarot card set" with the Limited Edition? When I placed my order for the LE, there wasn't anything said about that.

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 05 May 2006, 14:04

THat was the ad I responded to that I received from customer service. Here's the link http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=HOMM ... mo=sqmch06 is the link, but the page it goes to now (even though that link is in the address line) doesn't show the tarot cards using characters from the game. Hopefully I do still actually get what I paid for.

My email receipt shows:

1 1 HOMMV_LE_TAROT 59.99 59.99 T

Heroes of Might & Magic®

V Limited Edition with

Tarot Cards

1 69292 Heroes of Might & Magic®

V Limited Edition

1 99221 Heroes of Might & Magic

V Tarot Deck Card

THe page says : * Offer expires May 21, 2006. Offer applies to the order of Heroes of Might & Magic® V only at the Ubisoft Store (http://store.ubi.com). Offer valid towards 2-day shipping on orders with U.S. shipping destinations only. May not be combined with other coupons, promotional offers or discounts or applied to previous orders. The coupon will be automatically applied to your order during checkout when you select '2 Business Days' as your shipping preference. Limit one per customer. No dealers please. Ubisoft reserves the right to change or discontinue this offer at any time.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 05 May 2006, 14:04

No expansions is really lousy- particularly since there hasn't been a US release of H4 complete. Now I don't know if I want any of the special editions. I think I'll wait until itis on the shelf, and if I can't get it, too bad. The extra trinkets are nice, but it was the ability to et H4 complete that was really what had me leaning towards the larger version. :(

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 05 May 2006, 15:35

Are we sure about the no winds of war and the gathering storm. It was advertised as "full versions" which I suppose could mean not "demos", but since III is more commonly found now as "complete" I optimistically read that as complete 3 and 4. Wishful thinking probably. Includes Heroes of Might and Magic III and Heroes of Might and Magic IV:

Relive both of these epic adventures from the Might and Magic universe or face their challenges for the first time. The Limited Edition includes full versions of both games remastered to be Windows® XP compatible.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 May 2006, 16:18

Sorry Sumalmamus, but it's pretty clear that UbiSoft's idea of complete doesn't mean complete at all. From Angelspit's 1st post in this thread, this information officially came from Fabrice himself.

I wish it were complete for both games, but since UbiSoft decided to cut corners and only give us the original games without any expansions, I see no reason to buy the Limited Edition of Heroes V.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 05 May 2006, 16:42

Do we have any information about the soundtrack?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 05 May 2006, 21:05

@ Furay

Yes, the manuals are all HARD copies. Not pdf files. Thank goodness. :O)

@ Hodgepodge

The tarot card offer was of very limited quantities and they've already run out, that's why you don't see that offer anymore. (I'm not positive on this, but I think the tarot cards were only available in Europe).

@Sumalmamus

Yes, we're positive. There will be NO EXPANSION PACKS with these editions. Further down the road, we "might" see packs with even the expansion packs...but not now for certain.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 06 May 2006, 00:01

Well if you had gotten expansions too, you wouldn't have bought the complete-editions they plan for later, now would you...
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 May 2006, 00:05

@ Qurqirish Dragon

I agree completely, while I appreciate the "free" versions of the earlier editions (my cd's are getting old) I am shocked that the expansions are not included afterall they added a lot to their generation of the game. They are probably going to gouge us some for them later, but at least that would mean they would be released.

@ Ethric

Didn't it say the expansions were not part of any of the announced releases?
Edited on Sun, May 14 2006, 16:39 by jeff
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 06 May 2006, 00:08

THe Tarot cards were definitely from the US website. I had signed up for a couple different newsletters and announcements and the offer came on an email dated March 20th and I purchased and got my confirmation on March 22nd.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 06 May 2006, 00:33

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I knew that they ran out of stock on the Tarot Cards...but I definitely wasn't certain on the locations they were available in.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 06 May 2006, 20:47

I'm not sure if it was already said here, but there's also the big paper map of Ashan in the EU Collectors' Edition, which you could see on that POTD some time before.
What the #$*! do we know?

Return to “News”