Game Reviews

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Game Reviews

Unread postby Angelspit » 31 Dec 2004, 12:59

Most of the major reviews are out for Dark Messiah, and again it's safe to say that the final scores aren't exactly what we were all hoping for -- after all, a successful spin-off not only provides exposure to the Heroes series, but improves the chances of seeing the franchise expand further. By the time I write this, the game has an average score of 73% on Game Rankings, six points below Heroes V. The Celestial Heavens Game Review page has been updated and includes the scores and quotes from the major reviews, from the enthusiastic PC Gamer and Games Radar articles to the rants at GameSpot and 1UP. Speaking of 1UP, they pulled their negative (5/10) review of Neverwinter Nights 2 during the week-end after an outcry from the NWN community. However, their questionable attempt to redefine the game rating system is still there...

window.___gcfg = {lang: 'en-GB'};

(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();

Review Links for the Might and Magic Series

Release Date: January 23, 2014

• Eurogamer: Score 7/10
  • GameSpot: Score 6/10
  • PC Gamer: Score 73%
  • GameStar.de: Score 79%
  • Stern.de: Score 4/5
  • Jeuxvideo: Score 15/20
  • Celestial Heavens: "As the most important part of the game, the gameplay aspect delivers, making it a true classic RPG experience. And while the endgame is a bit long, with somewhat disappointing plot twists (reminding me of M&M 9 in both), it truly is a good RPG experience for anyone who wants to play a modernized classic RPG." Score 8/10
  • CRPGaddict: "I trust my readers know me well enough to know that getting the game for free has no way influenced my opinion of it. I'd tell you if it sucked. But I'm happy to say that, at least so far, it's a worthy entry in the series, reaching both backwards and forwards." No score
  • Eurogamer: "Might & Magic 10: Legacy feels like a pleasant throwback to dungeon crawls of decades past, but its limited scope and combat-heavy focus might put off those pining for the freedom afforded by the more recent Elder Scrolls games, or the wordy character interaction of a Dragon Age. Nonetheless, for those keen on poring over stats and comparing colour-coded loot, it serves as a modern introduction to those games' precursors, delivers a heady blast of nostalgia, and preserves a little slice of history." Score 7/10
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “News”